• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

A wonderful pedestrian! (Dash cam footage)

imsam

She probably has an eye on the back of her head, I'm not sure but she doesn't need to look when she crosses roads and stuff! Pretty cool =)

*I know the dash cam video brightness is too high. I have lowered it after realizing it in this video. Damn it, lol.

imsam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jay walking? Is that what ur video is about?
Yeah, the lady in chef outfit crossing the road without looking to my direction and realized I was there when she was 80% finished crossing then she showed me an attitude as if I did something wrong.

Like aren't pedestrians required to look for cars anymore? Do they have right of way at all times that they can cross without looking now?

dmoney155

Like aren't pedestrians required to look for cars anymore? Do they have right of way at all times that they can cross without looking now?
Nope... apparently so. lol... I see so many just walking without care in the world. Their light shows even 1 sec before light change, they walk... the cool thing is after it turns to 0 and got a right to plow them down... well not really, just a right to honk the crap out my horn to relive frustration lol.

Pedestrians in this city are f**ing entitled idiots. And that's all I've got to say about that.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
it happends all the damn time. No one looks they just walk. It's part of driving in Toronto. Especially downtown.
I got some MAJOR stink-eye from a 20-something woman at Spadina/Adelaide because I stopped at 'the line' before making a right.
I'm not exactly sure what she was looking so pissed at. That is what 'The Line" is painted on the ground to indicate.

Lady, Do you want me to give you an extra few metres incase you want to cut the corner in getting to the sidewalk? :rollseyes:

WillC

In recent months, I have noticed increasing number of pedestrians crossing streets without even watch for cars first.

BTW, the video quality is really not good. Is this normal with BlackVue dashcams?

imsam

In recent months, I have noticed increasing number of pedestrians crossing streets without even watch for cars first.

BTW, the video quality is really not good. Is this normal with BlackVue dashcams?
I did the trim on my phone, maybe my app on the phone re-encoded it with lower bitrate. I have my dash cam settings on High.

RideshareDog

you know what drives me nuts about pedestrians?
when no one is considerate enough to stop crossing and allow me through to the residencial street downtown.when there is a constant flow of them. would it @@@@ing kill you just to wait one sec and allow me in.

imsam

when no one is considerate enough to stop crossing and allow me through to the residencial street downtown.when there is a constant flow of them. would it @@@@ing kill you just to wait one sec and allow me in.
You expect too much of humans. The more you wish them to let you pass quickly, the next pedestrians that aren't even close to the crosswalk yet will rush in and cross!

WillC

You expect too much of humans. The more you wish them to let you pass quickly, the next pedestrians that aren't even close to the crosswalk yet will rush in and cross!
Too often they rush, once in your way, they start leisure walking.

Underground

You know the ones who drives! They are the ones giving you chance to make the turn!