A Video?

DexNex

How long was your 5*streak? Mine was 263.

Post automatically merged:

If you care about how many consecutive 5 star rides you have given, that’s when you know Uber has you by the balls lol.

I don't know about that. Kind of seems like I have Uber by the balls.

Last edited:

rkozy

Has anyone else seen this video?

Yes. It is cheesy and laughable. They gave me a link so I could share it with passengers.

I guess they think I need more one-star rides this weekend.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know about that. Kind of seems like I have Uber by the balls.

Are you planning on negotiating a better pay rate based on your 4.99 driver rating?

If so, good luck with that.

DexNex

And you’re sure of this how?......I mean do you know someone in Uber research that can validate that comment/opinion?
You mean Uber Engineering? Yes, I do.

As a Rider Preferred program driver I receive favorable dispatch on certain dispatch parameters. Rider Preferred drivers are veteran drivers that are at least in the top 2% of all drivers for ratings and in-app comments. Origin and Destination Success rates are also a primary factor in dispatch. Super-high rated drivers enjoy high success rates in both Origin and Destination.

Dice Man

My video says I helped people loading their luggage!
I never touched a luggage or helped anyone loading, I have a back problem.
I guess it is an automated video.

Solid 5

You mean Uber Engineering? Yes, I do.

As a Rider Preferred program driver I receive favorable dispatch on certain dispatch parameters. Rider Preferred drivers are veteran drivers that are at least in the top 2% of all drivers for ratings and in-app comments. Origin and Destination Success rates are also a primary factor in dispatch. Super-high rated drivers enjoy high success rates in both Origin and Destination.

Can you direct me to this somewhere on the Uber platform? I mean it HAS to be stated somewhere right? Not a chance you could pull that info and that percentage out of thin air right?

SIDENOTE: Not trying to be an ass, just curious. I stopped rideshare February 20th and strictly do deliveries now. This is one reason.

DexNex

Can you direct me to this somewhere on the Uber platform? I mean it HAS to be stated somewhere right? Not a chance you could pull that info and that percentage out of thin air right?

SIDENOTE: Not trying to be an ass, just curious. I stopped rideshare February 20th and strictly do deliveries now. This is one reason.

Also this slide that comes from an Uber Engineering video (on YouTube) about Marketplace Dispatch:

Mista T

Author
The algorithm takes very, very good care of me. No worries.

The algorithm takes care of me too. See, I found out where one of the brogrammers lives, and banged on his door when he was hung over. I punched him in the stomach a few times and told him that if I didn't start getting better rides, then after Uber fired me I would show up at his place some day and have my way with him. Apparently he took me seriously, so now I get terrific requests. No college students, no grocery stores, nothing but milk and honey.

UberLaLa

The algorithm takes care of me too. See, I found out where one of the brogrammers lives, and banged on his door when he was hung over. I punched him in the stomach a few times and told him that if I didn't start getting better rides, then after Uber fired me I would show up at his place some day and have my way with him. Apparently he took me seriously, so now I get terrific requests. No college students, no grocery stores, nothing but milk and honey.

goneubering

Also this slide that comes from an Uber Engineering video (on YouTube) about Marketplace Dispatch:

Interesting.

How Do I Qualify for Rider Preferred?

Uber hasn’t published any set metrics for who qualifies for the status. However, according to their blog less than 2% of drivers nationwide qualify. In addition to high ratings, they say that they take into account the number of rides given, and the frequency of feedback received from passengers in the form of in-app comments and notes left by passengers.

Further, Uber plans to announce Rider Preferred drivers twice a year, and those who get the label will not be eligible later in the year, so you won’t get Rider Preferred status twice in a row.

ZenUber

And to think, all this time I’ve been beating up my phone.

FLKeys

I wasn't going to watch it now I had to Thanks. :mad:

Anyway I found it interesting that I drove people from 17 different countries.

My 5* streak was only 83. I suck.