A true 180....

Pulchra

IMG_4702.PNG

Hey uber.... your pull out game is weak!

anteetr

Beat me to it. @@@@ You Uber!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

For once you finally do something good and valuable for the people whose work and assets make your existence, let alone your valuation possible and you take it away almost immediately. You could have compromised and went to 4, but no all the way back to 2 which was never enough because it's all about what's best for you, as always. The 180 days of bullshit continues. @@@@ off @@@@@@@@!!!

JKdrive157

WTF??

One month and back to square one?

This blows because I was using the DF to keep me on the road longer, Generally in the burbs.

I'd much rather pick up someone going towards my destination with a longer pickup distance.

So many times my first ride in the burbs would pull me back into CC. with 6 filters I could at least stay out there.

Got me home all the way from trenton and worked like magic labor day weekend down the shore going from avalon to AC.

Why why why?

Ardery

WTF??

One month and back to square one?

This blows because I was using the DF to keep me on the road longer, Generally in the burbs.

I'd much rather pick up someone going towards my destination with a longer pickup distance.

So many times my first ride in the burbs would pull me back into CC. with 6 filters I could at least stay out there.

Got me home all the way from trenton and worked like magic labor day weekend down the shore going from avalon to AC.

Why why why?
people were abusing the crap out of it.

drivers were using it setting it to only airport rides.

certain areas were suffering because there were no cars available or had super long wait times.

Jerks. they could have left us 3 to work with.

Damn Indian givers.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobby747

How come before all this bullshit..wait times were 10.mins...at train station..with no taxis hundreds of riders..and 1 car. And no surge...
BECAUSE UBER WANTS IT THAT WAY..LIKE PHL

Ardery

I really wanted to keep 3.
one in the morning to work my way into the city. another at 11am to go home from 11a to 3p, and a third one to go home at night.

paulmsr

What they need their programmers to do is create an algorithm that looks to see if a car is moving. If someone is sitting at their house just waiting for airport rides well then they get nothing if using the DF for that reason. DF should only be for people DRIVING in the direction they're going or want to go.

kdyrpr

What they need their programmers to do is create an algorithm that looks to see if a car is moving. If someone is sitting at their house just waiting for airport rides well then they get nothing if using the DF for that reason. DF should only be for people DRIVING in the direction they're going or want to go.
It's not like you put the destination filter to Airport and get a ride all the way to the airport. There's no guarantee. I've gotten a ton of rides that are "toward my destination". Yeah, 1/2 mile. As usual UBER states somewhere in their logic that this will increase earnings.

paulmsr

It's not like you put the destination filter to Airport and get a ride all the way to the airport. There's no guarantee. I've gotten a ton of rides that are "toward my destination". Yeah, 1/2 mile. As usual UBER states somewhere in their logic that this will increase earnings.

oh i totally agree but there are people that just sit there with that on and won't leave till they see that long distance trip.

bobby747

Point is so many long trips Dont say that..i had a coatsville/ lansdale/ny...less than half say it 4 me...
2 weeks ago. I had an xl. 2.2 C.f.. to downington..i was going to cancel could not find...i had guy feeling...i waited patient..far ride..food from wawa.. just for stopping. $10 tip..u never know...sometimes with filter on . I go 3 blocks towards dest...

Ted L.

So more DFs mean longer waits and further pickups? Where were all the drivers not using the DFs bragging about how their earnings went up due to quicker and closer pings?

Ardery

So more DFs mean longer waits and further pickups? Where were all the drivers not using the DFs bragging about how their earnings went up due to quicker and closer pings?
according to Uber, drivers were abusing the DF.

im not sure how?

word is, drivers set their DF's to the airport while sitting at home waiting for pings. passengers outside of those ranges had longer wait times.

(im not sure this to be fact)