A trick to make sure Uber/Lyft doesn’t underpay

M.209

I think I need to start asking to make a screenshot from now on..

Lear more at https://qz.com/956139/uber-drivers-...h-riders-to-check-their-pay-from-the-company/

“Before I start my trip, I usually go into the app for the rider and see how much it would be to go from where I picked them up to where I’m going to drop them off,” Jose Molina, an Uber driver in New York City, told me last week. Then he takes a screenshot. “Once it’s done, I’ll check on my app to see how much they paid me, to see if there’s a difference,” he said.

Trafficat

My bet: Uber is paying back some drivers just to keep them happy, despite no official policy to do so. Probably they are assuming a few dollars to a few picky drivers is better than bad publicity.

My prediction: As news of this gets out, Uber will stop doing this, since it is making it look more like they made an error by compensating people for upfront fare differences.

Jtdub

Well they pay as by time and distance now, so I am confused as to why this is relevant.

Article is from April 13. When did they start time and distance pay?

M.209

you must be really bored.

you must have lots of free time on your hands.

Not bored.

I just know how to quickly find info I need.

http://mashable.com/2011/11/24/google-search-infographic/#o6oQKNBL8Gqr

You are welcome

And I can quickly login into UP.net :wink:

My bet: Uber is paying back some drivers just to keep them happy, despite no official policy to do so. Probably they are assuming a few dollars to a few picky drivers is better than bad publicity.

My prediction: As news of this gets out, Uber will stop doing this, since it is making it look more like they made an error by compensating people for upfront fare differences.
Screenshot_2017-09-10-07-59-25.png

Well they pay as by time and distance now, so I am confused as to why this is relevant.

Article is from April 13. When did they start time and distance pay?

Don't be confused. Just take a pic of rider's price for a trip.

Do you see a difference on your phone?

so true. uber. lyft. steeling drivers money.jpg