• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

A speeding ticket got my account deactivated

Uberwr

I was found guilty for a speeding ticket a year ago uber does a background check and deactivate my account is there anyway I can get it back up and running

U need to hire a lawyer and also sue Uber if they ran ur background check with out ur consent and violated your privacy rights. They just did a settlement about this problem a year ago for 7.5 million and they still doing it again the morons just don’t get it, it’s illegal to run any background check with out your consent and signature on paper for checkerR to run your info. Speak to a lawyer and I will see he will tell you the same

Transeau

a) didn't you agree to a yearly background check already? Pretty sure it's in the agreement.
b) found guilty is one thing, but it doesn't go on your record if you attend traffic school.

At least that's the way it is in California..

They ran my background check with out my consent and in month they ran 16 background checks the morons, I got a lawyer and there negotiating a settlement now it will take about a month or two for me to be paid for violating my privacy rights. They suspended my account over a 14 year traffic ticket I had even checkerR recommended to hire but some moron in there office suspended my account even though I have a 4.98 ragging for past three years driving and making money for them fools that just sit on there ass and we do all the hard work. drive with lyft and Uber fees are way to much from constantly been sued by drivers and attorney generals in many states that make us pay for there mistakes out of our hard work and many hours we drive

They need constant any time they want to run a background check and that’s in any state. Call a lawyer and find out

a) didn't you agree to a yearly background check already? Pretty sure it's in the agreement.
b) found guilty is one thing, but it doesn't go on your record if you attend traffic school.

DerBundes

Not NYS.