"A sign of our commitment to reliability" Bonus Payment

GaryWinFlorida

Has anyone else received a "Promotion" payment described as "A sign of our commitment to reliability"? I just saw that my earning for this past Thursday went up $17.02. Don't want to ask Uber what it is because I'm feeling it's probably a mistake and they'll take it back.

Uberchampion

When you look at your payout for the week screen it's on there...my dashboard had one $$ just for trips but when I picked the weekly statement in had the bonus tacked on.

UberVolt

Confirmed for $65.48 here in Ottawa, Ontario. Checked with the our group and others are also seeing this promotion on their pay as well, for the exact same amount. :rolleyes:

Jaydawg

So any ideas what its based on? Acceptance rates maybe?
I have no clue. The Uber app was down in Chicago (and across the US?) on Thursday. This might have something to do with that. Or it depends on how many rides you did and it's profit-sharing? LOL I have no idea! I'm beginning to think Uber is doing it for their own promotion and goodwill. All the drivers will begin whispering about it to each other and talking the company up lol

madUber74

$16.36 for me in Madison. We had a lot of network issues on Thursday evening, sounds like those issues were widespread. Had multiple riders that night tell me they had trouble accessing the system and requesting rides. Must be a bonus for potential lost business and staying online thru it, maybe based on number of hours logged on while they were having network problems.

4-WARNED

I have no clue. The Uber app was down in Chicago (and across the US?) on Thursday. This might have something to do with that. Or it depends on how many rides you did and it's profit-sharing? LOL I have no idea! I'm beginning to think Uber is doing it for their own promotion and goodwill. All the drivers will begin whispering about it to each other and talking the company up lol
Good theories! But if it was because of the downtime, shouldn't everyone receive around the same amount? As for number of rides completed, let's see. So far this week I've done 29. Last week was 27. Since I started a little over 500. We need numbers from a few others to see if there's a pattern.... Or someone could just ask uber! lol