• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

A scary moment

UberLaLa

Is it really redlining if it has nothing to do with race and has everything to do with safety?
Red Lining is specifically about 'areas.'

Besides short trip discrimination (which I would do all day if possible) it is why Uber/Lyft do not show us the destination until we Start trip.

If that's a movie or TV reference it went over my head.

This is more like what you're likely to run into in a Madison ghetto after midnight. College kids saving money on rent by living in the "hood".

View attachment 224544
I think that is Cableguynoe's exact tongue-in-cheek reference :wink:

Squirming Like A Toad

#1: Speaking to a passenger of love. Do not speak of love.

#2: Allowing a passenger to touch you.

#3: Lingering after dropping off a woman. Your GPS trace should show you leaving the area within seconds after ending the ride. If she claimed you followed her in and gave her the business up there, you would be screwed, and not in a good way. But if she said you did that and the app shows you leaving, she's getting arrested for lying to the police.

The Big One: Getting out of your car. Being in the driver's seat is your superpower if there is a problem, and it's the only time you're making money.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
#1: Speaking to a passenger of love. Do not speak of love.

#2: Allowing a passenger to touch you.

#3: Lingering after dropping off a woman. Your GPS trace should show you leaving the area within seconds after ending the ride. If she claimed you followed her in and gave her the business up there, you would be screwed, and not in a good way. But if she said you did that and the app shows you leaving, she's getting arrested for lying to the police.

The Big One: Getting out of your car. Being in the driver's seat is your superpower if there is a problem, and it's the only time you're making money.
Even the Transporter broke his own rules to be nice to a woman. It's easy to Monday morning QB but I probably would have done the same thing. Except I would have jumped into my car when I saw the dude in the street! (She's in the building safe and sound at least.)

Cableguynoe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melusine3

The way you felt that moment is the way women feel every night after dark outside our homes alone (even at home alone sometimes) whether driving rideshare or not. You guys are so lucky to only feel fear (or get into dangerous situations) in limited circumstances. :frown:
Absolutely, right on the money! I avoid 5/6 of my town after dark for that very reason. If I end up driving to a sketchy area, I turn my app off as soon as I drop off.

Cableguynoe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The way you felt that moment is the way women feel every night after dark outside our homes alone (even at home alone sometimes) whether driving rideshare or not. You guys are so lucky to only feel fear (or get into dangerous situations) in limited circumstances. :frown:
When the hunter becomes the hunted

Daisy&Cream

lol.
What? No.

I’m saying men are usually the hunters.
Making woman feel uncomfortable, like you said.
But once in a while, like in my case, we’re the ones scared.
You're response had no relevance to my post. I said women are constantly afraid and your response to that was when the "Hunter becomes the hunted" - which would imply that women or I are the hunters in this case which makes no sense. So,either you responded to the incorrect post or your response is completely inappropriate. Which one is it?