A rider used the n-word in my vehicle

Eber88

So I pulled over and let him out right before the exit (technically still on the highway but not really) as he's profusely apologizing. Too many non-blacks are too comfortable saying that shit around me and I usually let it slide but this time I snapped. The punk 1-starred me but I reported the incident immediately after the "trip" can I get the rating reversed?

Rakos

So I pulled over and let him out right before the exit (technically still on the highway but not really) as he's profusely apologizing. Too many non-blacks are too comfortable saying that shit around me and I usually let it slide but this time I snapped. The punk 1-starred me but I reported the incident immediately after the "trip" can I get the rating reversed?

Assuming you are driving Uber....NO...

They will not adjust anything....

Butt...DEFINATELY report him to Uber...

They will not match you again...

Rakos

Lildono

I hate it when anyone uses that word black or not. But all you can do is report it. That's all I should say but I'm going to rant a minute.

.Also, I'm sure people in this forum will be the least supportive of your choice since apparently it's not sensitive to some people (I have to make broad statements or I'll be accused of attacking someone) to talk about race or deal with race issues. We all should just let it go, because it's like you can turn being a minority off. I'll probably get banned for this so sayonara.

Julescase

Good for you - PLEASE tell Uber everything that occurred, and push them to deactivate that passenger because anyone who uses that language in front of another human being should not be allowed to have an Uber account.

Knowing Uber, they'll do diddly squat, but definitely report him and give the full rundown on what he said - please

unPat

Neither Uber nor lyft will do anything. They will say they will unpair you and investigate. But how are they gonna investigate? They will not use your dash cam it’s for your own safety. But they are not gonna waste their resources on investigaing a matter of he said she said . I once reported a passenger for profanity incident . Then the representative asked me what led the passenger to use profanity? WTF ? They said they may deactivate the passengers account but I will not know the outcome .
They will apologize to you and they will apologize to the passengers. That’s how it works.

steveK2016

Were they directing it to you?

I know its the same topic as the hate thread but most of the time, if the pax are talking among themselves, I am not paying attention nor give two shits what they are saying. I zone out and focus on the road unless theyre looking for me to respond to direct conversation.

Its like how my IT guy puts it, he'd worked so many various corporate jobs that hes used to just not paying attention to things on the screen or desk that doesn't pertain to him.

I'm not black, so the word means nothing to me. I dont let words ruin my day though, especially if they arent directed to me.

SEAL Team 5

Too many non-blacks are too comfortable saying that shit around me and I usually let it slide but this time I snapped.
So if it was a mixed raced person that said the "n-word" would you have only half snapped? What happens when a non-black pax wants to play today's popular rap music in your vehicle? Do you stop and kick the pax out if they rap along to the lyrics which mostly contain the "n-word"?
I guess what I'm getting at is that your post suggest that all non-blacks are not allowed the same freedom of speech in your vehicle as the rest of society. That's pretty racist.

Plato

The double standard with that word is pretty ridiculous. People use it so much now that there is no more shock value to it. I had a car full of bros who, not only weren't black, but were gay as well. The gay part I discovered by listening to their conversations amongst each other. If you look and listen close a man will show you what he is.

Spotscat

35 years ago when I was in college, I dated a chocolate girl. One night while we were having a nice dinner, somehow the topic of the "N-word" and its usage came up.

She very sweetly told me that there was no way that I, a Caucasian, could use that word in a conversation without it being offensive to others, and that the best thing I could do was to remove that word from my vocabulary.

As I've become older, I see that word being used much like the way people in the military refer to each other. I can use the terms "squid", "jarhead", "air scout" and more in conversations with other veterans, because I was once in the armed forces ("puddle-jumper") - in other words, I've earned that right. But if someone who wasn't in the service uses those terms, it's offensive - because they haven't lived the life.

I'll never earn the right to call someone the "N-word", because I've never lived the life. So, like she told me all those years ago, I've dropped that word from my vocabulary.

:smiles:

Grahamcracker

Total B.S. either anyone can say it or no one can.

KellyC

Good for you for putting him out. People gotta learn.

ShinyAndChrome

The dumbest example of this word recently was a bunch of white college girls getting trashed in media for singing along to a Kanye west song that uses it freely--a popular one. He was ok putting it in the song and selling millions of copies to white people but they better not sing to it!