• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

A Ride Share APP that will disrupt Uber/Lyft

Will this app disrupt the current model of Uber/Lyft

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

MikeNY

An APP that sends a ping to the drivers closest to the pick up.

Free Market pricing similar to when Uber/Lyft decide on a Price Surge based on Supply and Demand.

Sort of like the Ebay of Ride Share.

The difference with this APP is the drivers decide on the price and PAX can decide to accept or not.
20% of the fair goes to the APP and driver keeps the rest.
Credit card only

In order to ensure you don't cheat the co out of the fare and decide to make a deal with the PAX for cash. There are cancellation fees involved same way it works with U/L.
Obviously there is a lot of tweaks and legal issues but it's not any different then what U/L had has and currently deals with.

(1) PAX & Drivers will have a ratings system which can be a factor in deciding whether to accept on both ends.
(2) price and distance can be a factor on both ends whether to decide to accept or not.

APP developers will make a profit unlike U/L they won't invest their profits into Autonomous Vehicles and lose their profits.

Drivers will be happy getting 80% of the fare and feel happier being able to decide on pricing.

ECOMCON

An APP that sends a ping to the drivers closest to the pick up.

Free Market pricing similar to when Uber/Lyft decide on a Price Surge based on Supply and Demand.

Sort of like the Ebay of Ride Share.

The difference with this APP is the drivers decide on the price and PAX can decide to accept or not.
20% of the fair goes to the APP and driver keeps the rest.
Credit card only

In order to ensure you don't cheat the co out of the fare and decide to make a deal with the PAX for cash. There are cancellation fees involved same way it works with U/L.
Obviously there is a lot of tweaks and legal issues but it's not any different then what U/L had has and currently deals with.

(1) PAX & Drivers will have a ratings system which can be a factor in deciding whether to accept on both ends.
(2) price and distance can be a factor on both ends whether to decide to accept or not.

APP developers will make a profit unlike U/L they won't invest their profits into Autonomous Vehicles and lose their profits.

Drivers will be happy getting 80% of the fare and feel happier being able to decide on pricing.
Sounds like they’ll bring uber & lyft down to their knees :nailbiting:
Disrupt the disruptors.

I’m scraping off the uber logo from the car as we speak

Last edited:

Jay Dean

Snore post, you have zero idea what these people can do with billions backing, whatever app that wants to be a "hero" will not work, trust me, I seen it with 8 apps when U/L had ZERO room to play, once they did, it was game over.

UberHammer

Past Sponsor
My dream rideshare app would:

1) let every driver set their own rates for a) base fare; b) mileage; c) time; d) wait time (for multiple stops.... if I don't like multiple stops then my rate is $1000/hour for wait time), and e) minimum fare

2) the rates would not just be from pickup location to drop off location; but also include driver's current location to pickup location.

3) $5 cancel fee after two minutes of waiting, as well as a $5 change of destination fee if the rider change their destination mid trip.

With these known to the app, a rider could see a dozen different drivers and have an upfront price of what their trip will cost from each driver, as well as see how far away the driver is and they're rating and type of car. They can then select the driver they want.

The app would during the trip give them an upfront price of what a new destination would cost, which would include the charge for changing the destination. if the change in destination is an additional stop, then it would assume the stop is 3 minutes, and warn the rider how much per minute it costs to keep the driver waiting longer.

MikeNY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Snore post, you have zero idea what these people can do with billions backing, whatever app that wants to be a "hero" will not work, trust me, I seen it with 8 apps when U/L had ZERO room to play, once they did, it was game over.
I disagree with you for the same reasons you used about the billions.
Who do you think invested the billions who do you think invests in new companies and startups. Right now companies come and go. These investors aren't idiots. The same smart Alec that came up with the uber idea was laughed at by many successful players. Nah it will never work. Guess what, it opened up the free market. Smart investors will realize an opportunity in front of them.

Jay Dean

I disagree with you for the same reasons you used about the billions.
Who do you think invested the billions who do you think invests in new companies and startups. Right now companies come and go. These investors aren't idiots. The same smart Alec that came up with the uber idea was laughed at by many successful players. Nah it will never work. Guess what, it opened up the free market. Smart investors will realize an opportunity in front of them.
Investors in the hay-day, never imagined that rates would be dropped to 1970s cab rates, or the fact that they would build flying cars (that aren't realistic) in a old doc in SF that is over...(don't remember rate, 200k a month?) What you are seeing and what is happening is assholes taking everyone for a ride, every driver, every investor, and every rider) Not sure how to point out evidence better?

MikeNY

Investors in the hay-day, never imagined that rates would be dropped to 1970s cab rates, or the fact that they would build flying cars (that aren't realistic) in a old doc in SF that is over...(don't remember rate, 200k a month?) What you are seeing and what is happening is assholes taking everyone for a ride, every driver, every investor, and every rider) Not sure how to point out evidence better?
Not sure what you're trying to say

ECOMCON

You haven’t offered ANY evidence.
Just accusations

Jay Dean

Again not sure what your point is
I gave you reasons to prove the investors were not idiots (but didn't think so going in) in 18-2019 (and were scammed), now prove me wrong, ..

You haven’t offered ANY evidence.
Just accusations
When they invested, it was 2015, and the RATES made economic sense...You think Uber became a multi billion dollar company years later?

MikeNY

I gave you reasons to prove the investors are idiots (but didn't think so going in) in 18-2019 (and were scammed), now prove me wrong, ..
No need to overreact we aren't here to hate on each other.
Your analysis has no basis. It can be your opinion and rightfully so.
Haven't heard of any of this

Jay Dean

No need to overreact we aren't here to hate on each other.
Your analysis has no basis. It can be your opinion and rightfully so.
Haven't heard of any of this
Have no idea what you are talking about, I am simply talking about basics in investment.

ECOMCON

I gave you reasons to prove the investors were not idiots (but didn't think so going in) in 18-2019 (and were scammed), now prove me wrong, ..

When they invested, it was 2015, and the RATES made economic sense...You think Uber became a multi billion dollar company years later?
Makes “economic sense” for uber’s Customers: the passengers
They love the rates.

Makes pretty good sense for a PT driver supplementing a FT salary, or retiree, home maker with a couple of extra hours a day to kill, kid wanting slurpee & Cheetos money.

As a direct result of automation, technology, artificial intelligence & RPA (Robotic Process Automations)
  • Entry level ground transportation
  • Car assembly line workers
  • General assembly line workers
  • Warehouse workers
  • bank tellers
  • cashiers
  • Etc
All are evolving occupations.
No longer guaranteeing living wages.

Last edited:

Jay Dean

Trust me dude, there are no "apps" to save the day, U/L has this figured out, any idea anyone has to make this "right" is over and done without multi millions to back. Stop talking shit and go with the flow like the 244.9 million do in US lol, no offense.

I mean, as a side note, I want to see you succeed, what I know being in the TECH meca, that will NOT happen. So the irony is, I root for your post, but the reality? Well, I live where things happen, and reality happens.

And U/L will win.