• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

A reminder why I don't drive past 10 pm

Benjamin M

Just took the pup potty. We exited the building to meet a guy literally carrying a woman (hopefully his wife or girlfriend), seemingly unconscious.

Talked with the driver, he barely spoke English (middle eastern). He wisely was checking the back seat, she was apparently dry heaving during the trip. Fortunately, he didn't find anything.

He was still there after pup did his business. Tapped on his window, took a quick glance. "No dash cam. Get one."

"Yah, yah, so everyone can see everything.."

Nice car, he got lucky.

If a pax can't walk, I don't take them - period. An "amber lamps" is better for pushing alcohol poisoning.

Benjamin M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not even a tip? *confusion*
Knowing people in my building, don't think so.
Post automatically merged:

In other news from my building, someone ordered a huge Chicken Fiesta dinner that sat for at least an hour. Drunk order? Did they die?

Posted on our underground Facebook page, it disappeared quickly. Hopefully someone got some free om nom. 😂

Last edited:

UbaBrah

I also like driving the college crowd at night, for the most part. Rides come in thick and fast and the money stacks quickly with the inevitable surges. Times sure have changed since I was in school though. Nothing is cool anymore, it's "lit." People also don't crush anymore. Instead they "catch fellins." Oh well.

Uber Crack

Author
Nights are so much fun I can't even stand it 😄 Most rides people have had just a few too many so they're not too annoying yet, in fact they're funny as heck, or there's some drama that's fairly amusing.

Others are a mess and it's interesting. Some you can help, it's like community service paying it forward for one day when that's your kid. Also you learn a lot, like what's cool in this generation.

There's no traffic so miles add up so much quicker. You don't have to keep your car as clean. It's fun waking up the passed-out one's by hitting the brakes hard a few times on their street 😁

You can screw up on the route and they don't notice. So relaxing. Also cool jams 🎶 If they're annoying I turn up the music slowly on my steering wheel 😄 Most of all I just like to be out with the nightlife in the city.

A pax once told me there's a guard animal in every herd who looks out for the others while they sleep. That's me 😁

mch

Nights are so much fun I can't even stand it 😄 Most rides people have had just a few too many so they're not too annoying yet, in fact they're funny as heck, or there's some drama that's fairly amusing.

Others are a mess and it's interesting. Some you can help, it's like community service paying it forward for one day when that's your kid. Also you learn a lot, like what's cool in this generation.

There's no traffic so miles add up so much quicker. You don't have to keep your car as clean. It's fun waking up the passed-out one's by hitting the brakes hard a few times on their street 😁

You can screw up on the route and they don't notice. So relaxing. Also cool jams 🎶 If they're annoying I turn up the music slowly on my steering wheel 😄 Most of all I just like to be out with the nightlife in the city.

A pax once told me there's a guard animal in every herd who looks out for the others while they sleep. That's me 😁
Yes! This!

Benjamin M

I find it a bit amusing that I've seen so many posts on "medical transport" pings, service animals, animals in general, obese pax (had one today, damn near killed "Gloria", etc - but..

Driving nights is "fun".

Yeah, no. So many bad things happen at night. Your liability and risks skyrocket.

I'm assuming that the woman, unconscious, being carried was his SO. But who knows? And what if she died during the trip? Puking everywhere is the least of the problems.

I'll take someone in a wheelchair or being discharged from the hospital, in totally stable condition, over someone so under the influence that they can't speak for themselves or may stop breathing any day.

Benjamin M

Don't discount the possibility that someone had tampered with her drink.

I had one of those a few months ago.
Exactly.

It's just not worth it, in my humble opinion.

Tipsy? Fine. Hammered to the point of puking or unable to stand? Nope times infinity. Not in my ride.

waldowainthrop

Every time I say “never late night” I remember the 2:30 AM $42 adjusted surge ride where a 15 minute one-way turned into a 42 minute two-destination epic ride ending up with me waking up a passed out drunk guy in his driveway. Remember: unicorns exist but they don’t always tip 🦄. I’d take that ride again at $60 an hour, drunkards be damned.

peteyvavs

Knowing people in my building, don't think so.
Post automatically merged:

In other news from my building, someone ordered a huge Chicken Fiesta dinner that sat for at least an hour. Drunk order? Did they die?

Posted on our underground Facebook page, it disappeared quickly. Hopefully someone got some free om nom. 😂
You gotta move out of the projects, ooops sorry I forgot you're a piss poor uber driver.

Benjamin M

You gotta move out of the projects, ooops sorry I forgot you're a piss poor uber driver.
Actually, we're living in a brand new luxury apartment complex. Rent is ridiculously high, we're leaving soon.

People here are often the entitled millenia type that don't tend to tip drivers.

But nice try 😂