A passenger in a Lyft brutality mauled and beaten by police in Clayton County, Ga.

TBoned

Gimme a break. That guy is fighting those cops like a rabid dog. I never trust these videos that start well after the start of the whole mess. Almost every one of these people refuse to comply, then run, then fight. Rinse repeat.

Gby

For all to know my job is in Clayton county near an area called Forest Park. The police in the area are very quick to pull you over and has a reputation for being aggressive.

They mostly just want to give you a ticket for revenue or they are looking for someone.
Cops should not have the rights to touch any one if are not atacked .. if that guy it was mentally disabled person .

Jst1dreamr

Haven't seen any talk on UP about this incident in Georgia a couple days ago. Apparently a Lyft driver was pulled over and the pax refused to show ID, so the deputies beat him unconscious.
Probably more to this story than you know but as usual video only shows the beating part. That was excessive depending what happened before the video started. It looks like resisting arrest to me but again who knows. What I do know from personal experiences is that keeping your mouth shut and cooperating is not only the best way to handle cops but the right way.

Fargle

Something definitely was WRONG if the cop got FIRED.. Hello?? This shit has been happening for waaaaaayyyy to @@@@ing long, man<sigh>... Thank GAWD for smartphones/tech...
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. There is growing pressure for SOMEONE to be quickly blamed and arrested/fired when something happens and damn any sort of critical thinking, investigation, etc. That's why we're seeing things happen like a man being arrested for being seen INSIDE HIS HOME with a gun while a potentially violent mob shone lights at his house, blasted music, and yelled threats at him through bullhorns. The KKK did pretty much the same thing to people they didn't like and got away with it while the victims were called criminals.

EastBayRides

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I do know from personal experiences is that keeping your mouth shut and cooperating is not only the best way to handle cops but the right way.
Let me guess. You are white.
Post automatically merged:

Gimme a break. That guy is fighting those cops like a rabid dog. I never trust these videos that start well after the start of the whole mess. Almost every one of these people refuse to comply, then run, then fight. Rinse repeat.
You must be a good Christian. Turn the other cheek, and all. In reality, I imagine when two steroid-infused uniforms are beating on you and smothering you that your body will inherently fight to survive. In a video you will look like you are resisting arrest, so the cops would be justified in beating you some more.

I don't get it. Is this supposed to mean something?

The fact that he now knows he's supposed to carry a state issued ID card. And even more importantly, PRESENT said card to an officer of the law on request.

Not going to ask how he managed to book a LyfUber ride without one.
Pay attention. Georgia law does not require someone to show ID, and the original news about it being a Lyft pax has been corrected. Lyft verified this was not during a ride on the app. You can return to your video game now.

Last edited:

Fargle

Pay attention. Georgia law does not require someone to show ID, and the original news about it being a Lyft pax has been corrected. Lyft verified this was not during a ride on the app. You can return to your video game now.
Now we have confirmation that at least one part of the snap conclusion is wrong. What else do you suppose is wrong? Maybe what started it? Hmm?

Jst1dreamr

Let me guess. You are white.

You must be a good Christian. Turn the other cheek, and all. In reality, I imagine when two steroid-infused uniforms are beating on you and smothering you that your body will inherently fight to survive. In a video you will look like you are resisting arrest, so the cops would be justified in beating you some more.

I don't get it. Is this supposed to mean something?

Keep guessing, I am just not stupid. Now let me take a guess....You are young and have no life experience and you believe the world owes you something. But you never lifted a finger to earn it.