A passenger in a Lyft brutality mauled and beaten by police in Clayton County, Ga.

I will crack Lyft hacks

Speaking of corrupt police, do these black lives matter?

Yes!

They should not be shot in the streets or beaten on video, they should face a judicial process and a judge will decide their punishment.

But, yes, of course their life matters.

So does the life of the two officers in op video that will be fired and will have to face a judge, not be killed by a mob in the streets.

EastBayRides

cali is burning and not from fires and going to crap due to the laws they don't protect law abiding people. and If pulled over in cali driving you have to have a valid ID. read here.

It’s important to note here that if you do exercise your right to refuse to show your ID, an officer might arrest you. It would be a wrongful arrest, but it would be an arrest. (And for some, the arrest may carry immigration consequences.) That said, if it happens to you, consider calling the ACLU. In California, as long as the request for ID is not reasonably related to the scope of the stop, you have the right to refuse to show your ID to law enforcement except in the following cases:

• If you’re driving and pulled over, you need to show ID.
  • If you have been arrested or booked, show your ID.
Lame attempt at deflection. The incident took place in Georgia, so California law is irrelevant. But since you went there, please cite the California law that says you may be beaten unconscious for failing to show ID.
Post automatically merged:

When they are Russian citizens? North Korean citizens? Chinese citizens?

Innocent until proven guilty. Tried by a jury of peers, To Protect and serve.

America.
"Innocent until proven guilty" is something people on UP want when it comes to Uber deactivating an account, not when police are shooting and beating people on the streets. Keeping things in perspective.

It was an illegal gypsee cab. Police are known to seize these vehicles.

"Mr. Walker has a felony probation warrant out of Fulton County for Cruelty to Children, Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon, and a Failure to Appear warrant out of Hapeville which resulted in Magistrate Court denying him a bond,” the statement reads.

Somehow this important information is excluded from most articles. Imagine that, a convicted felon resisting arrest.
Gee, imagine that...a black man has a record and a white man points to that record as evidence the black man is a menace to society...same white man never imagines that said black man might have a record simply because of systemic racism that leads to black men being frequently pulled over for things like a tail light...things that the white man has probably done on various occasions in life without worry of jail time. This is how systemic racism works.

We don't know the whole story. Police could have had a report of an incident or wrong doing.
If they ask for id during an investigation you have to show an ID period. It's the law.
Do not think you can't get away with not providing an ID during a traffic stop.
Even if you think you are right show the ID.
If you fail and fight this might happen.
moral of the story is if you did nothing wrong show id and not create the issue.
If you know you are wrong do not fight or resist. If you look like a freak out you create a problem.
The people around freaking out for sure made it all worse. Don't freak out don't be an idiot.
That's a lot of "what if" statements for someone who started by writing that we don't know the whole story. As cited elsewhere in this thread, in Georgia a cop has no authority to obligate you to show ID. Your core argument holds no water, even if it could remotely justify a beating as shown on video. What I see is a cop who knew he was wrong but fought anyway because he knew he was always able to get away with it before.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Should be Mandatory Watching for Drivers Ed. !

I've heard this rule both ways - that a person doesn't have to give the police his identification (i.e., unless he is driving, etc.) I'd like to see a major national-level commission on police procedures discuss everything that way everyone will know what's in it - and make changes to those parts that should be changed.

Hmm, this sounds like a good ploy - when faced with a driving infraction, introduce a non-driving infraction so that the police might forget about the driving infraction. :biggrin:
Everyone will be CHIPPED AND SCANNABLE IN 20 YEARS !

Cynergie

Yes!

They should not be shot in the streets or beaten on video, they should face a judicial process and a judge will decide their punishment.

But, yes, of course their life matters.

So does the life of the two officers in op video that will be fired and will have to face a judge, not be killed by a mob in the streets.
Of course. But not to worry, I doubt if a lynch mob would ever come to pass because they're
1. Black and
2. Female.
Those 2 factors alone would send the [email protected] #Wokeratti into 100% total and complete meltdown if that were to ever come to pass.
Unless of course, they were beaten and shot by black thug gang bangers. Then said story would be guaranteed to NEVER see the light of day on the drive by MSM the likes of the Clown News Network.:smiles:

That being said, this was a purely rhethorical question. To test the community's knee-jerk emotional reaction to the OP's flame baiting original post. Should've included a couple /sarcasm> tags in my post :rolleyes:

Should be Mandatory Watching for Drivers Ed. !

Everyone will be CHIPPED AND SCANNABLE IN 20 YEARS !
Yes my dear fellow.

You see, this has been foretold over 1,000 years ago.

It's called the Mark of the Beast.....:laugh:

Last edited:

ohnos

Lame attempt at deflection. The incident took place in Georgia, so California law is irrelevant. But since you went there, please cite the California law that says you may be beaten unconscious for failing to show ID.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is something people on UP want when it comes to Uber deactivating an account, not when police are shooting and beating people on the streets. Keeping things in perspective.

Gee, imagine that...a black man has a record and a white man points to that record as evidence the black man is a menace to society...same white man never imagines that said black man might have a record simply because of systemic racism that leads to black men being frequently pulled over for things like a tail light...things that the white man has probably done on various occasions in life without worry of jail time. This is how systemic racism works.

That's a lot of "what if" statements for someone who started by writing that we don't know the whole story. As cited elsewhere in this thread, in Georgia a cop has no authority to obligate you to show ID. Your core argument holds no water, even if it could remotely justify a beating as shown on video. What I see is a cop who knew he was wrong but fought anyway because he knew he was always able to get away with it before.

Did you see the start of video? No which i state. And if you fight or resist bite so so forth yes you should be beat.
You are a risk right off the start period don't even start. The risks today are so high on being an idiot.
That is the problem with people they think if they hit or bite nobody can do anything to you.
Do not resist period. If needed follow orders and take it to court.
You hear the cop yelling he bit me. You ignore that and only hear see what you want. That is a problem.

My argument is from cali law.

Last edited:

CarpeNoctem

He wasn't beaten for not showing ID, he was subdued for resisting arrest and assaulting the cops. Big difference. Your supposition that it doesn't happen to white people is utter BS. You go sit outside some bars and watch cops arrest white guys that try to square off with them. They go to jail with lumps too!

I find it crazy that someone thinks that any crime results in being killed by a mob in the streets. Oh wait, are we talking about Chicago?

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Sensationalist writings accusing the police & Glorifying Criminals cause THIS !

If the Police can not do their jobs.
The Citizens Will !
Screenshot_2020-09-15-12-14-09.png

I will crack Lyft hacks

And if you fight or resist bite so so forth yes you should be beat.
I mentioned before the issue of proper training for officers in resisting arrest situations.

Obviously it is a training issue as well as a mentality issue.

You are offering the mentality that officers should engage in personal beat downs as punishment for the crime of resisting arrest.

What is a taser for then?

When a wild animal runs away from the zoo, does it get shot with real bullets or get beat down? Or is there a protocol To tranquilize without harm?

All I’m saying is police should have protocols equal to or above protocols dealing with wild dogs and mountain lions.

We don’t hurt animals, we tranquilizer or tase to capture.

All I want is to treat human life as we treat a wild dogs life.

ohnos

I mentioned before the issue of proper training for officers in resisting arrest situations.

Obviously it is a training issue as well as a mentality issue.

You are offering the mentality that officers should engage in personal beat downs as punishment for the crime of resisting arrest.

What is a taser for then?

When a wild animal runs away from the zoo, does it get shot with real bullets or get beat down? Or is there a protocol To tranquilize without harm?

All I’m saying is police should have protocols equal to or above protocols dealing with wild dogs and mountain lions.

We don’t hurt animals, we tranquilizer or tase to capture.

All I want is to treat human life as we treat a wild dogs life.

That does not allow you as a citizen to resist or fight or bite. A risk to people is a risk period.

Wildgoose

Have you guys ever thought of having a high pitch nonstop screaming yelling woman around you while being arrested would cause you got more punches by cops????
I always feel this.

Diamondraider

Looks like this was not during a Lyft ride.

I have read elsewhere that in Georgia, nobody is obligated to show ID unless performing an act requiring a license or ID. A passenger does not need to show ID, so there is no justification for anything that took place subsequently. Cops pull over black people all the time for ordinary infractions, like a taillight out, and it ends up like this. Cop was fired already.

Arrest? What arrest? For failing to produce an ID? For a breaklight out? You must have earned a beating like this more than once in your life if that's the bar you set. I hope you never have kids.
Hypothetically, the pax may have been angry the cops pulled the driver over. If told to be silent and pax does not comply, they will be detained, and possibly even arrested. Situations like this escalate quickly. Everyone is a stranger to the officer that approaches the vehicle. Strangers that are adversarial will put the most patient of us on alert status.
This is the process the media has stopped explaining. Everything is a now a story of a loose cannon cop hurting or killing a saintly citizen. Rarely are events ever that clear.

cali is burning and not from fires and going to crap due to the laws they don't protect law abiding people. and If pulled over in cali driving you have to have a valid ID. read here.

It’s important to note here that if you do exercise your right to refuse to show your ID, an officer might arrest you. It would be a wrongful arrest, but it would be an arrest. (And for some, the arrest may carry immigration consequences.) That said, if it happens to you, consider calling the ACLU. In California, as long as the request for ID is not reasonably related to the scope of the stop, you have the right to refuse to show your ID to law enforcement except in the following cases:

Hmmmm....CA immigration consequences AKA housing assistance, welfare, free healthcare

Hmmmm....CA immigration consequences AKA housing assistance, welfare, free healthcare
Cop had zero reason to id the occupants! If I was a pax and an officer pulled my driver over and requested MY id, I’d say @@@@ off!
let us know what jail you land in....UP.net will set of a GoFundMe for you canteen account

Last edited:

somedriverguy

I dont fight cops in the street.
I dont get extra Charges.
I take it to Court.
Let the Law Decide.
I use my Rights.

I dont run or make an arrest a filmable event.
You do need to object to an officer attempting to abbrogate your rights in order to have a case. You should stop once your objection has been noted, somewhere beforenthe beating commences. The payout might be less but being able to walk and breathe after the court case is over is a big plus.

Elvis travels

Haven't seen any talk on UP about this incident in Georgia a couple days ago. Apparently a Lyft driver was pulled over and the pax refused to show ID, so the deputies beat him unconscious.

He needed a beat down

They said on the today show he was being held on outstanding warrants.
I dont wanna goto jail either but
Dont do the crime if you cant do the time. Dont do it !!!
This holds true for robert blake too....
You're showing your age.