A passenger in a Lyft brutality mauled and beaten by police in Clayton County, Ga.

tohunt4me

Haven't seen any talk on UP about this incident in Georgia a couple days ago. Apparently a Lyft driver was pulled over and the pax refused to show ID, so the deputies beat him unconscious.

Wheres a written article on this ?
What are the Circumstances ?

Took all that time to get handcuffs on the guy.

He was Resisting Arrest till the end.

What did resisting arrest, failure to comply, accomplish ?

This.
Post automatically merged:

Well the guy is still fighting the officer...
EXACTLY !

( HE IS SPESHUL= RULES DONT APPLY)

NEWS FLASH- " GANGSTER RAP" AINT REALITY !

QUIT TRYING TO LIVE IT !

Last edited:

EastBayRides

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like this was not during a Lyft ride.

I have read elsewhere that in Georgia, nobody is obligated to show ID unless performing an act requiring a license or ID. A passenger does not need to show ID, so there is no justification for anything that took place subsequently. Cops pull over black people all the time for ordinary infractions, like a taillight out, and it ends up like this. Cop was fired already.

Wheres a written article on this ?
What are the Circumstances ?

Took all that time to get handcuffs on the guy.

He was Resisting Arrest till the end.

What did resisting arrest, failure to comply, accomplish ?

This.

EXACTLY !

( HE IS SPESHUL= RULES DONT APPLY)
Arrest? What arrest? For failing to produce an ID? For a breaklight out? You must have earned a beating like this more than once in your life if that's the bar you set. I hope you never have kids.

tohunt4me

Looks like this was not during a Lyft ride.

I have read elsewhere that in Georgia, nobody is obligated to show ID unless performing an act requiring a license or ID. A passenger does not need to show ID, so there is no justification for anything that took place subsequently. Cops pull over black people all the time for ordinary infractions, like a taillight out, and it ends up like this. Cop was fired already.
I see no mention anywhere of what initiated all of this.
Only a video.
So we do not know what happened
Nothing is Substantiated.

EastBayRides

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well the guy is still fighting the officer...
Let's wait to see what the cop's bodycam or dashcam shows between the traffic stop and the beating. For a second car to be on the scene at the start of this clip indicates this confrontation had been taking place for a while already.

The cop was terminated immediately, so there clearly was a problem in the cop's behavior. Cellphones are finally bringing these animals to account.

I see no mention anywhere of what initiated all of this.
Only a video.
So we do not know what happened
Nothing is Substantiated.
The actions of the cop speak for themselves. One's brain may draw different conclusions of what the eyes see.

tohunt4me

For all to know my job is in Clayton county near an area called Forest Park. The police in the area are very quick to pull you over and has a reputation for being aggressive.

They mostly just want to give you a ticket for revenue or they are looking for someone.
COPS DONT OPERATE LIKE THAT WHERE I LIVE.

SHERRIFF TOLD D.A. TO KISS OFF.
HIS MEN HAD BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN TO PAY OFF DISTRICT ATTORNEYS ILLEGAL UNCONSTITUTIONAL EXCESS SPENDING.

NO " REVENUE" FOR VIOLATING VOTER APPOINTED BUDGET !

THAT " REVENUE RACKET" IS A SHAKEDOWN !

TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION.

A FORM OF EXTORTION.

( Government has a way of punishing voters for not renewing millage taxes ! Extortion.
" Revenue "Shakedown Schemes are one of the Methods.)
( Police SHOULDNT HAVE TO BE BAG MEN FOR THE CRIME ORGANIZATION CALLED " GOVERNMENT")

I GREW UP IN 2 OF THE CROOKEDEST PARISHES( COUNTY) IN LOUISIANA !
IN THE MIDDLE OF AN OILFIELD BOOM ( GOLD RUSH)
WILD WILD WEST !

I KNOW POLITICAL CORRUPTION.

Last edited:

25rides7daysaweek

It looked to me like the passenger was resisting arrest and was combative. Granted he should of never of been asked out of the car but somehow this whole thing went south.
They said on the today show he was being held on outstanding warrants.
I dont wanna goto jail either but
Dont do the crime if you cant do the time. Dont do it !!!
This holds true for robert blake too....

Wildgoose

When are these folks gona learn, don't fight the police, they will hurt you.
This is 2nd chapter to be learned. There is very first chapter these folks need to learn is to abide by traffic laws. Just don't invite police's attention to get pulled over in the first place.
Never seen a male black driver had made fully stopped at the intersection with a stop sign. Driving with speed in 25 mph zone, Double parking in street (Park cars in the middle of street) , never fix physically broken tail lights, no head light ON while dark.
Why is so hard to avoid doing these invitation things especially when you have drugs in your car.

Last edited:

ohnos

Haven't seen any talk on UP about this incident in Georgia a couple days ago. Apparently a Lyft driver was pulled over and the pax refused to show ID, so the deputies beat him unconscious.

We don't know the whole story. Police could have had a report of an incident or wrong doing.
If they ask for id during an investigation you have to show an ID period. It's the law.
Do not think you can't get away with not providing an ID during a traffic stop.
Even if you think you are right show the ID.
If you fail and fight this might happen.
moral of the story is if you did nothing wrong show id and not create the issue.
If you know you are wrong do not fight or resist. If you look like a freak out you create a problem.
The people around freaking out for sure made it all worse. Don't freak out don't be an idiot.

Last edited:

Gone_in_60_seconds

Extremely risky job being a policeman. Between getting shot or shanked, now you have to worry about getting infected with Covid 19. As you can see, the cop is not wearing a mask.

UberBastid

If they ask for id during an investigation you have to show an ID period. It's the law.
Do not think you can't get away with not providing an ID during a traffic stop.
Even if you think you are right show the ID.
Every state is different.
In Cali I don't have to actually SHOW ID if asked, but I do have to ID myself.
If I say, "My name is _______ and I reside at __________." I have ID'd myself.
I have found, that if asked, the easiest way to ID myself is to give the cop my DL - but, I don't have to.

Once I got pulled over and did NOT have my DL on me. Rarely happens, but it happened. I just told the cop that I didn't have the DL with me (sorry), but that I did know my DL number. He took that, and the registration and believed my identification. Cited me for not having a DL in possession while operating a vehicle; and not for what he pulled me over for (a moving violation.) Good deal.