joebo1963

See attached and included in $8 was a $1.50 pool cancel

Attachments

• IMG_4573.PNG
    IMG_4573.PNG
    65.8 KB · Views: 118

Tahoe_Jonn

IMG_5273.JPG
Hey your lucky ! I've been the Fll/Mia airport and check out all I made ! ..... -$34.43 for fuel . Driving on Xl/LUX/SUV .

Last edited:

joebo1963

I'm X, and today only 2 X rides all day, a $4.95 a $2.47 and the $1.50 when I waited for a pool cancel...just nothing on Uber....

JimKE

I belive Uber is losing riders too......going over to Lyft....anyone else think so?
No, I think people have more important things on their minds -- like getting power back, getting kids back to school, work, food, etc.

What we should be concerned about is getting the community fully restored and Miami fully open for business. When that happens, rides will come.

Tahoe_Jonn

No, I think people have more important things on their minds -- like getting power back, getting kids back to school, work, food, etc.

What we should be concerned about is getting the community fully restored and Miami fully open for business. When that happens, rides will come.
You must drive Uber part time , some of us need to get paid .

GaryWinFlorida

It's the cell service. Still very spotty. I was getting nothing last night and then realized my acceptance rate went from 92 to 48 ... I wasn't seeing the pings.

JimKE

You must drive Uber part time , some of us need to get paid .
Yes, I do drive part time. I'm specifically NOT driving right now in order to give the full-timers better opportunities because I understand the difference between a side hustle and needing to pay the FPL bill.

But I was talking about why there might not be too many PAX out there right now.

We're early in recovery mode. People aren't doing things they would normally Uber for.

JSM0713

This is a slow time anyway..... However, considering the storm, it's even worse. I'm down over 50% from this time last year....

joebo1963

no doubt demand is down due to Irma....all the beach areas are slow.....there was water damage in a lot of hotels, water came in through the windows and doors from the high wind...had a guy from Texas doing "remediation" to dry out the water in some of the hotels on Fort Lauderdale beach....he said they be back online this week....

couple the low demand with thousands more venezuelans driving than a year ago and we have no surge and longer waits for rides....

makes_sense

Uber has too many drivers. Hopefully more and more will just bail and give up and then it will reach a better balance.
Drivers have been hoping that for years but still here we are hoping.

Uber is dead lately, everyone is using Lyft. I get all my pings from Lyft
Lyft has taken market share people read the news.

Yes, I do drive part time. I'm specifically NOT driving right now in order to give the full-timers better opportunities because I understand the difference between a side hustle and needing to pay the FPL bill.

But I was talking about why there might not be too many PAX out there right now.

We're early in recovery mode. People aren't doing things they would normally Uber for.
Drivers bought brand new cars for more than a side hustle and that bottom line is Killing them.

joebo1963

The situation in south Florida is bad for drivers. A flood of Venezuelans is not helping. They come here get political asylum then a social security number and a drivers license. Then what? Where can they work? Bingo. A cheap used car via payments i.e. Camry or a honda or whatever and they drive uber These drivers are easy to spot you don't see these guys in newer cars.