1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

A new account equals better service

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by lilCindy, Jun 9, 2018.

1. I just learned one of the dirty little secrets of uber, and I will share it with you. Uber reserves the best service for new customers. You see, Uber is hoping to hook is many people as possible on to their service. So when someone is trying out Uber for the first time, they really roll out the red carpet.
    Unfortunately, after you have become hooked and have been using their service for a while, Uber will stop assigning Uber's to you as quickly, and will be more apt to assign lower-quality drivers to you.

I have just learned this myself by experience. I remember when I first signed up for Uber, it seems like there was always somebody readily available, and although I did not notice at the time, the drivers seemed more professional.
    Unfortunately, over time, my waiting time to get a new Uber has been getting longer and longer. There have been times I have requested in Uber and have had to wait 20 minutes, although I was located close to the metro area early in the evening. Also, it seems as if I have been getting more drivers who can barely speak English. This has been very frustrating for me, and I have been considering stop using Uber for a while.

Last month, I had to get a new phone number, and I decided to get a new Uber account so I could get a free ride. To be honest, I was very surprised to see what a difference this made. I was matched with a driver within seconds of requesting an Uber. After leaving the club, I once again was matched with another driver although it was during peak hours.
    Both drivers were young and professional. I have been getting accustomed to getting matched to the bottom of the barrel. I thought I just got lucky, however after two more times using the app, my experience was very similar.
    I dread to see my service slowly decline back to the way it was, although now I know the key to get the best service. Must we really have to get a new phone in order to get decent service? Hmmmm

george manousaridis likes this.
  2. jgiun1

jgiun1

Wish changing my driver account would increase my chances of picking up better pax.

Also when it's not busy, getting better quality non surged pax to get better earnings in the rides (+tips)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  3. Won't take long for your non tipping ass to get your ratings where they belong so you can start the process over.

T&W, Eugene73, rman954 and 30 others like this.
  4. Both drivers were young . . .

. . . ageism is just another -ism.

5. Skorpio

Skorpio

Driving:
    UberX
    OP maybe..
    You have a low rating..
    No one care to drive a PAXHOLE..
    Thats the difference..
    Soon you will be in the same situation..

6. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    Thinking lil Cindy's rep...

Is catching up with her...

Rakos
    Monkey-Medicine--68835.jpg

7. Welcome back

8. Uberest

Uberest

Driving:
    UberX
    I completely believe this to be true. Why shouldn’t uber manipulate pax and drivers using its data and algorithms?

9. That is not what I meant. In fact, the best driver I ever had was a senior citizen. I'm just saying that before getting my new account, I have really been getting the bottom of the barrel for my drivers.

10. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    You have crap for ratings, and fewer drivers are willing to pick up crap. Crappy paxholes don’t change, and soon you’ll be back to having fewer drivers willing to pick your crappy ass up.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  11. Where have you been? I don't know, i get new riders all the time. By your standards i shouldn't be driving.

What you are describing old/new account sounds like your old rating was ****ty do drivers passed and passed until you got a desperate enough driver to accept...

Or...

Its just a coincidence

12. Mista T

Mista T Author

So, lol cindy... what was your rating on your old account?

13. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Maybe the key to getting good service is trying to maintain a decent rating. Have you ever tried that?

I guess it's just as easy to get a new phone every time decent service starts to slip as well. To each their own.

14. Cklw

Cklw

Maybe scrap the rules on how to get 5 stars (how many were there, 40) and give 5 stars and a buck or 2 for sa tip will help with your ratings and reputation.

15. Cklw

Cklw

And a new account isn’t a secret, it’s the norm every where, case in point, banks, cable, and cell phone service.

george manousaridis and Mista T like this.
  16. Maintaining a specific rating wasn't her point. Her point, and I've seen this as a driver (I think) is UBER starts you off on a higher tier of service before dropping you back into the chlorine heavy public pool.

17. Cklw

Cklw

Obviously this is your first encounter with cindy

18. Sounds like you're a bit anxious, xenophobic, and ageist.

19. merryon2nd

merryon2nd

Driving:
    UberXL
    Wonderful. Now she can screw the system all over again from scratch. Clear up till people give her her 3.0 star rating again through her elitist and millennial ways.
    If only it was that easy for drivers to have a bone thrown so we didn't have to listen to people just like her and could toss them out of our cars with a bigger smile.

20. Don't be ridiculous Graham,
    That's not how things are done.