1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

A Miami Uber Driver Raped a Passenger, Called It a Job 'Perk'

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Oct 12, 2018.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    https://amp/s/jezebel.com/a-miami-uber-driver-raped-a-passenger-called-it-a-job-1829710492/amp
    [​IMG]
    A 26-year-old Miami woman was allegedly raped over Labor Day weekend in 2017 by her Uber driver.

The Miami New Times reports, her assaulter, 51-year-old Fredrick Gaston, has a history of preying on drunk women in the Wynwood neighborhood and somehow “slipped through the cracks” of the app’s background checking service. He told the Miami police department that his job gets him “a lot of *****” and said sex with passengers was one of “the perks of being an Uber driver.”

The victim entered Gaston’s car with a friend; after he dropped off the woman’s friend, Gaston allegedly penetrated the victim with his fingers. He later stopped the car and raped her. The New Times reports: “The woman would later tell detectives she was too terrified and intoxicated to stop him. She feared he had a gun and would harm her if she resisted.”

When he dropped her off at her apartment, she saw a neighbor entering the building, told him about the assault and asked him to call the police. When the police arrived, she was crying and repeating, “I’ve been raped.” When police questioned Gaston a month later, he told them, “We had sex, and it was good sex.”

Uber has a long history of unregulated sexual violence—in 2016, the company dismissed thousands of rape customer support tickets by dubbing them typos. For years, women across the country have accused their Uber drivers of sexual abuse and rape, in some cases, kidnapping, to little avail.

Gaston is currently in jail on a felony charge of sexual battery on a physically incapacitated victim and will stand trial October 29.

MalikBrother and tohunt4me like this.
  2. What a Low Life !

3. Now he can have" Perks" in prison.
    May they pass him around in the shower like a nasty sponge.

Zap, New2This, MalikBrother and 3 others like this.
  4. “Slipped through the cracks” rofl. He probably passed with flying colors. Have a pulse? Drive for boober!

x100, J. Xephon, just_me and 8 others like this.
  5. Only cracks that will be " Slipped Trough" are His !
    Prison : 38 types of oils, gels, baslms, lubes available. 0 condoms.

He will feel a Lot Of Slipping . . .
    It will All be Behind him soon . . .

x100 and Pax Collector like this.
  6. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Do you think whenever uber gets complaints like this they just restart the computer and unplug it and plug it back in and Hope the rape problems go away?

Jagger51, tohunt4me, New2This and 3 others like this.
  7. " Lost in Translation"
    Supposibly over 600 rape accusations were mislabled.

Ride Accusations

8. JimKE

JimKE

Do stories from MORE THAN A YEAR AGO still count as "News?"

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. Evidence of change to prevent reoccurance ?

10. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Why did it take a month to question him? How long did it take to find him? The woman has his license plate.

I like the " somehow "slipped through the cracks" of the app's background checking service."

New2This and tohunt4me like this.
  11. He was a SERIAL OFFENDER !
    Bragged !
    Considered rape a " PERK".

Talk about putting the WOLF IN THE HEN HOUSE !

12. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

this story is about as real as me winning the powerball

13. I think you're giving them far too much credit. I think they just set it up so all the complaints go in the spam box.

b/c it never gets old....

14. I wonder if the Panic Button would have prevented this.

Nope, probably not.

Fingerprinting, maybe. Accountability at corporate, maybe.

Who knows, once they do the IPO it won't matter, will it?

just_me, New2This and tohunt4me like this.
  15. I have POSTED this before and I'll POST it again, GO TO SF HQ OF UBER AND SEE WHAT THEY HIRE FOR MANAGEMENT AND IT, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY SEXUAL ASSAULT IS ACCEPTABLE BY UBER.

tohunt4me likes this.
  16. mbd

mbd

I will bet you this happens 10 fold... most of the females too ashamed to talk about it or they are too drunk to remember

Waymo- will take care of this problem
    All the clubs use Waymo

17. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Here he is in all his glory
    [​IMG]
    Fredrick Gaston's booking photos
    Miami-Dade County Department of Corrections
    Congrats Fredrick you’ve made the UberPeoples hall of drivers shame!

tohunt4me and mrpjfresh like this.
  18. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh

Driving:
    UberX
    Apparently, Fredrick was off-app that night and was cruising for highly intoxicated women to take home. The victim was so drunk she initially got into the back of a police cruiser and laid down leading her to initially think a policeman had raped her. This is one reason it took the police so long to interview him. In fact, it is a minor miracle they managed to find him at all. Still, so much for a swift trial (starts this month).

This whole story is a rather weird one however. The driver was shrewd enough to prey on drunk women while working as a gypsy Uber to avoid detection yet waived his Miranda rights and openly bragged to police about all the p* he was getting driving Uber and how great the sex was with the victim. Doesn't really add up unless it was just total arrogance or even mental illness. Will be interested to see how this shakes out. Without a good lawyer, he probably goes to prison but the prosecutor did take their time getting the case in order.

Looks like OJ's bloated cousin from pulledclear's avatar. Great work, Fredrick. You're going places! (Straight to prison)

BurgerTiime, 1.5xorbust and tohunt4me like this.
  19. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

1793777B-2241-48D5-BD70-CF5ED637BD71.jpeg

20. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Doesn’t sound like a conviction will be too difficult based on the statement he gave the po po unless they forgot to read him his Miranda rights.

tohunt4me likes this.