1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

A message from new President of Ridesharing,Jeff Jones

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by CarterPeerless, Nov 14, 2016.

1. mikes424

mikes424 Well-Known Member

"Now through the end of the year the larger Uber team and I will continue to meet with drivers to understand what’s most important to you."

Can anyone on this forum confirm they actually talked to Jeff Jones?

2. JakeZ

JakeZ Member

It's not a Zen, respect thing., that's complete nonsense.. It's about the lack of compensation, the total using of the people that actually DRIVE the company and pay your huge salary.

3. JakeZ

JakeZ Member

If it's even real, he sounds like a juvenile, mediocre , totally out of touch college kid at best. It must be a fake. Please tell me it's fake. No way is this clown for real.

4. JakeZ

JakeZ Member

what a bunch of nonsense, "we know you want more respect" or however that idiot said it. Show the respect with pay, show the money.

Lowestformofwit likes this.
  5. Navy Vet

Navy Vet Member

Are you sure it isn't 7 figures?

Goobering101 likes this.

6. Stan07

Stan07 Well-Known Member

What do i know? I make 87 cents per mile!

7. Navy Vet

Navy Vet Member

This is nonsense! First off I don't believe there is anyone in Pittsburgh making $724 a week driving let alone avg. Once in a while some might make that on commission hiring more people to take OUR rides! Imagine they have you hiring people to flood the market. that's why they don't really care about us because they always have 2 people waiting to take your place! I would NEVER recruit someone to drive. Imagine for $200 I'm going to get someone to take rides away from me! That must make Uber chuckle!

8. Deoxlar

Deoxlar Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    He came up with badges of compliments after his little experiment. It really shows that him driving for uber is like playing a video game. Not a care in the world how much an hour he is making, only fare for fake badges and compliments that don't put food on the table.

9. Karl Marx

Karl Marx Well-Known Member

The 'invisible hand' left to its' own device, as Uber sits now. Will eventually seek a rent price for driver time and expenses of between 5 to 6 an hour and if the American service economy collapses more likely less.

Uber exists in a regulatory vacuum as a result of runaway Neoliberalism.

https://paularbair.wordpress.com/2016/11/15/trump-and-the-autumn-of-democracy/

Stan07 and Mountainsoloist like this.
  10. TBone

TBone Well-Known Member

I just want the app to send me to the correct pickup address. I've sat in so many wrong driveways that I no longer use them.
    Also, raise rates and/or provide tipping.

11. UberCity

UberCity New Member

They Are not going to raise rates to piss off the riders, they will go with incentives Model/Guarantees...Get use to it !! UBer / Lyft are always in R&D mode and they are finding out very quickly how far they can go with drivers and will tweak the model to suite. They Will not raise rates substantially. I will bet $1000 on that !!

Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  12. Teksaz

Teksaz Well-Known Member

Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon to figure out, they can't continue to give out Bonuses, Incentives, and Guarantees just to get the drivers to drive. As I said in my original post, raising the rates would stop all this BS nonsense.

At some point Goober has to start making money but continuing on this path, it's game over.

13. Mazda3

Mazda3 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Only another week to discover what he's learned and to see what action Uber's going to take to make our lives better.

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued by the notion you felt this important enough to mark on your calendar for follow up. I fear however you will disappointed by his report.

I will summarize it for you: "Blah, blah, blah, status qou, Uber on!"

Patrick Swayze and tohunt4me like this.
  15. Mazda3

Mazda3 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I just feel strongly that if you say you are going to do something, you should do it.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd and tohunt4me like this.
  16. UberLaLa

UberLaLa Well-Known Member

Don't forget- Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions! Simpab

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

I feel strongly we should be paid.

UberLaLa and Teksaz like this.
  18. Mazda3

Mazda3 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I kind of noticed he didn't leave a way to do that...

Harleyfxdx1 and tohunt4me like this.
  19. Teksaz

Teksaz Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love the changes so far. Apparently they decided the drivers don't need cancellation fees after driving miles to get the steaming pile of poo and they don't show up. Wait 5, 6, or even 7min. to make sure you've done your job, cancel "rider no show" and Goober now takes a hot steaming poo on you.

I've also discovered you don't get the cancel fee after the steaming pile of poo cancels the ride AFTER 5min. of driving toward them. It's so awesome wasting the gas, mileage and time to get absolutely zilch. Goober's great. It's making Murica great again.

I can't wait to see what they come up with to make our lives better. I'm sure it will be Epic.

tohunt4me likes this.
  20. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Free Euthanization by Robots !!!

Attached Files: