1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

A message from new President of Ridesharing,Jeff Jones

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by CarterPeerless, Nov 14, 2016.

1. CarterPeerless

CarterPeerless Well-Known Member

xxxxx,

I started at Uber seven weeks ago. The first action item for me: understand your experience. I've signed up to drive and I'm learning a ton behind the wheel. But even better, I've been meeting with drivers like you all around the country. With a few trips under my belt and input from you, I'm beginning to understand what might be on your mind.

Here are some of the things I’ve heard so far:

You want driving to be stress-free
    There can be a lot to navigate when driving. Your feedback has given me many ideas on how we can make it smoother. Our teams are already working to add more choice and less stress to the driving experience—while always making the most of your time on the road.

You expect useful, timely communication

You receive lots of emails and text messages from us, but they're not always useful or timely. And on the flip side, when you reach out to us, you deserve a quick and fair response. We're reviewing all our communications to make sure you get the information you need, when you need it, and that it reflects the dedication felt by our team.

You value mutual respect

You're doing more than just driving—you're sharing your car, your space, your time, and even a bit of who you are with your passengers. We need to set clear standards for mutual respect, between riders, drivers, and Uber employees. Trust takes time and we must earn your respect. Building a healthy community will come through actions that show we care.

Now through the end of the year the larger Uber team and I will continue to meet with drivers to understand what’s most important to you. In January we’ll share what we’ve learned and let you know the actions we’ll be taking based on your feedback.

A few weeks ago I saw a great tweet from a driver in LA. He shared a video about ratings, communications, and his interactions with riders. It’s clear that there’s much we can be doing better. Listening is where we get our best ideas, because they come from you, the people using Uber every day.
    Together we can make Uber a truly great experience for drivers.
    Sincerely,

Jeff Jones
    President of Ridesharing at Uber

2. CarterPeerless

Lol, another noob driver that thinks he knows everything.

3. UberFlunky

UberFlunky Active Member

"Jim Jones
    President of Ridesharing at Uber"

Fixed it for him.

This guy should go full immersion - try paying his bills with Uber and everything else - and then email us.

4. CarterPeerless

This is exactly right. He'll never understand what it is really like, because he doesn't need to care how much he makes.

Surge? Who cares.

Waiting times? No problem.

Drive thrus? Sounds good.

Pool? The more the merrier.

Min fares? Awesome, more money for Uber.

No tips? Sweet, working as intended.

Accident? Service? Depreciation? No worries, it's a company car.

5. Kaliman

Kaliman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Flunky and Carterless: You already covered all the important points. If Uber is true to form, this guy will answer with a nice email but NOTHING will be done about your points. Uber doesn't care for its drivers, period!

6. Teksaz

Teksaz Well-Known Member

I noticed he didn't mention anything about raising the rates.

Mr. President of Ridesharing at Goober:

I don't give two poo's about mutual respect

Driving will never be non stressful, and

I couldn't careless about communicating with Goober.

Lets get to the nitty gritty.

Raise the rates and all this other BS would go away. Now lets get crackin.

Thanks JJ for reaching out.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016
  7. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

He jumped ship at Target to come to Uber, hes an out of touch fool jumping from one Titanic to the next.

uber strike, crazytown, d0n and 8 others like this.
  8. JBigotes

JBigotes Active Member

Seems to me the real message is Uber is having a hard time finding new drivers to replace drivers that are quitting. This is a good thing for drivers.

9. Karl Marx

Karl Marx Well-Known Member

Funny that Uber hired Jeff Jones as President, he comes from an organization where he wore a vest, with a Target on the back. " Isn't it ironic? " Perhaps some foreshadowing?

10. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt... if on January 1st rates go up to $2.00 a mile (still 20% less than taxis here locally) , the uber commission drops to 10% and the booking fee goes away and you start charging passengers for returning lost and or Found articles... I will give him a hand and cut up my City Beautiful Taxi permit and bow down to the Goliath Ginormo corporation and...

Feed the stars that my gracious uber customers give me every day to Stevie my magic unicorn and embrace the love of world peace as we unite hands in a global community as the Vulcans make first contact...

I will retire at the age of 50 and teach economics at Stanford and I am sure that Mr. K. will be a guest speaker about he changed the world.

Absolutely no Sarcasm... <== not even this statement

11. WestSubDriver

WestSubDriver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Platitudes are nice but its about the $$, baby! Uber has already lit the bridges on fire with UberPool and Upfront Fares (fixed fare pricing) and their lack of transparency with regards to the fare economics. The latest shoe has begun to drop in our market as incentives have been peeled back substantially in the past six weeks. Perhaps its a seasonal thing but if the assault on the drivers' bottom line continues they will get the workforce they asked for. Talk about respect, communication, blah blah are just empty words.

12. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

LMAO !!! YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.

nutzareus likes this.
  13. tohunt4me

I would PAY to watch that.
    If I save my tips for 5 months,I can afford A theater ticket.

14. darkshy77

darkshy77 Well-Known Member

No more surge bs a fare price in very us city the same 2.00 mile plus .20 a minute.... Cancel fee of 6 bucks. Airport surcharge to the driver. Min fare is $7

15. Retired Senior

Retired Senior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Here in Bridgeport Ct, where during the day the pings are commonly 20 -45 minutes apart, it is difficult to appreciate the changes that some of you drivers in much busier areas seem to be going thru. If I can get up and out by 10 AM and drive til 2 or 3 PM I'll have made about $50 - and done a considerable amount of reading while waiting for pings.

Several local University students did me the favor of explaining what next week was going to be like for them... the last day of classes before Thanksgiving, when most of them will be taking the train and the ferry back to their homes, and when they would be needing rides back to the dorms. I think I can still make my $200 - $250 next week, even though Wed, Thur and Friday may be dead.

One reason that I am so explicit is that it could well be that drivers in Chicago, Atlanta, Manhattan, San Francisco and Los Angeles actually work under a different set of rules and promotional guidelines than do drivers in the hicks like me. I only saw my first promotional Uber email last Friday, after 2 months of being an Uber driver (almost said employee. my bad!) so when I read that promotions are slowing down for guys in Chicago I get a bit confused... from my point of view they are picking up!

16. Dontmakemepullauonyou

Dontmakemepullauonyou Well-Known Member

"A few trips under my belt". So 3? Guy thinks he's a pro now. Hey guess what we all want most???? MORE MONEY RAISE THE RATES

17. tohunt4me

Uber Driver = Everyone's personal "Whipping Boy "!

Attached Files:

18. Dontmakemepullauonyou

Dontmakemepullauonyou Well-Known Member

Target doesn't even allow the Starbucks employees working inside target to accept tips. Guess tipping will never happen with this a-hole as president of blah blah blah rip off scam.

19. tohunt4me

I like the way you think !
    ( sometimes)

20. tohunt4me

It will be an Automated E mail from Sri Lanka !
    RESOLVED !
    " Hi,this is Rupee Lakh I am pleased to be assisting you. Your concerns are important to us( and our RESOLVED BONUS) here at Uber.
    We wish to thank you so much for holding market space open for our ROBOT CARS ! uber on Partner "!
    Learn & Learn quickly !
    Learn from Hillary Clinton !
    Pissed off Americans can ruin your day !

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016