A lot of new drivers in sf this week?

Aharm

Ive seen a lot of seemingly new drivers on the road this week. There are some signs i notice when i think a driver is new: uber sticker back window, driver talking to pax cheerfully (no surge), bad driving skills and/or getting confused with navigation. Ofcourse, you see a mix of these tells sometimes, and they are subtle, but still an experienced driver can pick up on them pretty easily. (Note that im definitely not a dick to them, i let them in, give them space, etc)

Anyways, it seems like there are a lot of new drivers in the city the last 2 weeks (seems like more than normal for weekday driving). Anyone got any ideas as to why there are more than normal? Some bonus(ses) im not noticing? Ive noticed a high turnover % this year. People are not quitting, but dont think many are driving when they get a bad bonus either.

steve891

There seem to be a bunch of new drivers this week. Chasing 1.1x boost and killing surge. Must be nearing the holidays already. Lol

Fuuuber

logo1.png
8335Image.png

Max Weber

I saw a tesla model x with no plates picking up a second pool rider in fron of USF yesterday lol. Middle aged lady, must be bored or something

nurburgringsf

My observations have been spot on with yours. I notice the stupidity more than anything. When i was new, I wasnt that stupid.

BiggerDog

There a lot of new people driving around that do not have clue or would even know what one looks like. Be on your guard and be careful.

Outside of the the risk, they make poor reflection of the companies involved or those of us that comply with the law.

Be on your best behavior. There is no love between law enforcement, the city, SFMTA and the TNCs right now.

Uber On.

RideShareJUNKIE

There a lot of new people driving around that do not have clue or would even know what one looks like. Be on your guard and be careful.

Outside of the the risk, they make poor reflection of the companies involved or those of us that comply with the law.

Be on your best behavior. There is no love between law enforcement, the city, SFMTA and the TNCs right now.

Uber On.

Law enforcement has love for drivers that abide by the law and are respectful. Neither of which I see most of the time with other drivers. I think they should be giving out a lot more tickets than they currently do.

SFMTA is doing what it should have been doing all along, busting idiot drivers that dont understand laws and or just dont understand english enough to understand the law.

America is one of the few countries today that has a population of immigrants that never bothered to learn english, or didnt see the need to. That is disrespectful to the stars and stripes if nothing else is.

If you want to play the game, you have at least pretend to know how the game works.

When you cut corners your just cutting yourself short. Do the right thing and at least it will show that you have some competence and understanding. Keep casually running Red lights like its a sunday drive, one of these times you will pay, hopefully just a ticket and not a serious accident. Other driver, i truly do hate you. Ill take a bicyclist or pedestrian any day over a fellow ignorant driver. Those are the drivers that you should be FIRST replaced by driverless cars. LOL. sorry for the ramble.

Ignorance is PISS. Happy motoring!