A look back at my 1st day driving!

Extraholes

The good ol' days

still don't think they get it or they think that people are that dumb. If there is no money to be made, people will not do it

Than you will only get people who cant drive and have crap cars

rideshareMN

don't have a screenshot of my first, but it was a long ride to a theater DT for three young 20-somethings dressed in bizarre outfits for the show they were going to; I had no clue how to start the ride, they had to tell me to slide the arrow on bottom of app; made something like $30 on the ride (rates were FAR better back then, and we got pickup AND destination address)

rideshareMN

had a ride yesterday where rider paid $27 and I got $12 (and that included a $2 "adjustment")...it's just disheartening to see the split go so wrong

BruiserB

My first ride in July 2015. Picked a guy up near where I live and he went to the VA Hospital where he worked and had to run inside to get something and came back out to go home. I remember being so nervous about figuring out how the app worked (especially since I had to change destination for the return trip) and worried about being polite and how I dressed and if I should open doors for people, etc. Now I just jump in the car and go without a second thought. With today’s rates I would have gotten $22.51 for this trip...so about 10% less for the trip. I do remember a lot more downtime between trips than now. Now I rarely have a pause.

AF8D47F9-594F-4E30-B8D0-F63C258987FF.jpeg

BillC

I was nervous and didn't know what to expect. She was very cute, and looked like someone I recognized, but I couldn't place the face. A few minutes after she got out, it dawned on me: She looked like the girl from the 80s move "Can't Buy Me Love".

When I dropped her off (I think it was at Honey or Gingers), I thanked her for being my first ever Uber ride and she said "Oh, you did a great job!" I did 5 more trips and suddenly realized I wasn't nervous anymore. This was after the glory days so I never had the opportunity to say "they're paying me THIS much? To just....drive?".

Attachments

Last edited:

UbeRoBo

I was nervous and didn't know what to expect. She was very cute, and looked like someone I recognized, but I couldn't place the face. A few minutes after she got out, it dawned on me: The girl from the 80s move "Can't Buy Me Love".

When I dropped her off (I think it was at Honey or Gingers), I thanked her for being my first ever Uber ride and she said "Oh, you did a great job!" I did 5 more trips and suddenly realized I wasn't nervous anymore. This was after the glory days so I never had the opportunity to say "they're paying me THIS much? To just....drive?".
Great movie! So many good quotes. "Something stinks in suburbia" She got hooked on drugs and died very young. She was a hottie. Tragic ending to her life. Wait..she died in 2015 and your ride date stamp says 2017. Must have been a look alike :p

BillC

Great movie! So many good quotes. "Something stinks in suburbia" She got hooked on drugs and died very young. She was a hottie. Tragic ending to her life. Wait..she died in 2015 and your ride date stamp says 2017. Must have been a look alike :p
Yeah, sorry. She looked like Amanda Peterson. She WAS NOT Amanda Peterson :biggrin:

(fixed it)