A long trip to Tampa that almost was!

Patrick Callahan

I picked up this guy at Starbucks near Greektown on Monday. He was going to the Budget rent a car at the airport. He told me two Uber drivers before me declined him to take him to Tampa Florida on a 2.2 surge! The total fare would have been $2,500 for him and my take would be $1,700! I don't know about you but presented with this opportunity I would definitely take it! Your thoughts?

sthriftybroke

I would have. As long as he didn't mind that I would have needed stops for gas and food, and $$ for the return trip

Glad you believe everything a pax says.... either you are an idiot or he is....either way it's no good... if you can average $23 an hour working for both Lyft and Uber you're doing fine don't leave the area

Fyi I did About $230 in 7 hours using 10 gallons on gas Sunday, but again, I know how to play both companies. After fuel, depreceaction, taxes, etc., that equates to almost $30 per hour.

sthriftybroke

Glad you believe everything a pax says.... either you are an idiot or he is....either way it's no good... if you can average $23 an hour working for both Lyft and Uber you're doing fine don't leave the area

Fyi I did About $230 in 7 hours using 10 gallons on gas Sunday, but again, I know how to play both companies. After fuel, depreceaction, taxes, etc., that equates to almost $30 per hour.
How the heck are you making that much? I'm averaging about $15 an hour.

Well....7 reasons. I know Detroit. I know where a..holes live and don't go near em.. I understand the game.. I work within that game.. Repeat I know Detroit..I own my car.. I'm the captain, not the subservient

Who as that 6 or 7? Lol

Does that make sense to you?

Kodyhead

I picked up this guy at Starbucks near Greektown on Monday. He was going to the Budget rent a car at the airport. He told me two Uber drivers before me declined him to take him to Tampa Florida on a 2.2 surge! The total fare would have been $2,500 for him and my take would be $1,700! I don't know about you but presented with this opportunity I would definitely take it! Your thoughts?

First remember that Uber has a time limit on rides, I think it is 4 hours, you will have to end trips and start a new one every couple of hours, so you will only get surge on that first ride. In addition, what if the 4 hours passes, and you arrive in an area with either no Uber, or there is some law or rule that does not allow you to operate in that area?

Lyft also caps rides as well but at a dollar amount and they do not warn you or end the trip automatically, they will just let the ride run and continue. Down here Lyft caps rides at $500

Yeah it is illegal but better to do cash

Patrick Callahan

Gee Richard glad to hear your response! Maybe we should meet sometime at Speedway!There is another term for Richard! If your smart you would know it!

First remember that Uber has a time limit on rides, I think it is 4 hours, you will have to end trips and start a new one every couple of hours, so you will only get surge on that first ride. In addition, what if the 4 hours passes, and you arrive in an area with either no Uber, or there is some law or rule that does not allow you to operate in that area?

Lyft also caps rides as well but at a dollar amount and they do not warn you or end the trip automatically, they will just let the ride run and continue. Down here Lyft caps rides at $500

Thank you!

sthriftybroke

That's really good to know, thank you! I guess in this case it would have been better to say hey give me $2k up front, you save a few hundred and I'll take you there.

Kodyhead

That's really good to know, thank you! I guess in this case it would have been better to say hey give me $2k up front, you save a few hundred and I'll take you there.

I would also recommend picking up a square reader so you can accept credit cards too, and better get half up front in the event they run off on you

Het thanks, my dad is a Dick, I just go by Rick (I guess its a generational thing). The problem with speedway lately is every time I pull in there with Ubers que system, Lyft to tells me to go pick someone up at GTC North terminal. I can't even get a piss in, lol

shirleyujest

Well....7 reasons. I know Detroit. I know where a..holes live and don't go near em.. I understand the game.. I work within that game.. Repeat I know Detroit..I own my car.. I'm the captain, not the subservient

Who as that 6 or 7? Lol

A lot of people say that they avoid driving in the City of Detroit, but sometimes you can't avoid it (driving a passenger there.) So if you're in the middle of Detroit after dropping them off, what do you do? Drive out of the city, wasting time and money?

Kodyhead

Try googling Google 4 hour time limit uber

The word MAY is in there but you can take a chance and take a long trip and when the ride ends and can't start another one and then try dealing with support, i am sure they can help you

vesolehome

Who as that 6 or 7? Lol

You're not making much sense at all. LOL! But you know Detroit. You own your car. You drive from Rochester to Commerce...something like that?