Inshur

A good insurance deal I think.

450XD

Well needed to get H&R ins as under the new regs when the vehicle gets its PHV Licence. as I missed the 27th June 2016 deadline as my check was done a week later instead. As you may remember I was having difficulty anyway in find insurance that allows my partner for SDP.

I had wild quotes for 4,600, 3,900 etc, I managed to get £2,350 fully comprehensive my partner was added on for free and no no claim bonus proof needed for a 50yr old male, 33yrs driving full licence with the extras etc.

I feel INSURETAXI did okay,

JL

babasanfur

Well needed to get H&R ins as under the new regs when the vehicle gets its PHV Licence. as I missed the 27th June 2016 deadline as my check was done a week later instead. As you may remember I was having difficulty anyway in find insurance that allows my partner for SDP.

I had wild quotes for 4,600, 3,900 etc, I managed to get £2,350 fully comprehensive my partner was added on for free and no no claim bonus proof needed for a 50yr old male, 33yrs driving full licence with the extras etc.

JL
A website or telephone number would be great

Hogster

JL
They did me a decent deal too JL

It proves how much the brokers are adding on top of the premiums from insurance companies if they can discount that much.

Brokers used to get £80 on an annual policy back about 10 or 12 years ago, so £120 would be enough now.
But I reckon they are getting at leat £600 to £1,000 out of an annual policy now
Bleeding ScamMongers:mad:

Clive

If you can always go for annual policy, 5 years ago I change to annual from fleet policy, I started with around £3000 per year to now around £750 per year.

Always keep folder in your car with photocopy of log book, pco car and driver licences, car insurance, mot. And always wear your pco badge.

If stopped just hand them the folder and I found the police always give you paper straight back without wasting any of your time.

Ali_2016

I could be wrong but I've heard headway insurance is very cheap?? They are based in Bethnal Green near to vallence road.

Has anyone had any dealings with them in the past?

D1991

JL
Was it me that told you to check out insure taxi ?

Richie99

Headway ins quite good only monthly policy though I pay£205 month but that's just third party unfourtantly I rent and with new TFL policy I will have to insure through rental company and weekly rents going up from £135 to £205 :frown:

sheikh waseem

Guys I need your advice please if possible...

My quarterly fully comprehensive insurance is about to finish very soon i.e. this week. At the moment I am with Heaven and they are charging £900 for 3 months. I dont have any no claim bonus or anything like that at the moment.

Could you guys let me know if the quote I am getting is reasonable? I personally think it is more than it should be. Also could you all kindly tell me the names of any companies that I can call or email for a quick qoute? or the names of the companies you are insured with?

Many Thanks

Richie99

Headway insurance do either one month or three month policy I have had mine monthly third party for £205 a month I have only got ncd on my personal policies not private hire so you may benefit from them

sheikh waseem

Headway insurance do either one month or three month policy I have had mine monthly third party for £205 a month I have only got ncd on my personal policies not private hire so you may benefit from them
Thx mate. I think Headway or Heaven are pretty much the same then. Also I am not looking for 3rd party. Fully comp only for my darling car.

I was hoping if more experienced partners could help by sharing their insurance deals or atleast a few company names?

At the moment I got Heaven, Headway and Insure Taxi. I will call them all today. I will appreciate if there are any other companies you could share? Thanks alot

sheikh waseem

Right...

Headway wont cover because I dont have any NCB ...Yes none wtsoever..dont ask me why..js some personal issues in the past made me sell my car each time i was about to get to NCB

Freeway said they dont cover any NEW London PCO customers at the moment...only dealing with renewals...(all U drivers scared them i guess lol)

High gear insurance is being high on something as starting from 4500 and then droppong to 3700 in two minutes...

Osborne & sons 3300

waiting for couple of more quotes...currently getting 3200 ... its going down ...

AND once again...any company names would be nice please ...Help on forums boys??

sheikh waseem

Ali I think you should check with Heaven. You might get a better deal. Also monthly insurance will not count towards NCB so it is a waste just like interest only mortgage. You never get anything in the end. :wink:

I decided to carry on with my quarterly payment for now and wait til I get NCB. Thanks for your help anyways guys...NOT :smiles:

Jahanzeb

JL
Im with them for almost 2 years now...they are best when it comes to quotes.

BMIA

For yearly deals I found insuretaxi was cheapest when I renewed in January. Quarterly policies with haven etc are 90 days and work out more expensive.