A Five Guys Fry Delivery

Ballermaris

So I am sure everyone has had those weird deliveries. I had one on Sunday that nothing but an order of Five Guys French Fries.
I took the delivery because I was going back that direction and wanted to get back into an area with more riders.

I walk into the store to make the pickup, and when presented with the delivery, I look at the clerk. "Are you serious? That's the entire order?"

"Yes sir, that is the entire order."

I carry insulated bags in the Jeep to keep things hot or cold.

Off I go.

Drive for a wee bit, and sure enough arrive at the destination.

I find the door, and the guy who ordered the French Fries.

He was so happy. "My wife she took my ride, and I had to have the Five Fries. Bless you!"

It cost him $14...

Ohhh Kay... Enjoy the fries.

Invisible

Last week, I delivered a soda to a guy in the evening, 8 min delivery. He was so happy when I arrived. He must’ve been really thirsty after smoking all the pot he reeked of.

I’ve also delivered just a coffee 12 min away, when there was a coffee shop across the street.

To some people money isn’t an issue or they don’t care about keeping their money.

ANT 7

Great thread !!!

Mrs. Ant 7 and I had dinner at 5 Guys last night actually. I looooooovvveee their Cajun spiced fries.

2 cheeseburgers and two fries with pops was $26 CAD. Never, ever, order fast food from UE or anywhere else. $14 fries.......LOL !!!

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Last week, I delivered a soda to a guy in the evening, 8 min delivery. He was so happy when I arrived. He must’ve been really thirsty after smoking all the pot he reeked of.

I’ve also delivered just a coffee 12 min away, when there was a coffee shop across the street.

To some people money isn’t an issue or they don’t care about keeping their money.
When you are REALLY high, some simple tasks (like walking to the nearest fast food joint and ordering fries) become herculean tasks. I"m amazed he was able to figure out all the correct clicks on the app.

There is a truly hilarious movie about this, made before UBER existed.

Seamus

So I am sure everyone has had those weird deliveries. I had one on Sunday that nothing but an order of Five Guys French Fries.
I took the delivery because I was going back that direction and wanted to get back into an area with more riders.

I walk into the store to make the pickup, and when presented with the delivery, I look at the clerk. "Are you serious? That's the entire order?"

"Yes sir, that is the entire order."

I carry insulated bags in the Jeep to keep things hot or cold.

Off I go.

Drive for a wee bit, and sure enough arrive at the destination.

I find the door, and the guy who ordered the French Fries.

He was so happy. "My wife she took my ride, and I had to have the Five Fries. Bless you!"

It cost him $14...

Ohhh Kay... Enjoy the fries.
I delivered a milkshake and fries once. Smh. Guy was high as a kite and said “have to feed the craving”. Uhhh ok!

janewalch

I’ve had many rides like this. Had a guy order one single - small can of Coca Cola from a pizza restaurant. 4 miles. 15 minutes. Must have cost him about 10X the price of the soda. And he was definitely walking distance to market. Oh and it was probably like 7pm. But he was INCREDIBLY stoned. So I could understand where he was coming from ...

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
When you are REALLY high, some simple tasks (like walking to the nearest fast food joint and ordering fries) become herculean tasks. I"m amazed he was able to figure out all the correct clicks on the app.

There is a truly hilarious movie about this, made before UBER existed.

Not available on Amazon. Bummer.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Not available on Amazon. Bummer.
It's probably available for streaming on Youtube for a couple bucks. But owning this is a must, as it gets much funnier with each subsequent watch. (Many people are somewhat averse to its particular strain of humour the first time, but by the 2nd or 3rd watch, they are fully in the cult of SMILEY FACE.

Irishjohn831

I delivered McDonald’s fries to a college one block away, the girl began walking up the block to meet me so it was more like half a block. It happens, fries, a coffee, a soda, a cookie