A dumbazz driver story

Mista T

Author
A friend was telling me of her horrible Uber experience yesterday. She was getting an Uber to work. The first driver farted around for 5 mins, then called her and asked her to cancel the ride, claimed his car wouldn't start. She had to get to work, so she did it. Free $$ for the driver, lol.

The second driver was taking her to work and he gets a phone call. He answers it and rambles on in some other language for about 5 minutes, then his phone died. Uh oh... he plugs it in, and tries to turn it on every 20 seconds. Meanwhile he is still driving, but he is going 15 in a 40.

My friend is concerned about getting hit from behind, but whatever. It's his car.

My friend says she could tell him where to turn. It's the same route she takes 5 days a week, so she knows the way pretty well, as well as the alternatives. He ignores her and continues to proceed at 15 mph.

The phone finally gets enough juice to turn on. Eventually the Uber app comes up and the guy freaks because he is about to miss a left turn. Without warning he jolts left and almost gets them T-boned.

My friend is having a mental heart attack and says "That car just missed us by a foot!" The guys says "We're fine." and keeps driving.

The drivers phone rings, and (naturally) he answers it. My friend is panicked and furious - what a fun combination of emotions!

Like a good pax, she kept her mouth shut.

One star and a lovely write up about it all to Uber.

As she is telling me this, all I can think about is that this is the result of lower and lower pay. Time to buy a car, sweetie. It costs more, but you'll live longer.

UberBastid

I will never forget my first Uber ride.

A middle aged Asian lady. Driving a Subaru.
From a shopping mall parking lot she's going 35 mph, over a whoopdi-do and got air, seriously. I have a hand on the ceiling of the car to keep my ass in the seat ... and while in the air goes thru a stop sign and ends up right in front of a 3/4 ton four wheel drive pickup that gets sideways trying to miss us.
It was a good thing I didn't have to pee.

I quickly said "Oh, I see a friend. I need to talk to him. Here, let me out here."

I bailed so quick ... and, yea, no tip.

Volvonaut

I’ve had a few old or foreign drivers now who weirdly all thought they’d tried using other GPS’s but by golly the app won’t let them. I show them how simple it is, they’re supposedly grateful. In each case they kept like missing every third turn then looking down awkwardly lazily like checking the directions is something you do every now and again. Their cars are almost always a bit trashed inside and out. Thanks to these guys you get passengers who actually reasonably assume you’re going to screw up these directions and can’t believe Waze knows the turns they want to take.
I got a comment from a pax that" I was a great driver, ty. Our last driver almost got us killed a few times" . I guess my question is, why would you stay in the car?
Yeah I’m always disappointed in how many people don’t realize which rights a customer has and a driver has. Both really need to be their own advocate. With customers it’s mostly entitlement that’s like complete nonsense when it’s your car. But with bad drivers it’s ridiculous a lot of people will assume they’re somehow hostage. Like they’ll be telling me their worst story ever and they never realized how effective “driver would you pull over and let me out at this gas station” could have been.

tohunt4me

A friend was telling me of her horrible Uber experience yesterday. She was getting an Uber to work. The first driver farted around for 5 mins, then called her and asked her to cancel the ride, claimed his car wouldn't start. She had to get to work, so she did it. Free $$ for the driver, lol.

The second driver was taking her to work and he gets a phone call. He answers it and rambles on in some other language for about 5 minutes, then his phone died. Uh oh... he plugs it in, and tries to turn it on every 20 seconds. Meanwhile he is still driving, but he is going 15 in a 40.

My friend is concerned about getting hit from behind, but whatever. It's his car.

My friend says she could tell him where to turn. It's the same route she takes 5 days a week, so she knows the way pretty well, as well as the alternatives. He ignores her and continues to proceed at 15 mph.

The phone finally gets enough juice to turn on. Eventually the Uber app comes up and the guy freaks because he is about to miss a left turn. Without warning he jolts left and almost gets them T-boned.

My friend is having a mental heart attack and says "That car just missed us by a foot!" The guys says "We're fine." and keeps driving.

The drivers phone rings, and (naturally) he answers it. My friend is panicked and furious - what a fun combination of emotions!

Like a good pax, she kept her mouth shut.

One star and a lovely write up about it all to Uber.

As she is telling me this, all I can think about is that this is the result of lower and lower pay. Time to buy a car, sweetie. It costs more, but you'll live longer.
This guy will kill someone someday.
Soon.