Uber Drivers Forum banner

What Would you have Done , Had You Been In My Shoes ?

• Deliver His Drugs safely To His Desired Location

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Call Toronto Police and Report The Incident

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Go offline and Turn Down The Request Politely

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Be Dumbfound and Pray For Divine Help

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Not Sure What To Do

Votes: 2 6.3%

A DrugDealer (i guess) gave me a package to deliver ..!

11K views 54 replies 27 participants last post by  Yam Digger 
#1 · (Edited)
Guys, please give me your thoughts about this situation and on what to do next time incase this happens again :
Here goes my story :
About 3 or 4 months back at around 1 am, i got a Ping, went to pick up the pax, and got this dude standing infront of his house . He didnt get into the car, but rather gave me a package in 2 huge brown envelops (one had this pungent weed smell, very very toxic, and from the feel of the envelop, it was weed. in the second one, the feeling of the envelop was like powder inside, so i dont know what that might have been. i dont do drugs so i couldnt tell. but i know of weed bcoz its a plant. Lol )

So he told me he cannot get in the car bcoz he has an infant to look after, but i should take the two envelops to the destination address that was on the uber app. then he added that he will be monitoring my progress on his phone, to see if i will make any unnecessary stops. Finally he was like "you will find so and so dressed in such and such, with bla bla looks, give these two parcels to him. he knows you are coming. "

This really scared the hell out of me , coz now here I was thinking to myself:
1. what if i accidentally got pulled over by a cruiser while having these uber parcels??? i'll be toast !
2. if i report it as a suspicious uber request and alert the cops, what will happen to me? the guy has my pic, knows my legal name, car registration and model, and the worst of it all, my phone number.
3. if i refuse to take the parcel, will he come after me on a later date ?

i decided to go with option 3. Lucky enough, i have a kill switch that i installed , that shuts the car off. its right underneath my steering but somewhat concealed. and with that switch on, the car will never start. So i pulled the switch and the car turned off after 2 sec, tried restarting the car while this cat was standing right there, but nothing. he was so mad, and said he will file a complaint at uber , that my car bla bla bla. honestly i cared less..

so he cancelled the ride and i put my car on neutral, pushed it away slowly to a distance of about 50 metres away from his vicinity, turned off the kill switch , turned off my uber app, and sped towards my home like a runaway convict

For about 2 weeks after that, i never went online, and even now, i do uber with some fear in me,

Any of you folks had such an encounter ? and what would you advice next time. ?
thanks y'all

See less See more
#4 ·
thanks alot for your advice.. i swear, after that day, i do uber with alot of panic, i dont know why. i might do only 2 to 4 days in a week, and somethines not even go online for a whole week, i dont know why. hmm ,.. SMH

Crazy story!!

Most I've had to drop off were

Chocolates
Roses
Gift basket
Box of lobsters lol
i've done food deliveries before, and also delivered flowers too, which was great. But this time around, this was an UBER-X, and the guy gives me these stuf, n adds that he is watching me . !!
Hope you get what i mean .. SMH

#7 ·
I'll do option 1. I'll even make it look like I'm an outlaw too with a wink. As soon as the drop is done, I'm telling Uber to never match me with this pax again, but I'm not telling them why. 2 weeks later, I'm anonymously calling Crime Stoppers to tell them what happened. You're probably not the only Uber driver he's used for this.

#10 · (Edited)
coming to think of it, you're absolutely right. I'm probably not the only uber driver that he has used for this little silly slinging game of his. i should have called uber and told them not to match me with the rider again, but i guess i was too shaky by then.

i however did call uber once and told them if they ever paired me with some certain passenger, i would sue uber. LOL. and i told them that im recording our conversation. these passengers got into my car, and started yelling orders at me, telling me where to drive, how to drive and demanding an aux cable, then had the guts to ask me whether i knew who they were.LOL.
I stopped the car in the middle of the road and got out, and started shouting at them to get the hell out of my car. i kicked them out, and pulled over immediately and called uber. they apologized and promised never to pair me with those as******s again. LOL.

the stuff that we go through, just to make work pleasant, at times makes me wonder if passengers put themselves in our shoes. SMH

#11 ·
Guys, please give me your thoughts about this situation and on what to do next time incase this happens again :
Here goes my story :
About 3 or 4 months back at around 1 am, i got a Ping, went to pick up the pax, and got this dude standing infront of his house . He didnt get into the car, but rather gave me a package in 2 huge brown envelops (one had this pungent weed smell, very very toxic, and from the feel of the envelop, it was weed. in the second one, the feeling of the envelop was like powder inside, so i dont know what that might have been. i dont do drugs so i couldnt tell. but i know of weed bcoz its a plant. Lol )

So he told me he cannot get in the car bcoz he has an infant to look after, but i should take the two envelops to the destination address that was on the uber app. then he added that he will be monitoring my progress on his phone, to see if i will make any unnecessary stops. Finally he was like "you will find so and so dressed in such and such, with bla bla looks, give these two parcels to him. he knows you are coming. "

This reall the shit out of me , coz now here I was thinking to myself:
1. what if i accidentally got pulled over by a cruiser while having these uber parcels??? i'll be toast !
2. if i report it as a suspicious uber request and alert the cops, what will happen to me? the guy has my pic, knows my legal name, car registration and model, and worst of it all, my phone number.

i decided to go with option 3. Lucky enough, i have a kill switch that i installed , that shuts the car off. its right underneath my steering but somewhat concealed. and with that switch on, the car will never start. So i pulled the switch and the car turned off after 2 sec, tried restarting the car while this cat was standing right there, but nothing. he was so mad, and said he will file a complaint at uber , that my car bla bla bla. honestly i cared less..

so he cancelled the ride and i put my car on neutral, pushed it away slowly to a distance of about 50 metres away from his vicinity, turned off the kill switch , turned off my uber app, and sped towards my home like a runaway convict

For about 2 weeks after that, i never went online, and even now, i do uber with some fear in me,

thanks y'all
You are definitely a bit more paranoid than you should be my friend.

If it's not something obvious like keys or clothes, flowers, let people know that you need to be aware of what's inside the package before you deliver it, If they are not OK with, they can feel more than free to get another Uber. End of story. If you decide to take sealed boxes and envelopes, you need to be OK with the fact that you will eventually be transporting a lot of illegal things like drugs, weapons and other crime related stuff.

In your case, given how obvious he made it that it's most likely drugs, I'd simply tell him that I deliver people, not things, and that I will be cancelling this trip. Doors locked (I hope you always have doors locked considering you do uber at 1am), be ready to drive off.

Regarding the privacy, he does not know your phone number unless you give it to him. Uber uses their dummy number(s) to connect the rider and the driver, both numbers are concealed this way.

So, from this point he knows how you look, what car and plate you have. What do you you think his course of action is going to be? In order to run the plate and get your address he needs to know a COP who can give this info out or has some other connections. Given the fact that he's a low life, dumb drug dealer who cannot even come up with a reasonable fake story to give to a driver so he get his (way better concealed) drugs delivered, it's unlikely he can do it. OK, let's say the %00.5 chance actually happened and he got your address. What is he going to do? Come to your house and be angry at you because you didn't want to deliver his drugs? LOL . NO, his business is drug delivery, he has very little brain, he'll be on that request an uber x button and forget about you before you know it.

I also liked that part when he told you that he'll monitor you so you don't make stops, I guess he expected you to piss and sh^t yourself as well while delivering his drugs. :DWhat an imbecile, he'll eventually get a driver who is gonna take the stuff, get paranoid/scared, call 911 while being on trip, tell them exactly what's happening and say that he was forced to take it, have the dispatcher send an undercover (or not) unit to the drop off location, as soon as they see that receiving end took the package, they'd roll up on him and make the arrest. Then use pressure and/or Uber to get them to the first guy, then use Uber driver to testify against both of them in court. Simple.

Also, may I ask what your reasoning was to install a kill switch under your steering wheel? I'm geniunely curious.

#32 · (Edited)
Great and really professional advice you got here ..! Thank You ..! i feel like my prior fears have totally plummeted to the ground .!

Answering your question, the reason why i put a killswitch, is because we have an above the ground parking where i live, and i had my honda civic stolen 5 years ago from the parking lot and was never found (insurance paid though).
so since then , any car i buy, i install the kill switch and anytime i leave the car, i turn on the switch. with the stwitch on, the car will not start even with a hotwire, and unless the thief has more than enough time to go through the wiring, i dont think he will go through all the hussle to find out why this car doesnt start. he will probably think its an endine , starter or even wiring problem and leave the car.
so thats why i have the killswitch installed.

Thanks .. :)

#13 ·
Here goes my story :

This reall the shit out of me , coz now here I was thinking to myself:
2. if i report it as a suspicious uber request and alert the cops, what will happen to me? the guy has my pic, knows my legal name, car registration and model, and worst of it all, my phone number.

thanks y'all
You need to sit down and really figure out how to grow a pair. A nice pair. A big, square, chromed pair.

Why not just cancel and claim you felt unsafe and never pair you with the customer again? Or deliver the damn package. Do you think the FedEx driver gets in trouble from police when someone ships drugs? Or Canada Post? Or UPS? The answer is no. We have two requirements for guilt in Canada: actus rhus and mens rea. Did you do the act? Yes. Did you intend to commit a crime? No. Therefore, not guilty.

#14 ·
The difference between uber and post is that we are not post lol. You get pulled over with two bags like that, have fun explaining to the cops what youre doing.
Theres two options in this scenario. Id either tell him to show me whats inside if he declines id cancel and get my no show.
Option two call the cops on his stupid a$$. Trying to use me as his mule is worse then having 20 people line up to puke in my car( if i get caught muling drugs it will 95% go on my record ), plus im doing my social service and taking off a drug dealer off of the streets.

#15 ·
Here goes my story :

This reallthe shit out of me , coz now here I was thinking to myself:

thanks y'all
Publicly shame that. Post his name/address.

Do you know his price per gram?

#30 ·
I would agree to do the delivery.

First thing I would do is not touch the envelopes more than absolutely necessary so as not to ruin any finger prints. I would then drive a few KMs away and pull over. I would take screen shots of the PAXs name, pick-up & drop-off address, and trip ID number. I would then cancel the trip, turn off my GPS, and drive another KM into a populated area. I would then proceed to call the police non-emergency and wait for officers to meet me. I would hand over the suspected drugs to police and then e-mail them the screenshots I took. I would provide the officers with my personal information in case follow-up was necessary and then move on with my day.

#31 ·
Toss the coke/pills (major charges), stash the weed at your place (that was your tip).

Enjoy!

Seriously though, be aware pax can get your phone number. They do this by calling the Uber dummy line and when the call goes to voicemail your answering service repeats your phone number (You have reached four-one-six...).

Now pax has your number forever.

#33 ·
Here goes my story :

This really fckucked the shit out of me , coz now here I was thinking to myself:

thanks y'all
Take the package. Siphon off 90% of it into a ziplock. Drop ziplock a block away into a safe zone to recover later. Call police and report to uber. Boom you just made 5 grand.

#37 ·
I would agree to do the delivery.

First thing I would do is not touch the envelopes more than absolutely necessary so as not to ruin any finger prints. I would then drive a few KMs away and pull over. I would take screen shots of the PAXs name, pick-up & drop-off address, and trip ID number. I would then cancel the trip, turn off my GPS, and drive another KM into a populated area. I would then proceed to call the police non-emergency and wait for officers to meet me. I would hand over the suspected drugs to police and then e-mail them the screenshots I took. I would provide the officers with my personal information in case follow-up was necessary and then move on with my day.
Your big mistake here is that both the cops AND the dealer know who you are. The dealer might not know your full name and address but he does know your picture, car type and plate number. If he's got some crooked friend working for MTO or the police, getting your address will be a breeze.

Your second mistake is to think the cops won't finger you as well as the dealer for calling them. Even if your defence lawyer gets you off as an accomplice to crime, you would still find yourself getting dragged through the justice system. The sad reality is that cops and Crown Prosecutors are more interested in racking up incarceration counts than perusing justice.

Which is why in my suggestion you go about snitching as anonymously as you can and Uber on.

Reactions: Annunaki
#38 ·
Out of over 2700 trips ive done, ive had maybe 5 deliveries and i always ask if i can see whats in the package as per uber policy, last part is probably bs haha. If they say they cant show cause of some excuse like its sealed or something, then i politely decline.
This is exactly what I do. I love packages.

Op..

The whole kill switch and pushing the car... way overboard. Just drive away.

#40 ·
Your our second mistake is to think the cops won't finger you as well as the dealer for calling them. Even if your defence lawyer gets you off as an accomplice to crime, you would still find yourself getting dragged through the justice system. The sad reality is that cops and Crown Prosecutors are more interested in racking up incarceration counts than perusing justice.
You obviously have a negative opinion of the criminal justice system. It isn't perfect but you would not be prosecuted for turning in drugs and a potential dealer. It is ridiculous that you'd even say that. You can't be convicted of a crime if you didn't commit one.

As for this drug dealer finding you via MTO... I guess it's tech locally possible but you've got higher opinion of criminals than you should (most are dumb AF). Unless the dealer you turned in has a connection to the mafia, they're never finding you again.

#42 ·
"Sorry man.... My brother is a cop and he tells me to never take packages unless I know what's in them".

At that point, the "dealer" either opens the package and shows you the innocuous items contained and you deliver them, or he says nope.... Not opening the package and he cancels the ride.

And no.... He wouldn't "snuff you" because you said your brother was a cop.

#43 · (Edited)
"Sorry man.... My brother is a cop and he tells me to never take packages unless I know what's in them".

At that point, the "dealer" either opens the package and shows you the innocuous items contained and you deliver them, or he says nope.... Not opening the package and he cancels the ride.

And no.... He wouldn't "snuff you" because you said your brother was a cop.
I say take package to the police station and have them throw low life scumbag in the slammer

#44 · (Edited)
Your big mistake here is that both the cops AND the dealer know who you are. The dealer might not know your full name and address but he does know your picture, car type and plate number. If he's got some crooked friend working for MTO or the police, getting your address will be a breeze.

Your second mistake is to think the cops won't finger you as well as the dealer for calling them. Even if your defence lawyer gets you off as an accomplice to crime, you would still find yourself getting dragged through the justice system. The sad reality is that cops and Crown Prosecutors are more interested in racking up incarceration counts than perusing justice.

Which is why in my suggestion you go about snitching as anonymously as you can and Uber on.
The education and licensing procedure for getting an 'A' CDL changed last year because too many Indian and Pakistani immigrant drivers had friends working in the MTO and were getting complete UNQUALIFIED POTATOES licenses to drive class-8 trucks on our roads. This is one of the reasons you see so many people dying in traffic from transport truck crashes these days. Much harder and much more expensive to get an A license now thank gawd.

If anyone thinks criminals or associated individuals to gangs aren't working in the MTO I have some land in the Everglades you will be interested in. Cheap!

I could tell a thousand nonfiction, real-life stories related to this issue. Read the book Mafia Assassin by Cecil kerby...I got relatives in there.

The bottom
line is this: you and your family are much better off in the long run to mind your own f-ing business.

Don't be a rat. It's bad for your health.

#47 · (Edited)
Gotta be a pretty lazy dealer, not to mention a complete dumbass, to send his drugs unaccompanied via a total stranger. And he uses his home address as the pickup location, smh. With someone this lazy I wouldn't worry at all about repercussions for just taking his stash and driving off. On top of that, one phone call and a gang of young thugs would be more than willing to jack his place for 50%. The best dealers I know were always the safest with their transactions (one guy I grew up with started when we were 13y/o, people used to knock on him for being super safe, but he slowly expanded and he's never been caught). This loser of a dealer won't last long putting his faith in Uber drivers to make his deliveries, and he'll get what he deserves sooner or later. If I'm his next mule it'll be the former.

Reactions: Uberchampion
#48 ·
In the scenario posted, the driver would have a rock solid defense.

I found about an ounce of crack once and turned it into police. You know what I happened? The constable shook my shake and thanked me. I had a follow-up call with a detective a few days later with some clarifying questions and never heard from them again.

This isn't the movies. The drug dealer isn't gonna call his "friend" in the RCMP or hire a hacker that can get into the MTO data base and immediately have access to the drivers name and address.

The system used to look up license plates tracks everything and staff with log-in credentials need to be able to justify the reason for accessing a personal record. You think many government workers are willing to lose their 100k/yr job and risk being arrested for a $100 kickback from a drug dealer? I think you're the one that is naive and possibly wearing a tinfoil hat.

I'll take my chances and turn scumbag criminals in. Things will never get better until we start holding these pricks accountable for their actions.
100k/yr for mto clerk?!?!? You're dillisional dude. Right out to lunch with no credibility.

Carry-on. Good luck Rambo. No, Sargent Stadanko lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.