A double whammy for SF traffic next week

Strange Fruit

They forgot about Taylor from Ellis-O'Farrell. Googlemaps forgot it last couple years too. Last year they showed it as closed the following week. In LA, when there was a major road closure once, the papers were calling it carmageddon. I praise Bay area ABC for not resorting to biblical hyperbolous hybrid words. I know I would never do that.

Uberdancer

...it's Friday ... it's Saturday ... it's Sunday ... it's San Francisco ... who coulda thunk it? ...

Last edited:

dnlbaboof

they should have a dedicated dropoff zone i hope for both events, unlike giants stadium which has nothing

Strange Fruit

Those jets are evil and should be shot down. We don't need the palace royalty showing off their glorious martial might. We know they are the destroyers of humanity. They don't need to come here making the @@@@ing buildings shake while we're in them, or for those of us with functional nervous systems, shattering our sense of well being. I don't know why they have the right to do that. Maybe not many people in SF have functional nervous systems so it doesn't bother them.

they should have a dedicated dropoff zone i hope for both events, unlike giants stadium which has nothing
Giants dropoff is at 2nd and Bryant or Brannan. Or 4th and Brannan. Or Townsend and 5th. Or Embarcadero and Brannan or Townsend. Lots of dropoffs. If ur on King st, ur part of the problem. Moscone has a complete pull off the road section. It will have slower than walking traffic the preceding two blocks. Or, in other words, no thanks Moscone pings.

dnlbaboof

Those jets are evil and should be shot down. We don't need the palace royalty showing off their glorious martial might. We know they are the destroyers of humanity. They don't need to come here making the &%[email protected]!*ing buildings shake while we're in them, or for those of us with functional nervous systems, shattering our sense of well being. I don't know why they have the right to do that. Maybe not many people in SF have functional nervous systems so it doesn't bother them.

Giants dropoff is at 2nd and Bryant or Brannan. Or 4th and Brannan. Or Townsend and 5th. Or Embarcadero and Brannan or Townsend. Lots of dropoffs. If ur on King st, ur part of the problem. Moscone has a complete pull off the road section. It will have slower than walking traffic the preceding two blocks. Or, in other words, no thanks Moscone pings.
do riders get offended if they have to walk a couple blocks to giants stadium??? do they get mad?

Misunderstood Pirate

again close is too vauge. I would like a whitezone dedicated dropoff area like stanford stadium has, NOW!!!!
It’s in a city. Most Uber drivers Can’t even figure out how to drop off or pick up at Caltrain. If you don’t know where to drop off near AT&T , You might want to go back to Sacramento or Fresno. It’s not that hard

dnlbaboof

It’s in a city. Most Uber drivers Can’t even figure out how to drop off or pick up at Caltrain. If you don’t know where to drop off near AT&T , You might want to go back to Sacramento or Fresno. It’s not that hard

You might want to get a little more outgoing and not be so boring.

Misunderstood Pirate

Like I figured Sacramento people LOL. Whatever you do do not stop on King Street in front of the ballpark. So many idiot Uber drivers do this and it blocks traffic

Strange Fruit

do riders get offended if they have to walk a couple blocks to giants stadium??? do they get mad?
I don't ask. If u appeal to people like you want to be spoken to tho, they're usually reasonable. Don't believe the "all pax are...." forum hype. Why would they want to sit in a car for another ten minutes when they could walk the rest in less time? It's game day for them. They aren't that uptight. And what happens if they're angry? They aren't in the car anymore, so they become like the other 400 million angry people on earth at any given time.

again close is too vauge. I would like a whitezone dedicated dropoff area like stanford stadium has, NOW!!!!
No u don't. Then u lose the "there's no laoding zone" excuse. U don't wamt to go to King St anyways. Maybe a job that requires thinking is not for you. But if it is, this is the time to do it. It makes the job more interesting when u have little challenges to solve now & then.

TheWanderer

The problem with a designated pick up drop off at giants stadium would be getting there and getting out.
I drop off people before I hit that traffic. The designated pick up drop offs are too close to an area where you do not want to go.

It is not difficult if you know what you are doing. If you get a request at 180 new Montgomery at 2.5x and you can get a 2x at caltrain, I would rather take that 2x any day considering how much faster you can get to caltrain and get out.
Ignore request where you know it will take 7+ minutes to get to them and 5+ minutes just to travel 3 blocks getting out of traffic.

nurburgringsf

Ur job is so hard. And the feminists will be harrassing. And the Isis lookin drivers. It's difficult man. The stress.
This past week I was blushing when I had some passengers from the south (Arkansas and Tennessee). Blushing from their politeness because that is so rare in SF. I've driven over 17000 trips on both the Uber and Lyft platform for the past couple of years so blushing is pretty damn hard for a seasoned rideshare guy like myself, it felt like my first day. Anyways, southern conservatives are by far, astronomically speaking, way more decent people than the typical SF hypocritical closet racist liberal. I'm willing to put my life on the line for this statement and I'll fight to the bitter end to whoever wants to prove me wrong. Go to hell SF and all the people who think that this is the best city in the world just because it is economically speaking, the most well off. I'll fight any one politically, philosophically, or physically. My past couple years was not a lie.

Last edited:

TheWanderer

This past week I was blushing when I had some passengers from the south (Arkansas and Tennessee). Blushing from their politeness because that is so rare in SF. I've driven over 17000 trips on both the Uber and Lyft platform for the past couple of years so blushing is pretty damn hard for a seasoned rideshare guy like myself, it felt like my first day. Anyways, southern conservatives are by far, astronomically speaking, way more decent people than the typical SF hypocritical closet racist liberal. I'm willing to put my life on the line for this statement and I'll fight to the bitter end to whoever wants to prove me wrong. Go to hell SF and all the people who think that this is the best city in the world just because it is economically speaking, the most well off. I'll fight any one politically, philosophically, or physically. My past couple years was not a lie.
Because of this gig I have similar views about the people here. A lot of them claim to be liberal but they do hypocritical things.

Uberdancer

Because of this gig I have similar views about the people here. A lot of them claim to be liberal but they do hypocritical things.

... more than likely, like most drivers and riders, they are transplants from other parts of the country, nation, and world, where their views are held in mockery and derision ... so they come to San Francisco where their world views are tolerated ... or simply ignored ... like the redneck racist who isn't redneck and racist enough to endure the real redneck and racist in the Bible Belt comes to San Francisco and is considered a real redneck and racist, and feels quite good about bucking the "trend" and loves to bathe in this limelight ... like the Milo Yiannopoulos guy ... or that Mitt Romney guy who jumped to the Repulican Party for presidential candidate because the Democrats already had a better looking dude and a smarter dude ... so when he jumped to the Republicans, all of a sudden he was the smartest and best looking dude in the Republican Party ... And so it goes with people who think they were smarter, wittier, more revolutionary, liberal, conservative, etc., than the folks back home ...

Last edited: