• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

A Day Without Uber

T

TwoDollarRides

Any takers? Anyone have some real balls here? Or is everyone ok with being screwed on a daily? Taxi cab drivers have done it, teachers shut down schools for weeks at a time, flights get cancelled or delayed, but Uber is just so dang profitable that one minute offline might just ruin your yearly ROI and cause chaos with the world.

Let's get real. Let's stand together, and in one giant voice tell uber things ain't peachy. Take one day off. I will most likely become a billionaire before this takes off, but I just wanted to post it. See if there's anything that comes of it. Guess I need that billionaire "grassroots" model to reach the people.

Yay I'm with you dude. I'm totally not doing uber today!!! Let's do this!!

Shangsta

You do that. I would enjoy the surge while you and the other ants log off.

The reason your comparison is illegitimate is that drivers are not unionized. Teachers have a common goal, even cabbies care about their industry.

All we care about is our earnings. I am glad when drivers sign off and it starts to surge. The truth is if we all are looking out for our own earnings. Uber has that in their favor and that will never change.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I say what would be more beneficial is for ants to stop recruiting other ants just to get that one time bonus of $200.00. I stopped giving out my invite to drive back in October. Before that I only gave it to 3 college students like myself that can only work part-time and not every day. Now I just keep my mouth shut.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Uber would literally go hard core with their recruiting like the military does during wartime. They'd have representatives set up hiring kiosks at every college, mall, and outside every DMV in America, and yes they would have it all set up in a few hours.

tohunt4me

Any takers? Anyone have some real balls here? Or is everyone ok with being screwed on a daily? Taxi cab drivers have done it, teachers shut down schools for weeks at a time, flights get cancelled or delayed, but Uber is just so dang profitable that one minute offline might just ruin your yearly ROI and cause chaos with the world.

Let's get real. Let's stand together, and in one giant voice tell uber things ain't peachy. Take one day off. I will most likely become a billionaire before this takes off, but I just wanted to post it. See if there's anything that comes of it. Guess I need that billionaire "grassroots" model to reach the people.

Uber would literally go hard core with their recruiting like the military does during wartime. They'd have representatives set up hiring kiosks at every college, mall, and outside every DMV in America, and yes they would have it all set up in a few hours.
The media would go nuts with it right now.
With everything else going on,it might actually get noticed.

Attachments

FL_Dex

I took a couple days off, then the days stretched into weeks. It was surge baiting pretty hard this morning and almost bit on it but took the dog for a walk instead. I may go out tomorrow morning if it's like today but I'm not taking anything under a 1.4x.

I have, by default, been supporting any boycotts the last two weeks.

It's pointless to boycott a company that's already the walking dead. Uber has enough cash for maybe 2-3 good years, then they're dead. The end could come sooner if the bad news keeps piling up. They have between $11 and $13 billion in funding, which they're burning through at a scary clip. Some analysts think they could make it until 2020 but that depends on the driverless car court case. If they lose that, they're dead the day the judgment comes down. If one state classifies drivers as employees, they're dead.

Grahamcracker

I go weeks without driving often. I didn't drive not one day in the month of November. This strategy hasn't worked for me yet, Uber's still Uber. They did raise the rates here January 22 though.