A commodore backed into me while dropping off pax. should I report to uber?

Chirsg

Says it all in the title. As I was dropping off a pax after taking him from sunshine to truganina, I ended the trip, 5 starred the pax and just before he opened the door, a blue commodore backed into me.

Has anyone been in a similar situation while online? What did you do about it?

When the vehicle struck mine, the ride was already finished. Technically, this didn't occur during the trip.

george manousaridis

Says it all in the title. As I was dropping off a pax after taking him from sunshine to truganina, I ended the trip, 5 starred the pax and just before he opened the door, a blue commodore backed into me.

When the vehicle struck mine, the ride was already finished. Technically, this didn't occur during the trip.
See a good lawyer or your insurance.have got a dash cam,front and rear cameras?

Yes i have,dont muck around get onto it asap,i wont go into detail but i can inform you the idiot and stupid donkey thar reversed into me is still in recovery.I had a Splend rent a car,i had dash cam evidence,made to pay 1000$ AU excess,and havent got my money back yet.The idiot offender lied and passing the buck.Still waiting for my money. No longer got the Splend vehicle,returned it and Splend is a bad compnany dont rent off them.Go figure.

KenBruceHasGoneMad

Lol.
And even if it did occur on a trip..

Uber doesn't care!.

Your car had no UBER INSURANCE...

lol...

Its a standard accident...

Get the other drivers details and proceed.

Not hard...
Lol..UBER INSURANCE...

what were you hoping for?..

Some drivers are really clueless.

If you don't have ride share insurance ,and no DA ...

your claim will get rejected.

Uber on!/

Apollo

H
See a good lawyer or your insurance.have got a dash cam,front and rear cameras?

Yes i have,dont muck around get onto it asap,i wont go into detail but i can inform you the idiot and stupid donkey thar reversed into me is still in recovery.I had a Splend rent a car,i had dash cam evidence,made to pay 1000$ AU excess,and havent got my money back yet.The idiot offender lied and passing the buck.Still waiting for my money. No longer got the Splend vehicle,returned it and Splend is a bad compnany dont rent off them.Go figure.
Have you got the donkey's address.Might be time for a friendly visit, to pass our regards, and give him a pat and treat.

Chirsg

H

Have you got the donkey's address.Might be time for a friendly visit, to pass our regards, and give him a pat and treat.
I've got his address, license number, and his facial features all recorded on my phone.

Lol.
And even if it did occur on a trip..

Uber doesn't care!.

Your car had no UBER INSURANCE...

lol...

Its a standard accident...

Get the other drivers details and proceed.

Not hard...
Lol..UBER INSURANCE...

what were you hoping for?..

Some drivers are really clueless.

If you don't have ride share insurance ,and no DA ...

your claim will get rejected.

Uber on!/
The pax was a witness to the incident and it was clear I was not at fault. I would be hoping for a statement from him. That is what I'd be hoping for and I do have rideshare insurance, as it is legally compulsory to have. I hope when you say "Some drivers are really clueless" you weren't referring to me.

Avoid telling Uber about accident as they will deactivate your account till you present you car to Uber office
Thanks. This is the reply I was hoping for.

KenBruceHasGoneMad

I've got his address, license number, and his facial features all recorded on my phone.

The pax was a witness to the incident and it was clear I was not at fault. I would be hoping for a statement from him. That is what I'd be hoping for and I do have rideshare insurance, as it is legally compulsory to have. I hope when you say "Some drivers are really clueless" you weren't referring to me.

Off you go to your insurance..
Hope you got the pax personal details and permission to act as a witness...

Hope Mr commodore has insurance..

If not, excess is?...

Apollo

Just play possum.In all seriousness i don't know what your worried about.The @@@@@@@@ backed into you.Whether the accident happened with or without rider doesnt matter.Doing uber nowadays is pretty much legal, and accepted.

Chirsg

Just play possum.In all seriousness i don't know what your worried about.The &%[email protected]!* backed into you.Whether the accident happened with or without rider doesnt matter.Doing uber nowadays is pretty much legal, and accepted.
I'm not disputing the legality of doing uber, I just wanted to know the protocol. Also, there could be a possibility the pax may report it since he was a witness. I wouldn't know how that works, as I've never been a pax.

Last edited:

Apollo

I'm not disputing the legality of doing uber, I just wanted to know the protocol. Also, the could be a possibility the pax may report it since he was a witness. I wouldn't know how that works, as I've never been a pax.
It doesn't have to get technical.It's very simpleCommodore hit you(reversing) therefore his at fault.Tell your insurance exactly what happened and you will be fine.Just don't tell uber because they might take your car of the road, until it's fixed

KenBruceHasGoneMad

I'm not disputing the legality of doing uber, I just wanted to know the protocol. Also, there could be a possibility the pax may report it since he was a witness. I wouldn't know how that works, as I've never been a pax.
What are you saying?.
Why would pax report anything?..

Its really simple.

Just remove uber from your thinking.

They don't care...

Neither should you.

Please tell me you informed your insurance ...immediately.

Don't wait days and weeks...

Its just an accident.

Uber has nothing to do with it.

Nothing.

χ²(1)

I'm not disputing the legality of doing uber, I just wanted to know the protocol.
The protocol is exactly the same as if a non-Uber driver struck another non-Uber driver. Exchange details with the other driver and contact your car insurance company.

Uber plays no role unless public indemnity is involved (which in this case is clearly not).

Johny Bravo

Chirsg, don't bring Uber into this otherwise you'll be deactivated until your car is fixed and inspected. I had an incident involving kangroo near Sunbury at midnight last year whilst two riders on board and that too, female riders. At the speed of 110km/h and a giant kangaroo, you can imagine what damage it can bring to a car.

Long story short; my car was fixed within 2 weeks just before Christmas without involving uber. And my isurance company didn't asked me stupid questions!

Apollo

Chirsg, don't bring Uber into this otherwise you'll be deactivated until your car is fixed and inspected. I had an incident involving kangroo near Sunbury at midnight last year whilst two riders on board and that too, female riders. At the speed of 110km/h and a giant kangaroo, you can imagine what damage it can bring to a car.

Long story short; my car was fixed within 2 weeks just before Christmas without involving uber. And my isurance company didn't asked me stupid questions!
Lucky you didn't get killed.Those kangaroo's on the suburban fringe are a menace.

You must tell uber immediately
Don't tell him that he might actually believe you.But still it made me lol.