1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

A Big Thank You to Taxi Drivers

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by NoCHOICEbutSMOVE, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoCHOICEbutSMOVE

NoCHOICEbutSMOVE Well-Known Member

1. Thank you for picking and choosing customers – you gave a running start to the PH industry

2. Thank you for continuing to pick and choose customers – you give PH drivers a steady income

3. Thank you for hiding before midnight – riders despised you, there was no choice but to download the US$69 billion app

4. Thank you for all your surcharges including midnight and airport – you allow PH drivers a steady flow of riders

5. Thank you again for all your surcharges – your flag down rates can exceed our full fares and riders know when they are being screwed

6. Thank you for queuing up at shopping malls and at the airport – we couldn’t handle the competition with you cruising around residential areas

7. Thank you for not queuing in HDB carparks and landed residential areas – you would take away our rice bowl

8. Thank you for not driving in the rain – sometimes it is rare to get a 2X surge trip

9. Thank you for being lazy and non-productive and sitting in coffee shops – you help minimise the time between pings

10. Thank you for retiring from corporate life – it would have been tough to survive doing nothing but surfing all day, with intellectuals, philosophers and gamblers like yourselves keeping watch on us

11. Thank you for sometimes blocking us from entering office blocks or shopping malls – sometimes our riders are not ready

12. Thank you for driving slow – we will get more pings

13. Thank you for driving fast – not blocking productive PH drivers reaching their riders or destinations

14. Thank you for complaining to the government for a more level playing field – new regulations can only mean safer and better PH rides and service and the PH industry can only grow

15. Thank you again for complaining to the government for a more level playing field – it is only a matter of time that taxi fares will be reduced, leading to more taxi drivers being off the road

16. Thank you once again for complaining to the government for a more level playing – it just shows how selfish and useless your drivers were in the first place, that they needed to be protected by nationality to survive from competition, and now by new regulations

2. Dr3am3rz

Dr3am3rz Active Member

This one not by the company one meh?

3. NoCHOICEbutSMOVE

They can always say to passengers, "No need to pay surcharge, Sir. I disagree with airport and midnight surcharge - it is unfair to hardworking riders like yourself."

4. NoCHOICEbutSMOVE

Obviously they are suffering: We have a famous taxi driver doing part-time high class Uber work.

Now if only I can refer.....Observingonly..........

5. Dr3am3rz

Dr3am3rz Active Member

True but that will lead to complains and unhappy if they met another TD who never waive off. Riders are scary.

6. Dr3am3rz

Dr3am3rz Active Member

Like MIA liao leh?

7. Ubercheaposcum

Ubercheaposcum Member

Don't be so cocky yet,the government has just stated that the new rules for PH are just currently a slight tap on the hands,taxis will and always be around even if self drive cars are now ready to ply our roads.By then,what would u be? You are not even local,so pray hard that the government don't implement ONLY singaporeans are allowed to drive PH whether being employed by limousine CO or not,or else u might have trouble bragging about ur 1k dinner.I strongly believe that the current rules for PH are j

Worm and Justacabby like this.
  8. Ubercheaposcum

Ubercheaposcum Member

Just a tip of the iceberg,more to come and yes I'm a TD and damn proud of it

9. Ubercheaposcum

Ubercheaposcum Member

When taxi fares come down or Uber fares go up,lets see who passengers will choose,a GPS addict driver or 1 who drives without,the war has just begun and there's no outright winner yet,but I must say,thks to braggart like u,our rentals are being slashed,so carry on bragging about ur high class life when in fact u need to drive Uber to maintain ur current lifestyle,ur a driver too,who are u to put down TD who are also earning an honest living but doesn't brag? U know who

10. LCR_dog

LCR_dog Well-Known Member

Thank u

11. Cdge

Cdge New Member

no choice Tat y red eye
    TD got got so many choices and better join TD

12. renyeo

renyeo Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    The government has a social responsibility to safeguard jobs of cabbies becuase these drivers are largely lowly educated and middle aged. For them to lose driving would be diabolical to the state and election wins not to mention the dependents of those drivers whose means of living are directly depended on the breadwinners. For now the task is to keep status quo as stable as possible while welcoming healthy disruption to status quo.:confused:

Worm likes this.
  13. Observingonly

Observingonly Well-Known Member

This is terrible. Taxi drivers in Singapore have been nice enough to PH, unlike those in many other countries and yet we see this kind of challenge from somebody holding Malaysian passport. You should go back to your own country to fight the taxi drivers there instead of fighting the Singaporean taxi drivers making their living on their own home land.

14. NoCHOICEbutSMOVE

I am not fighting. I am saying Thank You.

15. renyeo

renyeo Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    It all started with Uber and its low fares model.

The future is having the costs of a hired car/taxi ride down to within ten dollars, just slightly more than bus and train services.

How is this possible?

The answer is autonomous vehicles. Uber CEO has publicly made known the plan to eventually replace drivers to bring down fares.

If today you could get a ride home from city to Woodlands for $18 peak you might only pay less than $10 in future. Any time any day.

Who needs to own a car by then?!

Now begs this questions: what's the future in store for traditional taxi companies in this context? I ain't got the clue ...

But here's an advice: beg, steal or borrow never lead your children embark on the idea of driving as a career. It's a sunset profession: driverless car, driverless bus, driverless truck, driverless van and driverless future ...

Worm likes this.
  16. NoCHOICEbutSMOVE

Please drive more to increase the price of fuel.

My management will reinstate last year's bonus if oil hits $65 (options) by Oct 2017.

I will stop driving and observe only.

17. NoCHOICEbutSMOVE

I put down all lazy and greedy men, regardless of profession.

Choosing rides is not an honest living. All taxi drivers who refused jobs in the past deserve to queue in the future.

18. Ubercheaposcum

Ubercheaposcum Member

I see,if all TD switch to PH,u think u will still be bragging about your takings every other week? Like u said,if TD ONLY know where to queue for passengers cos we can but YOU CANT,they will definitely know where to hunt for pings much better than u and when that comes,ur takings will definitely be hit just like how PH have done to TD,so think through before u belittle TD,no TD,U CAN JOLLY WELL BID YOUR WEEKLY BRAGGING RIGHTS GOODBYE

19. Ubercheaposcum

Ubercheaposcum Member

Oh if Uber were to quicken their pace in introducing driverless cars now in Singapore,they will also say a big THANK YOU for driving for them with peanut fares,sacrificing ur sleep,energy etc,and off u go.Let's see who you will be complaining about yah?

20. Ubercheaposcum

Ubercheaposcum Member

So you are still a what now? I quote'a part time Uber driver who drives because he can't drive a taxi' When u stop driving then u are entitled to your views on TD cos I repeat again ur now a part time Uber driver who can't stop bragging and think Uber is a God sent and the best thing that happened to him since he lost his virginity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.