• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

A 1 star is like adding insult to ¢60 a mile injury

BobMarley

Ubers dropped the incentives in chicago
And lyft is up to 50% recently.
What are these "tips" you speak of?
What are these "incentives" you speak of? Other than Lyft's $1150 guarantee for the first 150 rides in 60 days, 65 to go for me still, I've seen nada.

Tips on the other hand, unless I get the, "I'm using rideshare because I'm too poor to own a car, or I missed the bus type of pax", I get tipped about 80% of the time. I've learned where not to go to minimize those type of rides, but I got maybe 4 or 5 last weekend, where I knew they wouldn't tip. One of them surprised me though.

25rides7daysaweek

What are these "incentives" you speak of? Other than Lyft's $1150 guarantee for the first 150 rides in 60 days, 65 to go for me still, I've seen nada.

Tips on the other hand, unless I get the, "I'm using rideshare because I'm too poor to own a car, or I missed the bus type of pax", I get tipped about 80% of the time. I've learned where not to go to minimize those type of rides, but I got maybe 4 or 5 last weekend, where I knew they wouldn't tip. One of them surprised me though.

View attachment 329198
There was usually 2 quests of 55-60 rides mon-thur and fri-sunday $50-60 ish.
They were enough to pay for gas.
After the IPO theres were some changes and lyft's $81 for 71 rides $102 for 81 for the whole week I think are better now.
I generally drive whoever giving the better money at the time. Ide really rather drive lyft solely because ubers offering me .50 now.
I dont get enough requests from either to do it without both.
Uber can go motorboat a bums a$$...

Attachments

BobMarley

There was usually 2 quests of 55-60 rides mon-thur and fri-sunday $50-60 ish.
They were enough to pay for gas.
After the IPO theres were some changes and lyft's $81 for 71 rides $102 for 81 for the whole week I think are better now.
I generally drive whoever giving the better money at the time. Ide really rather drive lyft solely because ubers offering me .50 now.
I dont get enough requests from either to do it without both.
Uber can go motorboat a bums a$$...
$102 for 81 rides in a week... Lol the most I've ever done in a week on Lyft is about 25.

25rides7daysaweek

So you do exactly 175 rides a week? Wow thats impressive Mr Farnum.
61 w uber and 74 w lyft.
I took fathers day off.
Normally would have been
25% lyft and 75% uber.
What's with the Farnum you think I'm bull$hitting about the ride count?
The total was just under $1800 and
I did get a $20 cash tip too ?

BobMarley

61 w uber and 74 w lyft.
I took fathers day off.
Normally would have been
25% lyft and 75% uber.
Lol, no I don't think your BSing, just making a reference to your avatar pic. I'd never be able to hit those doing this part time. Maybe if I totally concentrated on Uber OR Lyft, but then I'd spend more time sitting around waiting for a ping.

R3drang3r

61 w uber and 74 w lyft.
I took fathers day off.
Normally would have been
25% lyft and 75% uber.
Anybody who can do 175 rides a week. All I can say is God bless them.?

25rides7daysaweek

Lol, no I don't think your BSing, just making a reference to your avatar pic. I'd never be able to hit those doing this part time. Maybe if I totally concentrated on Uber OR Lyft, but then I'd spend more time sitting around waiting for a ping.
Oh jesus I forgot that's what's his name was! I had to go look sometimes he is called EB too I had also considered Wu LOL. Yes I'm the full time hell of rideshare. I do really like it though and it pays bills..I was thinkng that traveling tourists are much more likely to tip and I drive alot of people to work is probably why I dont get so many tips. It's way less than 10% for me..... good luck!!!!