Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

$ 98 ride and no tip?

Tips 
2K views 35 replies 29 participants last post by  mi4johns 
#1 ·
Wow,
Rich people going between ski resorts.
On a Lyft ride.
a 2hr ride with a stop at Mcdonald's.
Not only that but there is no way i'm getting a ride back.
A ton of luggage which i loaded and unloaded.
and i get a thank you and handshake for a great ride and great conversation.
Oh and they said they would give me 5 stars.
I figured they were going to tip on app but NO.
Nothing, and i can't 1 star them because the lyft Rate passenger timed out.
F in cheap bastards, take the BUS!

#15 ·
Yeah i expected I might have to deadhead back, but i had never been to the area so there was some hope I might get a ride back. I was able to make a decent day out of it with short rides in the area.

Yeah i know you have 24 hrs to rate in the Lyft App, but i was hopping they just forgot to tip or just got busy and would tip the next day.
They never did! Rich Assholes.

#17 ·
Had a 50 mile $170 trip on Lux Black to a $10 million mansion where he ate leftovers (lamb chops) from a restaurant in the car and wanted the music off so he could watch Netflix. Constant backseat driving and of course no tip.

The top 1% are usually entitled paxholes, but you can't really complain on a high fare.

#22 · (Edited)
i can't 1 star them because the lyft Rate passenger timed out!
That part is on you. I love that about Lyft. I give them half an hour to add a tip and then one star them, and then if I see a tip before the 24 hour timeout, I'll change it back to 5. I assume plenty of other drivers are as no-nonsense about it as I am, so now I if they're a 4.8 or below, they're probably not tippers and that part is on me if I accept a ride and then they don't add a tip. I'm in the "you get a five or a one" camp. Clearly.

#26 ·
Sometimes you get a tip a week later, perhaps the next time they use the uber app on return trip. But there is a good chance you won't either lol
Yep. My Uber payout on Tuesday will be $5.00.

I didn't drive this week and my last ride last week was a $43 X with no tip. I don't usually pay much attention to tips but I'd been getting tips from about half my riders all weekend, so I noticed this one. Long ride, nice lady, no tip. Crap.

Then, Tuesday morning I get a message from Uber: "You've received a $5.00 tip!" Checked the ride, and sure enough, it was her. So she's forgiven, and I will have some Dairy Queen money on Tuesday.

#27 ·
Nothing beats my rich people that went boating and drinking at the dock afterwards ....after ride they both whipped out his/her's huge wads (Probably five inches of cash) of hundreds, fifties and twenties....both looked for a five dollar bill and didn't have one then said the worst words known to drivers, "I'll tip you in the app......NOT! ---Nothing

#31 ·
Only $98?

Had a $300 ride between Vegas & LA with no tip. 3 stops & a crying toddler for half the trip.

Enjoy your new lyft life.
You can get inexpensive earplugs that will dampen the ear-piercing wale of a toddler. I have a pair in an emergency bag hidden under the floor of my trunk. I may move those up to the center console in case that ever happens to me. If you're ever in a loud emergency situation, dampening your sense of hearing will help you focus and not experience sensory overload. A cotton ball or cigarette filter will perform the same function. Can y'all tell that I'm bored?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.