91 Cent Fare?!?!

keymusic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was just informed by Uber that that fair was actually a mistake in the system and the actual fair was $4.55 which netted me $2.81. That's more than three times the original amount. I am now wondering how many of my over 1,000 rides over the past year I've also been underpaid for? Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation?

Emp9

I was just informed by Uber that that fair was actually a mistake in the system and the actual fair was $4.55 which netted me $2.81. That's more than three times the original amount. I am now wondering how many of my over 1,000 rides over the past year I've also been underpaid for? Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation?
i dont think it was a mistake, the csr threw you a bone, others reported uber pool in cali super low fare

keymusic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
maybe he thought it was an uberx fare . pool is cheaper because u "could" grab a second rider along the way.
Right, I understand about Pool, but the csr was definitely clear that it was a pool ride since I specified that with her. She also told me that it was showing the larger amount on her side in her system. Something definitely seems a little fishy with this.

Emp9

Right, I understand about Pool, but the csr was definitely clear that it was a pool ride since I specified that with her. She also told me that it was showing the larger amount on her side in her system. Something definitely seems a little fishy with this.
wouldnt that same ride be 4.55 on uber x? min fare

Emp9

I don't know. I thought min fare is $4?
others reported uber pool low low fare id accept cancel some and ignore others if it was me. not worth losing money on it. it could be fishy also with uber i dont trust them

UberComic

I gave a ride yesterday in Santa Monica. It was Pool, 1.17 miles and the duration was 6 minutes and 8 seconds. The total fare was $2.14 and I ended up with 91 cents! This is ridiculous.
I posted in the LA forum about a $24 Pool fare yesterday that should have been $48. They finally changed it after numerous emails. Others experienced the same thing. It was probably a glitch that I hope is fixed. For now I'd keep an eye on those Pool fares.

fork2323

I gave a ride yesterday in Santa Monica. It was Pool, 1.17 miles and the duration was 6 minutes and 8 seconds. The total fare was $2.14 and I ended up with 91 cents! This is ridiculous.
At the uber office in Los Angeles I went in with the same issue. They told me pool is half rate with 1 passenger, with the minimum fair of $2 and driver pay out of $0.80 cents.

JLA

So let me get this right. Along with Uber taking the extra fare and giving you nothing but the hassle of two different riders we now have to contend with this. Damn.

Lastly, this is like a party joke. How cheap and lazy do you have to be to do a pool a mile down the road? Were talking about splitting a $4. 00 fare after all. It would be like going to Starbucks and asking a stranger to split the cost of a coffee with you. At least with Starbucks they'll tip. Only in Uber land will you find these people.

Last edited:

Emp9

In the office they pulled the "uber pool is new and part of an experiment" the experiment is to see how stupid the drivers are and how much uber can get away with. That is the pool experiment. Its not a glitch. They are testing lower fares.
i dont think its a glitch either, why would someone use uber pool if it was the same price. now i do think there should still be the same min. to prevent this using pool for 1 mile ride where they know there is almost no chance of second rider.

JLA

i dont think its a glitch either, why would someone use uber pool if it was the same price. now i do think there should still be the same min. to prevent this using pool for 1 mile ride where they know there is almost no chance of second rider.
Actually I see what their doing now. Their just hopping around town on the cheap knowing full well there's never going to be another pax.

I say one star them and report them to Uber. However, if they tip decent then 5 star them and let them know you'll be available all day.

Emp9

Actually I see what their doing now. Their just hopping around town on the cheap knowing full well there's never going to be another pax.

I say one star them and report them to Uber. However, if they tip decent then 5 star them and let them know you'll be available all day.
you cant really report them for using uber, uber sets these super low prices, uber doesnt have to worry about gas, car payments, or maintenance / depreciation.

i have used uber pool in nyc twice and it was cheaper for me but still fair for the driver. its wasnt no $2. because nyc rates a pretty decent with a min of $8.

JLA

Just curious how Uber pool works. I have not encountered it in Chicago...don't even think we have it. Do you automatically get these Pool pings whether you want them or not?
For us it's automatic unless they kick you off of it. However it seems that drivers are starting to just ignore the second one or just all together.

Back in my green days I used to think cool. I'm getting two fares at the same time or at least two discounted ones. Ha. The only extra thing I get is the extra hassle.

Last edited: