• I go where the pings take me and am Area Code agnostic

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Why Do These *&*# Polls exist??!!

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Anywhere But Durham

• Anywhere But Brampton

• Street Car Tracks Murder my suspension, Anywhere But Downtown.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I am A Shitter Rat, through and through [Airport only]

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

Kurt Halfyard

Author
The GTA is vast geographically, stretching from Oshawa to Hamilton around the lake, and extending up towards Aurora/Newmarket North of the city.
Do you 'identify' as a 416 City driver, or do you rigourously stick to the Suburban rings?
You can select up to three options in the poll.

uber_from_the north

I start at my place or closed to my area. And stays where the ping takes me and wait for the next one. Constantly move between plaza to plaza every 15-20 mins if no trip request.

Then DF to my place again when my shift is done :smiles:

Ashoor

Good post! So while I am very comfortable driving in DT, I love it when I stay in the 905, specifically in York region (Vaughan, Richmond Hill and Markham). I also don’t mind Scarborough. Basically north and east of the city.

On the other hand, I am not a big fan of driving in the west like in Mississauga and Etobicoke etc. Again, no specific reason, but I guess I have never lived, worked or went to school in the west of the city , so just not as used to it like I am to York Region and Scarborough where it all feels more ‘home’ to me.

But at the end of the day, I don’t mind getting pulled any side of the city, as long I am making money.

ryan137

Don't we all 'go where the pings take us' by definition?
We do but I'm sure most people have a strategy and use their destination filters to that effect.

I live near Islington and Finch. My Strategy is usually to set my DF for somewhere in East York. There are lots of people crossing the city north to south and west to east, which helps me get rides in this direction easily. This has the massive benefit of keeping me out of Brampton and Vaughan most of the time, which otherwise I would be driving frequently as many people who live in my neighbourhood work in those areas.

theonearmedman

Square one is underrated by Uber veterans

Milton is boring fresh family area "high mortgage payment"
Little of them can afford a trip to DT when they are late or want comfort over train
That's like everywhere in the GTAsuburbs... Over a million dollars for houses I don't know how people do it

mikees3

Many of them bought a while ago at lower prices or had real estate handed down between generations. Signing a $950,000 Motgage on an 80,000/yr salary seems like madness to me.
yah my parents got there house @ $300,000 in the early 90s now it’s worth 1.5mil

uber_from_the north

Good post! So while I am very comfortable driving in DT, I love it when I stay in the 905, specifically in York region (Vaughan, Richmond Hill and Markham). I also don’t mind Scarborough. Basically north and east of the city.

On the other hand, I am not a big fan of driving in the west like in Mississauga and Etobicoke etc. Again, no specific reason, but I guess I have never lived, worked or went to school in the west of the city , so just not as used to it like I am to York Region and Scarborough where it all feels more ‘home’ to me.

But at the end of the day, I don’t mind getting pulled any side of the city, as long I am making money.
We are on the same page. Main reason I don't want driving in peel region is because I don't know the place lol.

...........and trying to stay away from Roger as well.