9 Months and got my first red light ticket ......help?

joebo1963

$158 unreal, I'm pissed, looking into one of those plastic covers I see so many cars in Miami with....

anyone know if its possible to beat or reduce this ? 2 pics accompany the letter one showing me in the far right lane and this lane has a right turn only marker so I'm guessing I made the right turn while the light was red....2nd pic show me going thru....

where: 2nd ave and 213 th street miami gardens..

george_lol

Only 158? Wow you're lucky. I just got a red light ticket for a yellow left turn light that turned red as I entered the intersection. In Coral Springs $263 there was no was I could stop, especially with pax in car. All he could say is "those Coral springs pricks"

tcast305

Ubering tax. Nothing to do but pay it. I got one the other day, made a right turn on red without coming to a full stop. Saw the video, stopped but then rolled thru, to bad.

Just pay it.

JimKE

Where was it?

Big problem (among many) with red light cameras is that the people reviewing the video often improperly cite people who come to a full stop, and make a legal right turn on red.

If you just blew through it, you're done. But if you came to a full stop, looked both ways, and then made a legal right turn on red you can contest the ticket.

HINT: In the future, run Waze in the background to alert you to red-light cameras.

tcast305

JimKE, it was out west weston/sawgrass forgot the intersection. I stopped quickly then made a right turn. It was at 6am so no need to wait too long there was noone. Funny thing I don't remember there being a sign stating right turn included on the photo intersection.

When I took it 2 ticket places, they said I had to let the notice expire then once I get the ticket then fight it, and if the beat it you might have to pay court costs. I was like let me just pay it.

Its just a scam for the city's to make more money. It killed the nice night I had, but oh well. Now I stop and wait at least 5 seconds, to turn. I don't care if the person behind is blasting there horn.

Thanks.

Docaces

Request a hearing. Go to the hearing. They will likely dismiss it without any questions. I have done it twice. I didnt even have to open my mouth.

Docaces

They dismiss them all if u fight. The system is unconstitutional and they know it. They just play the numbers game. Most people don't have time to go to court and or it's not worth their time and just pay it.if they get 85% return on tbose tickets it's still a goldmine for city

Gubber Singh

I went to the court; ended up paying the fine and the court fee. It was in the city of Miami Gardens though.

Pete Moran

Red light is a stop sign for right turns, 3 second rule with a complete stop, it does not matter if cars are passing by or not. Yellow means stop if you can, obvisouly you can stop because you have to slow down lol. I follow my speed signs and road rules, pax are not the ones that will pay my tickets lol

JSM0713

Those red light cameras are insidious.... my ticket lawyer told me that if they have the video and shows you're guilty, you're a goner.... Pay it... I know, it sucks.

joebo1963

I'm looking at my ticket and no video link is seen..... the first photo shows me stopped at the white line with no vehicle behind me.....the next photo shows me entering the intersection to make my right...and now there is a vehicle behind me....plus the first photo shows my brake lights red clearly versus second photo I'm in the intersection and no brake lights...

also the code listed for violation is "failure to comply with steady red" not making a right on red without stopping...

tomorrow I'll go to the ticket clinic.....

according to the web this ticket will not convert to point its just a fine fine....and if I don't pay it will just be debt owed Miami Gardens, and that won't cost me any sleep.... but I'll verify this tomorrow at the ticket clinic....

I owe the state the Maryland and delaware a few bucks for blowing thru some bridge tolls.... screw em too.....

pasha13

Ticket Clinic 20% über discount. On right turn on red you need to make full stop before turning or you'll get camera ticket.

Docaces

I'm looking at my ticket and no video link is seen..... the first photo shows me stopped at the white line with no vehicle behind me.....the next photo shows me entering the intersection to make my right...and now there is a vehicle behind me....plus the first photo shows my brake lights red clearly versus second photo I'm in the intersection and no brake lights...

also the code listed for violation is "failure to comply with steady red" not making a right on red without stopping...

tomorrow I'll go to the ticket clinic.....

according to the web this ticket will not convert to point its just a fine fine....and if I don't pay it will just be debt owed Miami Gardens, and that won't cost me any sleep.... but I'll verify this tomorrow at the ticket clinic....

I owe the state the Maryland and delaware a few bucks for blowing thru some bridge tolls.... screw em too.....

If u don't pay it, u will eventually have license suspended.

Flacco

$158 unreal, I'm pissed, looking into one of those plastic covers I see so many cars in Miami with....

anyone know if its possible to beat or reduce this ? 2 pics accompany the letter one showing me in the far right lane and this lane has a right turn only marker so I'm guessing I made the right turn while the light was red....2nd pic show me going thru....

where: 2nd ave and 213 th street miami gardens..

Contact an expert like any Ticket Clinic. I had to pay one but it was a video. The Attorney said that if we go to Court we will probably lose as they will play the 7 second video. My ticket Attorney was only $69 for a speeding ticket and he beat it. PM me if you need the phone number.

You need someone experienced in Dade County with these

Docaces

Those attorney's are full of it. Most will get dismissed by mearly showing up for hearing. They just want your $$$. Of course this is only for red light camera ticket. Not moving violations that you get pulled over by a real cop.