80 LYFT Rides in 10 days. Possible?

advictoriam5

signed up for lyft via referral and was given the 30 days to complete 100 rides. Due to some unforseen circumstances i haven't been able to put in as much time. Also, my GF is moving to Michigan for her masters so a lot of time has been spent with her. I will be free starting this saturday...Is it doable? Or should i not even bother? I really could use that dough, never hurts! Thanks!

LAuberX

It sounds like you already chose "why bother?"... today is Wednesday and you can't get in the car until Saturday?

You don't understand. It takes time behind the wheel, if you don't actually get behind said wheel you will not complete any rides.

Lyft is open 24/7/365, you can sleep when you are dead.

DRIVE!! (or continue doing whatever you've been doing)

advictoriam5

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It sounds like you already chose "why bother?"... today is Wednesday and you can't get in the car until Saturday.

You don't understand, it takes time behind the wheel, if you don't actually get behind said wheel you will not complete any rides.

Lyft is open 24/7/365, you can sleep when you are dead.

DRIVE!! (or continue doing whatever you've been doing)

I will be driving tonight, i live in north county but it's dead up here! So heading to san diego it looks like.

advictoriam5

Very easy to do... Can be done in 4 days... go downtown and stay there
I do have a full time job and i'm off sunday and tuesday. I think i'll sleep for a bit saturday after work and head out around 9ish and maybe work all night.

SteveSD

I do have a full time job and i'm off sunday and tuesday. I think i'll sleep for a bit saturday after work and head out around 9ish and maybe work all night.
Wow unbelievable
Full time job and chasing....
I don't believe what you guys doing out there
Good thing about Lyft after every 12 hours they kick you out for 6 hours

Last edited:

Ubernic

You need 8 rides a day, so my advice is go to downtown or a busy part of the county, stay there until you at least get 8 rides everyday. If you have stamina and time for more stay for more, but go down and aim for 8 everyday.

DriverX

When you're 79 rides in and hour left, and dead battery.

If you have a job, it looks like by your hours available, that you should focus on that; because you aren't gonna make any money at this in your spare time bub.

UberReallySucks

Wow unbelievable
Full time job and chasing....
I don't believe what you guys doing out there
Good thing about Lyft after every 12 hours they kick you out for 6 hours
With Uber on the other hand, you can drive 36 hours straight, no problem!

As long as you don't skip any pool requests...

Last edited:

NCRBILL

You need 8 rides a day, so my advice is go to downtown or a busy part of the county, stay there until you at least get 8 rides everyday. If you have stamina and time for more stay for more, but go down and aim for 8 everyday.
This is the only way it will work. Remember you are looking for butt in seat, not the length of the trip. Stay in DT, PB and LI. it's the only way to do it. When I was running mine, I wanted 5 per day but stayed away from DT. Was really a grind.

advictoriam5

Any updates?
DIDN'T HAPPEN :frown: I should've just started picking at it little by little from the beginning, i got sick, ran into other personal issues, no biggie, i'll try to work peak hours and busy times during weekends.

DriverX

ouch that was ez money. If you didn't have the motivation to go after it, I don't think you will ever make enough money doing this to make it worth your risk and time.

Not trying to put you down at all, some people just shouldn't even consider doing this because its not a traditional way to make a buck and requires mucho flexibility and willingness to deal with the public.

Drivers don't get sick days. THey get slow days and hopefully they correspond.