700,000 bank of America EDD debit card accounts frozen because of massive fraud..my account has been frozen since September 26th..

Wildgoose

Don't you regularly withdraw money from EDD debit account to your Bank account?
I just did withdraw my last month payment yesterday without any issue.

observer

My only issue is the B of A closest to me , the 5 , 5 !!! ATM's are always out of cash.
Sounds like you are in a high unemployment area...

The BofA near my house has three ATMs but they have two shut down. I guess it's to enforce social distancing.

Now instead of a 1 in 3 chance of getting Covid, they have a 1 in 1 chance of catching it from the one machine.
Post automatically merged:

I was getting groceries across the street the other day and there were 10 people in line.

Amsoil Uber Connect

Neither have I. No problem. Other than cashless atm's.

I'm not a fan of others tracking where there money is going. Why I get cash all the time. Even though they can find out. No point in making it easier for them.

Wildgoose

Neither have I. No problem. Other than cashless atm's.

I'm not a fan of others tracking where there money is going. Why I get cash all the time. Even though they can find out. No point in making it easier for them.
Please remember BofA EDD debit card is not your bank account. If something had happened to you, your beneficiary could get nothing from it. Your bank is good for that matter. When you've forgot your account log in information and also you had lost your card, it will be very difficult for you to resume your account and your card. BofA log in security is very troublesome.

observer

Anybody that goes that long without using the EDD doesn't need it.
Send it back.

PS: I hate BofA ... with Wells Fargo a close second. Organized crime.
BoA is a nightmare.

I dumped them 15 years ago and never looked back.

Wells Fargo was OK. I only used them because I traveled a lot and they had ATMs everywhere.

They recently changed the terms on my account. No more free checking account with 14 ATM purchases per month.

Time to close that account. Back to using my local bank where we've had an account for 50 years.

Things have changed, they're part of a nationwide network now. Besides that, I don't travel as much anymore.

Last edited:

Wildgoose

BoA is a nightmare.

I dumped them 15 years ago and never looked back.

Wells Fargo was OK. I only used them because I traveled a lot and they had ATMs everywhere.

They recently changed the terms on my account. No more free checking account with 14 ATM purchases per month.

Time to close that account. Back to using my local bank where we've had an account for 50 years.

Things have changed, they're part of a nationwide network now besides that, I don't travel as much anymore.
Chase is the best now. Many ATMs and branches. Zelle, Credit score, easy automatic payment setup, they make easy for everything. And the best internet security measure for users but not so hard like BofA when you forget your log in information. I love Chase the most.

Moreover, they work till 6 pm on weekdays and open branches on Saturday, Very comfortable to do banking business. If you consider to get a personal loan, chase will not be the best. Better stick with WellsFargo.

Last edited:

observer

Chase is the best now. Many ATMs and branches. Zelle, Credit score, easy automatic payment setup, they make easy for everything. And the best internet security measure for users but not so hard like BofA when you forget your log in information. I love Chase the most.

I'll have to check them out. Over the years I have had accounts at several banks and credit unions for different reasons.

The only constant one has been my local bank. It's within walking distance of my home, closer than any of the big banks. They're kinda like me. Old fashioned.

Moreover, they work till 6 pm on weekdays and open branches on Saturday, Very comfortable to do banking business. If you consider to get a personal loan, chase will not be the best. Better stick with WellsFargo.
Back in the day I used to get loans from my credit union. I don't think I've ever gotten a bank loan at all.

I haven't even had a credit card in probly a dozen years. I paid off 25K in CC debt my ex owed and closed everything down.

Last edited:

Amsoil Uber Connect

Please remember BofA EDD debit card is not your bank account. If something had happened to you, your beneficiary could get nothing from it. Your bank is good for that matter. When you've forgot your account log in information and also you had lost your card, it will be very difficult for you to resume your account and your card. BofA log in security is very troublesome.
Yes I know that. If I had an account with them you think I would have wrote that ?

I left B of A years ago, why ? Because there was not one single sign inside a branch that was written in English. I see where there Loyalties lie.

In reality all banks are the same, there terms differ, but the same. Just ask anyone in the IRS Patriot community that has studied it's law / code, how money works and the Fractional Federal Revenue system .

Hate one over another for whatever your reasons. But like Government , they are a necessary evil we all have to deal with for our survival.

observer

Low standards, eh?

Don't get me wrong, that's ok and all ... hell, when I was young and 'dating' I would look for that in a person.
Same when applying for credit.
Naaa, I just like walking in to a bank and speaking with someone in person. Someone that knows me by name.

My local bank has been family owned for over a hundred years. My branch is 99 years old.

You're just a number to big banks. Like all companies you have to know when to use them to your advantage and when to dump them because they will do the same to you at the drop of a hat.

WF served their purpose, it's time to move on.

UberBastid

Naaa, I just like walking in to a bank and speaking with someone in person. Someone that knows me by name.

My local bank has been family owned for over a hundred years. My branch is 99 years old.

You're just a number to big banks. Like all companies you have to know when to use them to your advantage and when to dump them because they will do the same to you at the drop of a hat.

WF served their purpose, it's time to move on.
I got one of those too.
Last year, the Camp Fire.
Days in a hotel. Couch surfing.
Spending a lot of money and no payday for two weeks.
Didn't know if the house burned or not (didn't).
Hard times.
Hell.

Then I was finally able to get an internet connection via hot spot and ... my checking account was way overdrawn.
I called customer service.
There was over $400 in 'service charges'.

She was so great. I hear keyboard action, "The service charges are gone. And, did you know that we are offering existing account holders a personal signature loan in the amount of $5000 at 1% interest?"
I gasp.
"Would that help?"

By the end of the day there was $5000 in my checking account.
I don't loan money to relatives at 1%.

observer

I got one of those too.
Last year, the Camp Fire.
Days in a hotel. Couch surfing.
Spending a lot of money and no payday for two weeks.
Didn't know if the house burned or not (didn't).
Hard times.
Hell.

Then I was finally able to get an internet connection via hot spot and ... my checking account was way overdrawn.
I called customer service.
There was over $400 in 'service charges'.

She was so great. I hear keyboard action, "The service charges are gone. And, did you know that we are offering existing account holders a personal signature loan in the amount of $5000 at 1% interest?"
I gasp.
"Would that help?"

By the end of the day there was $5000 in my checking account.
I don't loan money to relatives at 1%.
Interest rates are super low at the moment.

We just refinanced the mortgage on an apartment building to 3%.

I remember when my dad bought income property at 17% interest rates.

Low interest rates are what have been keeping real estate prices so high.

Last edited:

Robert Larrison

The moment it hits transfer it

Bank of America has a web site just for EDD cards i set mine to email me when it receives payme you can transfer to your bank report lost or lock your card