70 mile ride + 1.8 boost = cha-ching!!

gman

Well gotta savor the small victories as they are so few and far between.

Picked up a guy in WeHo, he's got a suitcase so I say I guess we're going to LAX? He says nope, Dana Point!!

Nice guy, in between convo on the way down I'm doing the math in my head and figuring it's gonna be about a hundo for the ride. Yep, even a little more as it turns out. Was surprised it popped right up in the app. Usually the big ones require some sort of validation before they process it.

Anyway the best part was I had already planned to visit my Mom later in the day who lives down that way. Not the whole way down but about half way. So I didn't even have to count all the miles on the way back as dead miles.

Score one for the good guys, haha.

Attachments

Papi

Picked up a guy in WeHo, he's got a suitcase so I say I guess we're going to LAX? He says nope, Dana Point!!

Nice guy, in between convo on the way down I'm doing the math in my head and figuring it's gonna be about a hundo for the ride. Yep, even a little more as it turns out. Was surprised it popped right up in the app. Usually the big ones require some sort of validation before they process it.

Anyway the best part was I had already planned to visit my Mom later in the day who lives down that way. Not the whole way down but about half way. So I didn't even have to count all the miles on the way back as dead miles.

Nice. I got one from Reseda to Newport Beach at 2.0x. Than same passanger back to Reseda at regular rate (but took me back home). Total both ways $167.

Noy

Very nice trip!

saucy05

They don't take too much time to post the payout nowadays. I drove to SD from LA and payout popped right after. I suspect they might take time if you cross state lines or get some ungodly amount of surge.

UberLaLa

They take time when the surge is on the passenger's side and a long (expensive) ride, still.

Screwdriver

Sorry to say ... But it's a shame that such a ride happen to y'all x drivers once In a year and a half ...
The rest of the time you're slaving it ...

I give 70-120 bucks rides in average every other day doing select , and my car is paid off

Uber should def raise uber x prices fast !!!

saucy05

Sorry to say ... But it's a shame that such a ride happen to y'all x drivers once In a year and a half ...
The rest of the time you're slaving it ...

I give 70-120 bucks rides in average every other day doing select , and my car is paid off

Uber should def raise uber x prices fast !!!
With regular fare I agree select is a lot better. But with platinum boost I think I will stick with X. A typical select car probably costs double to operate than a Prius when you add gas, insurance, maintenance and depreciation. Don't forget we get a lot more pings than you guys too.

hy1368

No sh1t! I picked up a guy too week ago from ktown with two luggage.I thought the same thing that hes heading to LAX.Turned out hes going to dana poont.60 miles drive and I was on 1.6x incentive at that time.Made only 75 bucks in my share.:smiles::rolleyes::wink:
But I had to put dead miles on my car to back to LA since it was my buddy wedding in afternoon.:rolleyes: