7 ways to get more tips

Ub3r!$t!c

Hey guys, its a-me the uber master back by popular demands to help y'all noobs be successful and get to the promise land. I know it's been a while but I got sick from drinking all the kool aids during NYE and superbowl week so I had to get my stomach pumped. Anyway I'm back to normal now and ready make life changing money with uncle Travis. "OH, YEAAHH!"
  • Put up a sign that say "No tips = 1-star"....pax want to maintain good rating so they can have an easier time getting pick up.
  • Make conversations and talk to your pax so they feel welcome. I recommend topics like politics and religion because those always turn out great for me.
  • Get a nice luxury car....the better the car = the better the tips. Pax really appreciate when they order X and then a Mercedes show up to pick them up at the grocery stores.
  • Offer gums and Voss water bottles so pax can stay refresh during their 2 miles trip.
  • Be professional and get out to open/close doors for your pax.....especially when they're carrying groceries.
  • Allowed pax to bring foods and eat in your car. Pax get really hungry after drinking all night so be understanding.
  • Give compliments to your pax, chicks love to hear how smoking hot/sexy they look.
Those are all I can think of right now but if anybody else have more to add then be my guest.

Last edited:

More Cowbell

Great to see ya back in the saddle Ub3r!$t!c! We've been all lost sheep without your Uber Master kool-aide advice :cool:

Two tricks I use to increase tips are plaster tip signs on every available spot. Currently have 11 signs in car, think I need some more so pax won't miss them.

Another is I grab a squeegee and wash others windows at every red light for tips. Pax get the message & see I'm working it.... And it's a great income stream adding to my side hustle fares.

tripAces

You must at all times make sure to pull out the multitudes of cords hooked to a multi-outlet coming directly off the battery. It is a savor to all those needing to recharge laptops, phones, nose clippers, make a smoothie. Just for all the occasions.

Also I learned from watching one driver on TV to have baggies of weed to sell also. Everyone loves a drug dealer on every corner! Its the America uber model for business.

DN75

I think Uncle Travis was just trying to motivate his driver by calling him out for blaming others for his failings... Ub3r!$t!c I need a fresh batch of kool-aid... I'm running low... Maybe I will pick up Uncle Travis and get some of that Super Sweet Kool-Aid he was spewing at that driver... One can only hope....

UberCadi

You must at all times make sure to pull out the multitudes of cords hooked to a multi-outlet coming directly off the battery. It is a savor to all those needing to recharge laptops, phones, nose clippers, make a smoothie. Just for all the occasions.

Also I learned from watching one driver on TV to have baggies of weed to sell also. Everyone loves a drug dealer on every corner! Its the America uber model for business.
I have a multi-cord hooked to a multi-cord. Also, my rear armrest folds down into a mini ironing board with a battery powered iron for those last minute touch ups on the way to the airport or office.

UberCadi

Ewww. Watch out, be careful.
Plugging a multicord into a multicord creates perpetual energy, and often results in a runaway thermal nuclear meltdown. Poof. Another driver deactivated.
Aaah hell no. I got them babies hooked up to the flux capacitor baby!!

Back to the Future Flux Capacitor USB Car Charger - Compatible with anything that charges via USB (iPhones, smartphones, iPads, tablets, GPSes, etc.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O2KYGQI/?tag=ubne0c-20

steven9401

If I got in that car with the sign. I'll give u a one. That's like asking for tips. I use to do candy water all that PACs are mostly rude leaving trash in the car eat ALL ur stuff like it was dinner. Now they get a cell charger and a clean Honda Accord

Tom B.

I have a combination Rating/Tip sign. I've had many many pax ask me to confirm the possibility of being deactivated if we drop below 4.6. Most honestly don't know that anything below 5 can impact us severely. Not that any of them actually care & will down rate you at the first pothole you hit.

More Cowbell

I talked religion & politics non stop with a pax for a 40 minute ride yesterday. First time ever. And got a $20 tip!

Of course my pax was a Lutheran Pastor flying into town for a religious retreat :smiles:

Tom B.

I had my first semi-political discussion with a female pax who flew into Hobby from Washington DC. Skirted a couple of issues but she didn't push and also gave me a small tip & a 5-star. I figured that could go either way.

UsedToBeAPartner

Before DT became President I had a number of political discussions with my passengers, especially those who were from another Country. The overall consensuses was that the rest of the World considered that what was going on in the current US election cycle made us look like a joke. They were right, of course, and now we have to live with the choice we made. Yes, we. Maybe not me but that does not matter. WE, THE PEOPLE, elected our President.