7 tips for veteran Uber and Lyft drivers to stay motivated and make more money

Cold Fusion

Feb 16th 2020 at 1:00PM

🤣 Are you a veteran Uber and Lyft driver? If so, have you been letting your game slip?

Rideshare drivers, like all other 🤣 workers, have a tendency to get lax after they’ve been in the same job for some time. At first the job is all new and fun, but over time the newness wears off as the grind sets in.

At first, drivers are full of energy and enthusiasm and determined to be the best driver there ever was. 🤣They keep their cars spotless🤣, they’re kind and polite to every passenger, they load up on water and snacks for their passengers, and they may even open the door for riders.

Last edited:

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Very few customers will even take a bottle?

Uhh...

Very few will take them WITH THEM , or drink any sizable amount of water.

Leaving over half full bottles or bottles that have barely had any drank?

Yeah that happens a lot.

Set specific goals: This is key. You have to have goals to know what you’re shooting for. If you don’t have goals you’ll go out to drive, earn $50, decide that’s enough for the day and you’ll head home. But if you had a goal of, say, earning $150 a day, then you’ll have a reason to stay out even when you don’t feel like it. In this scenario you would have earned three times as much if you had set a $150 goal and stuck to it.

Uhh no...

If it's not going well don't stick it out for nothing, but if it's going great stay out no matter how much over your goal you've earned.

I work MORE SHIFTS when the business is good. A good week? 4 shifts and $700+ earned. A bad week? $100 and one day.

Cold Fusion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That should be an article on The Onion.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Agreed.
dumb ass tips🙃
  • Exercise: dumb🤣
  • Be respectful: big time dumb🤣
  • Clean cars: drivers don’t even wear clean underoos 😅
  • Set Goals: bwahahaha what are those 🤣
  • Rideshare insurance: e·pit·o·me of dumb🤣
  • Have a schedule: are they kidding, most drivers can’t button a shirt 😂
  • Take Breaks: From what, begging for tips, farting ?😂

Last edited:

Mkang14

"Respect your passengers: I know by now, as a veteran driver, you’ve had plenty of terrible passengers who have left a bad taste in your mouth. You can’t let these negative experiences affect the way you treat each new passenger.

Believe me, this will help your ratings and earnings more than anything else."

I knew this would cause an uproar 😭. Hes trying to teach how to be a decent human lessons.

Pretty sure every driver understands: angry bad, happy good. Mr. "believe me" isn't making anyone feel any different. But A for effort 😃👍🏆.

And bottle of water? Come on guy 🤦‍♀️

Dekero

What would u call a group of Adults that consciously & deliberately chose
to destroy their personal vehicles for below minimum wage?
I assure you I make much better than minimum wage, the day that happens I'll stop.

As for this story.... Good points but as for it being for veterans.... Please you wanna give me advice... Give a detailed description on how to shuffle idiots.... And why grocery store pick ups are a no no...

Otherwise shove your advice up your backside ..

arcterus

What would u call a group of Adults that consciously & deliberately chose
to destroy their personal vehicles for below minimum wage?
Hey, I own a small cab company and drive for a living. You'll get no argument from me about what Uber drivers actually are.

I just can't believe that an article would come out openly demeaning "veteran" Uber drivers.

Cold Fusion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This guy is at best, an Uber Thrall.
He may be a Cab driver
since he didn’t comment on driver Personal Hygiene, purpose of toilet paper nor deodorant usage.
IDK 🤷🏻‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

Otherwise shove your advice up your backside ..
Why play the coward, send your “constructive advice” directly to the author👍
let it all hang out, brother

Last edited:

Cabledawg

Yall are truly a tad pessimistic. I keep waters and these snacks. https://www.samsclub.com/p/mm-fruit-snack-100-ct/prod21471600?xid=plp_product_1_3
The waters cost $.12 each and the snacks cost $.09 each. I go through 4-5 waters in an evening and 4-5 snacks for a total cost to me of about $1.10. My tips did go up when I made the switch. It is a no brainer to have snacks for me because I enjoy money.

Dekero

Yall are truly a tad pessimistic. I keep waters and these snacks. https://www.samsclub.com/p/mm-fruit-snack-100-ct/prod21471600?xid=plp_product_1_3
The waters cost $.12 each and the snacks cost $.09 each. I go through 4-5 waters in an evening and 4-5 snacks for a total cost to me of about $1.10. My tips did go up when I made the switch. It is a no brainer to have snacks for me because I enjoy money.
It's a taxi.... If they want food and drink... I'll stop at a damn 7-11.... I'm not a mini Mart and don't plan on becoming one at $.65 a mile...

Glad it works for you... But I assure you I get plenty of tips without the headache....

Ubertool

🤣 Are you a veteran Uber and Lyft driver? If so, have you been letting your game slip?

Rideshare drivers, like all other 🤣 workers, have a tendency to get lax after they’ve been in the same job for some time. At first the job is all new and fun, but over time the newness wears off as the grind sets in.

At first, drivers are full of energy and enthusiasm and determined to be the best driver there ever was. 🤣They keep their cars spotless🤣, they’re kind and polite to every passenger, they load up on water and snacks for their passengers, and they may even open the door for riders.

They are kind and polite to passengers , the rest of what they suggest I have never done and earn the same as when I started 3 yrs ago , well except for the pay cuts , my 2 rules: drop pax safe at their destination and try to be polite to the douchbags , 2 Nd rule is getting harder to follow as I usually just boot the ride pax to the curb then savage them to rhohit immediately .
Post automatically merged:

Rude pax

Cabledawg

It's a taxi.... If they want food and drink... I'll stop at a damn 7-11.... I'm not a mini Mart and don't plan on becoming one at $.65 a mile...

Glad it works for you... But I assure you I get plenty of tips without the headache....
I was also getting plenty of tips without it.....now I get way more. This headache you speak of is throwing a case of waters on the bottom of my cart at Sam's Club while I'm already there. I am glad there are drivers who do the bare minimum. It makes me look better and increases my tips. Keep doing what you're doing.....do I owe you anything?

Ubertool

I was also getting plenty of tips without it.....now I get way more. This headache you speak of is throwing a case of waters on the bottom of my cart at Sam's Club while I'm already there. I am glad there are drivers who do the bare minimum. It makes me look better and increases my tips. Keep doing what you're doing.....do I owe you anything?
🤮🤮🤮 that’s cute, ahh to be A newbie again

ggrezzi

PAY A FAIR SHARE OF THE CAKE AND ALL OF THE DRIVERS WILL BE TOP NOTCH, I SWEAR!