.65 cents a mile in Phoenix...anytime now! WE need to do something!!!

If Uber drop the rates to .65 cents a mile, will you quit as a driver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SEAL Team 5

I see where you're coming from, but for the some of the people you mentioned, its the only resort for an income!
That's one aspect I don't understand, many of you Uber drivers talk like you've been driving For Uber for 10 years or more. Most of the people driving for Uber have been driving for less then a year. What business were you guys in before you started driving? Did you drive for Discount or Yellow? Did you drive for Transtyle or Driver Provider? I have no empathy for anyone who's been driving for Uber, you have been in many violations of State Laws and Regulations, you have been dishonest with your insurance companies. Which in turn has caused a significant raise in the commercial rates. Which my company has been paying on for 14 years. All you guys just jumped into a situation without any knowledge of what you were jumping into. I have yet to see any Uber driver with a Weights and Measures Decal on their rear windshield. I can't wait till March 1st, that will be the start of judgement day. In many of my post, I do warn of what's to come. All of Uber's competition (not talking about Lyft) has been in the ears of many politicians for the past 18 months. If you think lower rates by Uber was a concern, wait till you get hit with fines and fees for not complying. I sure hope this is not your "only resort".

backstreets-trans

Uber is just another ponzi scheme slash pyramid scheme. You make the most money by conning your friends and family. Obama bragged about auto sales last night but that's just a byproduct of the uber scam. Thousands bought new cars for this gig and the shat will hit the fan soon. We should start a repo business because demand should be through the roof.

LZO

True, it is a big difference from 2014 to 2015 when I bought my new car. I bought my 14 Camry in 2014 when asked how I would be paying for it I told them I drove for UBER and showed them $1500 a week deposits (when the getting was good) they were like sure ok no problem. Fast forward to one year later bought a 2014 car again this time they asked how you going to pay for I told them first about Uber not wanting to put down my new job and they immediately told me they no longer finance anyone who drives for UBER or any other rideshare business. That was more then one dealer that told me that. So a lot of drivers got lucky getting new cars but now I do see that a lot will be losing them soon if they don't move on like I did.

yoyodyne

So, as most of you have already seen, Detroit rates are only .30 cents a mile and most markets fashion below .80 cents a mile which means we're on the verge of .65 cents a mile conundrum. My question, what do we do? Do we sit around and kindly take it up the butt or do we stand the ****kk up and make some noise? We need a united front...we need to make a statement, and we do need to do this very quickly. If you're a pessimist and defeatist, please do not reply to my thread, I need suggestions, questions, and concerns from real leaders who honestly have some sort of ideas on what we need to do about this dilemma.
After NYE, the media isn't looking to take our side on anything right now.

ArsenalGunner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's one aspect I don't understand, many of you Uber drivers talk like you've been driving For Uber for 10 years or more. Most of the people driving for Uber have been driving for less then a year. What business were you guys in before you started driving? Did you drive for Discount or Yellow? Did you drive for Transtyle or Driver Provider? I have no empathy for anyone who's been driving for Uber, you have been in many violations of State Laws and Regulations, you have been dishonest with your insurance companies. Which in turn has caused a significant raise in the commercial rates. Which my company has been paying on for 14 years. All you guys just jumped into a situation without any knowledge of what you were jumping into. I have yet to see any Uber driver with a Weights and Measures Decal on their rear windshield. I can't wait till March 1st, that will be the start of judgement day. In many of my post, I do warn of what's to come. All of Uber's competition (not talking about Lyft) has been in the ears of many politicians for the past 18 months. If you think lower rates by Uber was a concern, wait till you get hit with fines and fees for not complying. I sure hope this is not your "only resort".
Blah blah blah! You're going on this rant fair enough but to me it sounds like you're butt hurt because someone else out there is making money. Who cares if your rates are up? I, and a lot of other hard working folks saw an opportunity with uber and we jumped on it. Don't worry about my only resort, I, along with every other uber driver will just be FINE! Now, kick rocks!

SEAL Team 5

Blah blah blah! You're going on this rant fair enough but to me it sounds like you're butt hurt because someone else out there is making money. Who cares if your rates are up? I, and a lot of other hard working folks saw an opportunity with uber and we jumped on it. Don't worry about my only resort, I, along with every other uber driver will just be FINE! Now, kick rocks!
"Because someone else out there is making money", Who? Reading these post it seems like you're all going bankrupt. I like your profile from Jan 4, 2016 "...k Uber". Just so you know, I'm not ranting. Just trying to give advice so maybe another driver doesn't end up like the guy who struck the woman on the 101. I'm pretty sure he's going to get screwed.

ArsenalGunner

"Because someone else out there is making money", Who? Reading these post it seems like you're all going bankrupt. I like your profile from Jan 4, 2016 "...k Uber". Just so you know, I'm not ranting. Just trying to give advice so maybe another driver doesn't end up like the guy who struck the woman on the 101. I'm pretty sure he's going to get screwed.
Well obviously, not only uber drivers are hurting right now, you are too as a limo/livery driver. I know for a fact all cab companies are hurting as well. Please don't get it twisted, I will state on and for the record that I despise uber and everything they stand for its just that I can't stand dudes like you running their mouth and pointing fingers at regular folks trying to make a quick buck.

taxisuper

Well obviously, not only uber drivers are hurting right now, you are too as a limo/livery driver. I know for a fact all cab companies are hurting as well. Please don't get it twisted, I will state on and for the record that I despise uber and everything they stand for its just that I can't stand dudes like you running their mouth and pointing fingers at regular folks trying to make a quick buck.
You would do well to listen to Seal Team 5 and the precious few others on here that know what they're talking about. They are trying to make you aware of the fact that come March 1 you are piggy banks with a target on your back. The cops are going to be looking hard for violations. As for those of us driving for cab or limo companies, let me assure we have being do it for a long while, know how to make money and are doing just fine. Uber wants you all to think they control the market. News flash - they don't.

ArsenalGunner

You would do well to listen to Seal Team 5 and the precious few others on here that know what they're talking about. They are trying to make you aware of the fact that come March 1 you are piggy banks with a target on your back. The cops are going to be looking hard for violations. As for those of us driving for cab or limo companies, let me assure we have being do it for a long while, know how to make money and are doing just fine. Uber wants you all to think they control the market. News flash - they don't.
There's a fine line between a real leader giving out advise and obnoxious troll trying to point fingers! Don't blame me or other uber drivers for wanting to make extra cash on our free time, blame uber for flooding and ruining your(cab/limo drivers) careers. Correction on your statement, again I do not mean to advocate for uber but they do control the market as it stands. This is a proven fact!

SEAL Team 5

That's my point exactly. You're not trying to make a quick buck, you're commercial driving. And according to this state, you're commercial driving illegally. Which does hurt the long standing companies. And trust me, my clients are not the Uber X type. If you want to make a quick buck, have a garage sale. In the last 4 months, I've acquired 2 Uber X drivers to drive for our company. I use this forum for information and recruiting. I do apologize if I offended you.

ArsenalGunner

That's my point exactly. You're not trying to make a quick buck, you're commercial driving. And according to this state, you're commercial driving illegally. Which does hurt the long standing companies. And trust me, my clients are not the Uber X type. If you want to make a quick buck, have a garage sale. In the last 4 months, I've acquired 2 Uber X drivers to drive for our company. I use this forum for information and recruiting. I do apologize if I offended you.
You do not need to apologize, good sir! I'm good.
I want you to know and I hope you already know this, most uber drivers are not your typical cabbies. Most of em' never even driven a taxi or limo before and uber is just an extra buck on their free time. We are the victims here and you should blame uber and ridesharing companies and not myself and other uber drives. Correct me if I wrong, hows uber worth 60 odd billions if they're running an illegal business? Unethical yes, but illegal? How are you blaming me for wanting to make an extra cash on the weekends? I mean this was good when the rates were better, I paid off my lexus doing uber on the weekends. As you know now, this is not the case anymore.

SEAL Team 5

You do not need to apologize, good sir! I'm good.
I want you to know and I hope you already know this, most uber drivers are not your typical cabbies. Most of em' never even driven a taxi or limo before and uber is just an extra buck on their free time. We are the victims here and you should blame uber and ridesharing companies and not myself and other uber drives. Correct me if I wrong, hows uber worth 60 odd billions if they're running an illegal business? Unethical yes, but illegal? How are you blaming me for wanting to make an extra cash on the weekends? I mean this was good when the rates were better, I paid off my lexus doing uber on the weekends. As you know now, this is not the case anymore.
I don't know about other states, but here in Arizona the law states, the registered owner of the vehicle is responsible for the use of that vehicle. And the operator, even if not the registered owner, whom is in care, custody and control of that vehicle is responsible. Uber has no stake in your business, because they don't own the vehicle. I would never blame a man for wanting to make extra money, I encourage good work ethics. However, when it comes to commercial driving there are rules and regulations that you MUST follow or pay the consequences.

ArsenalGunner

I don't know about other states, but here in Arizona the law states, the registered owner of the vehicle is responsible for the use of that vehicle. And the operator, even if not the registered owner, whom is in care, custody and control of that vehicle is responsible. Uber has no stake in your business, because they don't own the vehicle. I would never blame a man for wanting to make extra money, I encourage good work ethics. However, when it comes to commercial driving there are rules and regulations that you MUST follow or pay the consequences.
Well, can't wait for the day uber goes under!

Correct me if I wrong, hows uber worth 60 odd billions if they're running an illegal business? Unethical yes, but illegal?
Uber is not running an illegal business, they are running an unregulated business. According to them, Uber isnt a taxi company, and its not even a ridesharing company. Uber says they are a software company. All of the liability is on the contractors shoulders. Thats why they are valued so high. They have all the profit but none of the liability. States have been slowly catching up to the technology and passing laws regulating Uber's contractors. Sometimes Uber goes along...sometimes they dont. Last May I went to San Antonio and was shocked that Uber didnt work there because they did not want to comply with the regulations

ArsenalGunner

Uber is not running an illegal business, they are running an unregulated business. According to them, Uber isnt a taxi company, and its not even a ridesharing company. Uber says they are a software company. All of the liability is on the contractors shoulders. Thats why they are valued so high. They have all the profit but none of the liability. States have been slowly catching up to the technology and passing laws regulating Uber's contractors. Sometimes Uber goes along...sometimes they dont. Last May I went to San Antonio and was shocked that Uber didnt work there because they did not want to comply with the regulations
Sounds like they found a loophole and they're milking the heck out of it. Good for them. I'll say again, I can't wait for the day they go under!

Sounds like they found a loophole and they're milking the heck out of it. Good for them. I'll say again, I can't wait for the day they go under!
Absolutely they are. Its the same thing that happened to an oil rig in north dakota that exploded and killed some people. The company that owned the rig leased it to a management company that hired independant contractprs to supervise its safety standards. When it exploded, they found out that safety wasnt checked out but the big co wasnt liable for the damages cause it used a management co who in turn wasnt liable because they used a contractor. So the family of the dead workers didnt get a dime

SanPedroLover

LOL @ Taxi/Livery drivers butt-hurt about Uber/Lyft taking their business. That's how it goes. Also gotta laugh at the fear-mongering of Uber/Lyft drivers being "targets" and "piggy banks" to the police haha. Like they have nothing more important to worry about and they are going to be out in droves just hunting down Uber drivers. Some of you guys should go work for the mainstream media.

As myself and many of my Uber/Lyft clients have said...Adapt & survive or die.

SEAL Team 5

Perfectly stated. Thank you for this statement. I must quote you "They have all the profit but none of the liability". Very very good insight WickedDjango. You must be an old school driver. Good luck in 16 and stay safe!!!

SEAL Team 5

Absolutely they are. Its the same thing that happened to an oil rig in north dakota that exploded and killed some people. The company that owned the rig leased it to a management company that hired independant contractprs to supervise its safety standards. When it exploded, they found out that safety wasnt checked out but the big co wasnt liable for the damages cause it used a management co who in turn wasnt liable because they used a contractor. So the family of the dead workers didnt get a dime
Great reference on how the responsibility is passed down. Uber knows their drivers can't afford to hire a litigator if civil action is brought against them. Your statement of "all the profit, no risk" should be Uber's catch phrase.

Jiggie

I don't understand Uber's business model. They are competitively priced as is, they should be focusing on marketing and advertising. I have yet to have a single person ever complain or make mention that Uber's prices are high (Aside from Surge) and the cure for that is to get more drivers on the road, which is to raise rates to entice new drives, not drop them when they are already the cheapest and push drivers away.