.65 cents a mile in Phoenix...anytime now! WE need to do something!!!

If Uber drop the rates to .65 cents a mile, will you quit as a driver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArsenalGunner

So, as most of you have already seen, Detroit rates are only .30 cents a mile and most markets fashion below .80 cents a mile which means we're on the verge of .65 cents a mile conundrum. My question, what do we do? Do we sit around and kindly take it up the butt or do we stand the @@@@kk up and make some noise? We need a united front...we need to make a statement, and we do need to do this very quickly. If you're a pessimist and defeatist, please do not reply to my thread, I need suggestions, questions, and concerns from real leaders who honestly have some sort of ideas on what we need to do about this dilemma.

Last edited:

Teksaz

I'm trying to move on. I can't make this work at $0.90/mile much less $0.65/mile.

Unfortunately, Phx. doesn't have much of a presence here on the forum, so your guess is as good as mine as far as what to do, but I agree, something needs to be done. Phx. needs to make some noise like other markets here on the forums, (Vegas, Houston, and NJ) to name a few.

For me, do what ever I have to do to get as far away from Uber as possible. After I find something else, I will give one ride a month just to stay active on the platform until the lawsuits are settled.

cleansafepolite

Lets start with the basics and compile a list of journalists and contact information. City and state officials. GREAT..but what do we tell them if we get a chance to talk to any of them.
We need some sort of chart or sheet explaining the math and how our welfare is effected. Lastly we need more than 5 people, to speak up. Ill do my best with the contact info..recruiting is going to be the hardest. Also we should not post our plans here, Private mesages would be best.

ArsenalGunner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm trying to move on. I can't make this work at $0.90/mile much less $0.65/mile.

Unfortunately, Phx. doesn't have much of a presence here on the forum, so your guess is as good as mine as far as what to do, but I agree, something needs to be done. Phx. needs to make some noise like other markets here on the forums, (Vegas, Houston, and NJ) to name a few.

For me, do what ever I have to do to get as far away from Uber as possible. After I find something else, I will give one ride a month just to stay active on the platform until the lawsuits are settled.
I say we start by getting the word out about this site. If you have friends or family members who drive for uber, tell them to tune in to this site. I've already started positing on social media and in the process of doing a Craiglist ad.

Note: I'm not affiliated with uberpeople.net. I just think its a great way to have a united front so that we can share ideas and ways to get whats ours from uber.

backstreets-trans

Well I'm protesting by not working. Uber is the most predatory company I've seen. I just can't believe people are working at 90 cents per mile. I've followed the Detroit rates and 30 cents is outrageous. I'm going to be overjoyed when Uber implodes and goes out of business. It's time for everyone to move on and look for a better job.

cleansafepolite

We need as many people on this forum to know what we're up to whether they're affiliated with uber or not. There's no way they can verify who we are.
Not true, if they will be in the inner circle they need to be verified, and not pro uber in thier posts, we may even start a closed Facebook group by invite only. If we knew anyone with a computer science background that would be great as well.

ArsenalGunner

Well I'm protesting by not working. Uber is the most predatory company I've seen. I just can't believe people are working at 90 cents per mile. I've followed the Detroit rates and 30 cents is outrageous. I'm going to be overjoyed when Uber implodes and goes out of business. It's time for everyone to move on and look for a better job.
I'm sorry but this is not good enough. There are folks out there that do uber because they do not have any other alternatives as far as jobs go. I mean, I'm all happy for you for sounding like you got another gig but what about everyone else? Please try and contribute to this cause. Thanks in advance!

ArsenalGunner

Not true, if they will be in the inner circle they need to be verified, and not pro uber in thier posts, we may even start a closed Facebook group by invite only. If we knew anyone with a computer science background that would be great as well.
So you're telling me there are drivers on this forum or any forum for that matter, who are willing to work for .65 cents a mile?
I have a very good friend who works in I.T that I can talk to. What will he need to do?

cleansafepolite

So you're telling me there are drivers on this forum or any forum for that matter, who are willing to work for .65 cents a mile?
I have a very good friend who works in I.T that I can talk to. What will he need to do?
Security, and comunications set up for the IT. as for recruiting we need to be some what selective, the element of surprize can not be underestimated, especially when using coordinated attacks.

backstreets-trans

One of the main problems is Phoenix is full of retired people whose car is paid for and are doing this just to get out of the house. I've talked to many who are having fun meeting people and are driving just for something to do.

ArsenalGunner

You could get commercial plates and a weights and measures tag. Do your own livery business. You can start it for under $500. This will be a tough road getting business with Uber being so cheap.
This is not an option especially as you've already stated, since uber rates are too low.

ArsenalGunner

One of the main problems is Phoenix is full of retired people whose car is paid for and are doing this just to get out of the house. I've talked to many who are having fun meeting people and are driving just for something to do.
This can be problematic unless, of course, these old bastards would like to be part of a revolution.

Teksaz

I posted this in another thread today. I'll share with you as well, why I'm done with this F ed up company.

ALL of my pax today SHOULD have taken the short bus and a few actually needed helmets. I'm assuming the short bus doesn't roll on Sundays.

Here's my Sunday and I'm not making fun of anyone.

1 blind lady with three kids
2 mentally disadvantaged. (Someone REALLY should have been with them, TRUTH)
1 older lady that went to get her lottery tickets. lol
1 cute college chick from church
1 cancel (no show) Best ride of the day LOL

The above at $0.90/mile. I'm scared to death what $0.65/mile will bring out of the wood work. Hopefully I'll be done with these arseholes soon.

Just a side: I'm right in the middle of all the action of the College Football National Championship, and not one ride to or from all the action.

I guess I'm in the Uber Dog House after opting out on Friday, so I came home and am having some cold beers.

Here's my Sunday and F U Goober.

OH, and I almost forgot... my rating took a huge hit. From 4.81 to 4.67 for the day. Nothing like letting @@@@@@s rate you. LOL Good job Goober

Screenshot_2016-01-10-15-00-47.png

Screenshot_2016-01-10-15-00-31.png

Last edited:

maxista

If this thread can generate some kind of plan, I'd be willing to participate. We're clearly into a territory where the conditions of this job are no longer acceptable. 65 cents a mile is insane.

cleansafepolite

If this thread can generate some kind of plan, I'd be willing to participate. We're clearly into a territory where the conditions of this job are no longer acceptable. 65 cents a mile is insane.
I can tell you right now it looks like its gonna be a skeleton crew. If you are sincere we could use some help. Me im not so good with words, could you help write up a proffesional letter to the media. With a few points.
1. Why is what uber is doing soo bad.
2.Why do we as drivers have absolutely zero notable mention in any news?
3. Could you explain the math involved in this death trap.
4. Ultimately, if we could have what we want what would it be.
something like this.
Help out a little bit with this, I will handle finding addresses and contact points to mail it to. Im not in charge..or as i like to say..im not humping this sheep im just holding its legs.

cleansafepolite

I posted this in another thread today. I'll share with you as well, why I'm done with this F ed up company.

ALL of my pax today SHOULD have taken the short bus and a few actually needed helmets. I'm assuming the short bus doesn't roll on Sundays.

Here's my Sunday and I'm not making fun of anyone.

1 blind lady with three kids
2 mentally disadvantaged. (Someone REALLY should have been with them, TRUTH)
1 older lady that went to get her lottery tickets. lol
1 cute college chick from church
1 cancel (no show) Best ride of the day LOL

The above at $0.90/mile. I'm scared to death what $0.65/mile will bring out of the wood work. Hopefully I'll be done with these arseholes soon.

Just a side: I'm right in the middle of all the action of the College Football National Championship, and not one ride to or from all the action.

I guess I'm in the Uber Dog House after opting out on Friday, so I came home and am having some cold beers.

Here's my Sunday and F U Goober.

OH, and I almost forgot... my rating took a huge hit. From 4.81 to 4.67 for the day. Nothing like letting @@@@@@s rate you. LOL Good job Goober

View attachment 23263
View attachment 23264
not too shabby of a run, not many big gaps between rides. Looks like some straight driving, you didnt get paid right but you certainly were efficient. I wish i could do that for 8 hours every day with my rides so close together time wise..me i work 12 hours and some hours no rides, some hours 1 ride.