• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

6 am and so many drivers! Why do I even bother getting up?!

UberXTampa

Same thing for me. Wherever I go, there are more cars than what uber can display on the rider app. Even driver referral fee implies there are too many because it is only $100.00 to refer a driver.

captainalex

Its the life we've chosen. Uber recruits heavily. They couldn't care less that an area is saturated. Their business model is to make money they don't care who makes it for them!
Success is your ability to roll with these periods of saturation. Remember every time you recruit a driver you are recruiting competition!
STOP IT!!

CommanderXL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its the life we've chosen. Uber recruits heavily. They couldn't care less that an area is saturated. Their business model is to make money they don't care who makes it for them!
Success is your ability to roll with these periods of saturation. Remember every time you recruit a driver you are recruiting competition!
STOP IT!!
Well, hopefully they will all be smarter than me (or at least have other, better options) and un-choose this life soon! Smh

Don't worry I'm beginning to realize this job probably has super high turnover so there will probably be ups and downs when it comes to the amounts of drivers. The idiotic ratings system should at least help with that

naplestom75

STOP IT!!
It's pretty obvious their business model right now isn't necessarily to make money. A more accurate description is "aquire as many riders, drivers" and " log as many rides" as possible

It's pretty obvious their business model right now isn't necessarily to make money. A more accurate description is "aquire as many riders, drivers" and " log as many rides" as possible
You mean there business model isn't to make "us" money. More drivers means less missed requests, which means more money for the company. They couldn't care less about the drivers who sit out there and waste time making no money due to oversaturation, because they don't have to pay us for that time.

captainalex

You mean there business model isn't to make "us" money. More drivers means less missed requests, which means more money for the company. They couldn't care less about the drivers who sit out there and waste time making no money due to oversaturation, because they don't have to pay us for that time.
EXACTLY!

Warren40

Get used to it, in NYC Uber has flooded the market with 23,000 new cars on the road. They have actually devalued the Yellow NYC Medallion TAXIs to the point that there are 13,500 Medallions that were once selling for $850,000 each are now worthless thanks to Uber. There are so many cars on the road they are killing it for their own drivers. They dont care they are a multinational corporation. As long as they take their cut from someone they are all good.

naplestom75

Yes. I recognised that existed within their model the day I signed up

Free enterprise-capitalism- im driving sparingly just to maintain my status-all those drivers that want to do this full time and make full time money -no way -not now -people will get culled naturally - drop out -im sure some people r making good money -not everyone

Txchick

STOP IT!!
Correct!! Don't understand why drivers to that.

Theres nothing wrong with helping someone get a job- what will be will be - there is always good money and work for people who want to work-

Txchick

Theres nothing wrong with helping someone get a job- what will be will be - there is always good money and work for people who want to work-
Your one misquote in your statement..uber & job. Why would you add competition to a market u drive in?? Love to take money out of your pay??

Last edited:

I never have referred anyone -dont think it is wrong-i work in med field long hours-as much as i want -i am a good driver and like to drive-its easy -
The money is always there -u just got to get into the zone grasshopper

WillowHannigan

Wtf are all these drivers doing in South Tampa at 6am? This used to be a good time for me but I guess that's over.

View attachment 12036
Could you educate a fairly new driver? How do you find out how many drivers are on the road at a certain time. I have never seen what is in your screenshot. Is that from a iphone, or does that matter? I have never seen more than different colors on my maps.

CommanderXL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could you educate a fairly new driver? How do you find out how many drivers are on the road at a certain time. I have never seen what is in your screenshot. Is that from a iphone, or does that matter? I have never seen more than different colors on my maps.
It's from the passenger app, not the driver app. It shows the closest 8 drivers to you but if you move the pin around you'll see even more cars. The driver app will only show you your car.