1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

$6 airport quest brings all the ants to the yard

Discussion in 'Stories' started by HotUberMess, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Titan

Titan

I fly into Dallas Love Field all the time. What I do is take the free Dart Bus to the first stop off the airport across from the Shell Station.
    I request Uber or Lyft from the Shell Station bypassing the airport pickup fee :) This also bypasses you all waiting in the Que ( sorry ) and gives my fare to some lucky Uber / Lyft Driver as I'm headed to a far off destination ;)

2. PioneerXi

PioneerXi

World busiest single runway airport in the world, San Diego.

1800 the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

D309DF6A-458B-4232-8A69-97B9FB956CCA.png

3. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

If an ant makes a wrong turn exiting he might be stuck there for days.

HotUberMess and Travisbickle89 like this.
  4. Travisbickle89

Travisbickle89

Driving:
    UberX
    Gonna hafta remember you

5. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    It's not about the airport trip, it's a chance for drivers to throw all their trash on the ground and urinating on it as a gesture of respect and honor

6. corniilius

corniilius

Driving:
    UberX
    FTS I'm perfectly fine at my honey hole, thank you very much.

HotUberMess likes this.
  7. JimKE

JimKE

Say what you like, I'd much rather pee on the ground than use the elegant Executive Lounges there!

I actually go to the Rental Car Center instead, because bus exhaust fumes are an improvement over the TNC lot.

8. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Name a better place where you can get all the hepatitis letters

HotUberMess likes this.
  9. I don’t think there is a single middle eastern driver in Miami so imagine a Latino accent for that 425 que

Matthew Thomas and HotUberMess like this.
  10. Ashoor

Ashoor

That does seem like a lot but if you think about it, DFW is the fourth busiest airport in the US (and top 10 or so in the world) with some 65 million passengers a year. Based on that alone, these queues should move quickly.

But I live in Toronto and never been to Dallas (although had a layover in DFW once)

11. Christinebitg

Christinebitg

Driving:
    UberX
    Just keep in mind, there are a lot of passengers making connections at DFW. None of those will be looking for Uber or Lyft.

JimKE likes this.
  12. And... At the other end of Florida from the HotUberMess... I give you Pensacola.

Attached Files:

13. DrinkSoda

DrinkSoda

Driving:
    UberX
    ORD on a Friday night...

Attached Files:

14. Yam Digger

Yam Digger

Driving:
    UberX
    Here in Toronto, we call the Pearson staging lot The ****ter.

And it’s been “Full” 24/7 for a few weeks now. Even at 2 in the morning with no flights expected soon. Lot capacity is 150 cars.

I suspect allot of drivers are actually living out of their cars there.

F1E6AF91-05CA-4248-9A11-C25D2C6D01BC.png

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Ziggy, Ashoor and mrpjfresh like this.
  15. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh

Driving:
    UberX
    Hey now. Airport queue size doesn't matter! I would think someone driving in a market with the airport code PNS should know this!

JimKE, Aw Jeez, kdyrpr and 1 other person like this.
  16. mrpjfresh joked:
    (Sigh) It's true, we here in Pensacola have a pretty small PNS queue. But we sure know how to use it! And I suppose there are those in the country who have PNS envy...

17. If there are >300 people in queue, how long does it take for you number get reached when your position 300?

18. JimKE

JimKE

It's gonna vary widely, depending on day of week and time of day. I've seen the Miami queue move at 10 rides per minute (so 30 minutes at 300). I've gone in the queue when it was 50-60 many times and gotten a ride in 5-7 minutes.

And I've seen it move at 1 per minute or less. :eek:

I used to time the queue to see how it was moving, but our queue is so fraudulent these days I don't even bother. It was 16-20 and surging a little yesterday afternoon and I was within 10 minutes of the airport, but just went elsewhere.

iDriveuThrive likes this.
  19. Über needs to be capped!they are out of control all the way around!

20. TBone

TBone

Thats crazy numbers. In Columbus, its usually 55 UberX, 15 Selects, 15 XL's, and less than 5 Black