1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

$6 airport quest brings all the ants to the yard

Discussion in 'Stories' started by HotUberMess, Nov 25, 2018.

1. JimKE

JimKE

I believe we (Miami) won with 380. The highest I'd seen it previously was 310 last year. We have so many ants they had to double the size of the ant bed.

2. crowuber

crowuber

Houston airport at any given time! Behold, the worst city in the market for Uber! Beat that, hot shot!

Attached Files:

HotUberMess and Cableguynoe like this.
  3. JimKE

JimKE

380 is roughly 90 more than 290, hot shot!

HotUberMess and Uber's Guber like this.
  4. crowuber

crowuber

But, wasn' t that just one time? Houston is at 290 almost 24/7, that's why it's so incredible.

HotUberMess likes this.
  5. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt? Author

Driving:
    UberX
    Pretty laid back here in ADL at the moment.

I might head out there and do some burnouts and donuts and liven the joint up a bit :)

I just read the qualifying statement at the base of the screen.
    I may not be eligible to join the queue of none!

IMG_5977.PNG

6. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

This is right now, normal for MCO daytime

77003532-936D-4650-9E65-060716084692.jpeg

7. TomH

TomH

Wow! I thought 100 Uberx in Vegas was bad.

8. JimKE

JimKE

No. We're usually in the high 200's. We're at 186-190 right now and it's 830 PM and no flights coming in.

Orlando is also very busy.

But there is a big difference between Orlando and Miami and Dallas and Houston. Orlando and Miami are major destination airports. Dallas and Houston are airports with a ton of connecting flights, so you don't have as many pax leaving the airport and looking for rides as we do.

A queue of 300 at Miami could only be 30 minutes during peak tourist season around mid/late afternoon when there are a lot of arriving flights. And I suspect the MCO (Orlando) queue also moves very quickly at times.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    New2This and Travisbickle89 like this.
  9. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    We've had over 300 at IAH. I don't have a screenshot though. The lot isn't that nice, either.

10. Idk if anyone posted Miami over 400, but here it is. Took that screenshot cause I mean, what?

Attached Files:

11. Ok...so here's what it looks like in Providence, RI right now. Lol.... We never get more than 30 - 35 in a queue. Ever!

Attached Files:

12. KenLV

KenLV

Sure, but it holds a bunch of guys with 20 phones each for their buddies who are out catching Lyft rides!

HotUberMess likes this.
  13. I don't get it. Why would anyone enter a queue with that many drivers in it? How long does it take to clear out 400 drivers, even in a big airport? Granted, I drive UberX, and I'm iniMinneapolis so the queue never gets bigger than maybe 70. But I don't even think of driving to the airport unless the queue is 1-5 in which case I'll get a request when I get within a couple miles of the airport. Better to take rides that are close to me NOW.

14. I assure you I didn’t go. $6 wouldn’t pay for the time I waste getting the pick up done. MIA is a train wreck sometimes and arrivals is always worse than departures.

15. Who in their right minds still wait at the airport?? Just to get a ride 20 minutes away for 14 dollars omg thats lime an ant farm.. so glad im a full timer lol

HotUberMess likes this.
  16. Travisbickle89

Travisbickle89

Driving:
    UberX

Now that is some freaking food for thought.

17. Matthew Thomas

Matthew Thomas

Driving:
    UberX
    In an arabian accent....

18. dauction

dauction

Hey HUM.... Is that really a lot of drivers CONSIDERING .. that there are roughly 117,808.219178 Passengers at MCO every day ? 43 Million Passengers a year/365 ..

....Just trying to get perspective...everyone getting rides? What is Average the WAIT TIME for a ride?

19. kbrown

kbrown

I can't believe that it takes so little to get so many people to a place where you're wasting the most time and likely to make less money overall. No wonder why Uber gives drivers continual rate cuts. They are laughing their *sses off because they know drivers are willing to accept so little. Airports at Thanksgiving are always a no-no for me. The only way I'd do it is if they paid me an additional $25 on top of whatever I made, and pre-charged and pre-paid me in case the rider cancels while I'm fighting the traffic to get to them.

I live in DC, and right now, our main airport is undergoing construction, so it leaves like 2 ways in and 2 ways out.... and the second way in is a bit out of the way, so most people fight to get into the airport through one way. It really is a clusterf*** where I'm at, so a $6 crumb ain't gonna move me towards wasting my time and day.