• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

$6 airport quest brings all the ants to the yard

JimKE

But, wasn' t that just one time? Houston is at 290 almost 24/7, that's why it's so incredible.
No. We're usually in the high 200's. We're at 186-190 right now and it's 830 PM and no flights coming in.

Orlando is also very busy.

But there is a big difference between Orlando and Miami and Dallas and Houston. Orlando and Miami are major destination airports. Dallas and Houston are airports with a ton of connecting flights, so you don't have as many pax leaving the airport and looking for rides as we do.

A queue of 300 at Miami could only be 30 minutes during peak tourist season around mid/late afternoon when there are a lot of arriving flights. And I suspect the MCO (Orlando) queue also moves very quickly at times.

Last edited:

bobbbobbobb

I don't get it. Why would anyone enter a queue with that many drivers in it? How long does it take to clear out 400 drivers, even in a big airport? Granted, I drive UberX, and I'm iniMinneapolis so the queue never gets bigger than maybe 70. But I don't even think of driving to the airport unless the queue is 1-5 in which case I'll get a request when I get within a couple miles of the airport. Better to take rides that are close to me NOW.

Peterjay303

I don't get it. Why would anyone enter a queue with that many drivers in it? How long does it take to clear out 400 drivers, even in a big airport? Granted, I drive UberX, and I'm iniMinneapolis so the queue never gets bigger than maybe 70. But I don't even think of driving to the airport unless the queue is 1-5 in which case I'll get a request when I get within a couple miles of the airport. Better to take rides that are close to me NOW.
I assure you I didn’t go. $6 wouldn’t pay for the time I waste getting the pick up done. MIA is a train wreck sometimes and arrivals is always worse than departures.

Travisbickle89

No. We're usually in the high 200's. We're at 186-190 right now and it's 830 PM and no flights coming in.

Orlando is also very busy.

But there is a big difference between Orlando and Miami and Dallas and Houston. Orlando and Miami are major destination airports. Dallas and Houston are airports with a ton of connecting flights, so you don't have as many pax leaving the airport and looking for rides as we do.

A queue of 300 at Miami could only be 30 minutes during peak tourist season around mid/late afternoon when there are a lot of arriving flights. And I suspect the MCO (Orlando) queue also moves very quickly at times.

Now that is some freaking food for thought.

dauction

Post screenshots of your airport, let’s see who wins the ant olympics :biggrin:

View attachment 276176
Hey HUM.... Is that really a lot of drivers CONSIDERING .. that there are roughly 117,808.219178 Passengers at MCO every day ? 43 Million Passengers a year/365 ..

....Just trying to get perspective...everyone getting rides? What is Average the WAIT TIME for a ride?

kbrown

I can't believe that it takes so little to get so many people to a place where you're wasting the most time and likely to make less money overall. No wonder why Uber gives drivers continual rate cuts. They are laughing their *sses off because they know drivers are willing to accept so little. Airports at Thanksgiving are always a no-no for me. The only way I'd do it is if they paid me an additional $25 on top of whatever I made, and pre-charged and pre-paid me in case the rider cancels while I'm fighting the traffic to get to them.

I live in DC, and right now, our main airport is undergoing construction, so it leaves like 2 ways in and 2 ways out.... and the second way in is a bit out of the way, so most people fight to get into the airport through one way. It really is a clusterf*** where I'm at, so a $6 crumb ain't gonna move me towards wasting my time and day.