5th NIGHT in a ROW doing $30/hr GUARANTEE...

MC203

...5th NIGHT in a ROW MISSING $30/hr GUARANTEE ://///

What in fuchs sake is going on? Before last Friday I hit the guarantee every time, all hours. Now all the sudden each day/night begins with ZERO pings for the first 1.5-2hrs and I'm screwed. Used to get 20 rides in 10 hours easy. Thursday 4 rides. Friday 4. Saturday 8. Sunday 6.

I'm in core. Tried multiple high volume hoods all with same results. I feel like I'm being throttled by the app.

This is embarrassing

ajcadoo

What in fuchs sake is going on? Before last Friday I hit the guarantee every time, all hours. Now all the sudden each day/night begins with ZERO pings for the first 1.5-2hrs and I'm screwed. Used to get 20 rides in 10 hours easy. Thursday 4 rides. Friday 4. Saturday 8. Sunday 6.

I'm in core. Tried multiple high volume hoods all with same results. I feel like I'm being throttled by the app.

This is embarrassing
Yes, Uber is prioritizing pings so that hourlies cannot make the guarantees any longer. I was also able to hit the 1.5 trips/hr. with ease prior to last week. It appears on Tuesday of last week, the algorithm was updated for ping distribution, so it is no longer possible to successfully obtain 1.5 trips/hr.

MC203

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
image.png image.png

just in the middle of a surge in SM. was at 2.2. then down to 1.5. waited. waited. finally get a call: no surge. made a whopping $7.

1 ride. online since 8:30pm.

only reason I'm out here is a $22 Lyft line from Hwood.

Attachments

Shakey Jake

The surge is meaningless at night. No one is in such a big hurry that they will take a ride at 2.2 surge. They will just wait for the surge to drop and then they will order a ride. If you are looking for rides trying to do the hourly guarantee stay far away from any surge because you are not getting a ping until it passes.

Also you are in Santa Monica. Open up the partner app and I bet you are surrounded by cars.

MC203

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
those screen caps were taken after the guarantee was a bust. I tried to hit the 2.2 surge instead.

As a part timer, If I can't get the hourly guarantee, and I can't get surge and Select is few and far between, then WhyTF am I driving my awesome 3 Series for this shady ass company?

Digits

I have never ever gone 3 hrs in Hollywood on a Saturday night from 11-2am,I was doing hourly guarantee then. I also noticed during guarantee I only ONLY got UberPoo requests. I grossed a whopping $48 after 10 hrs. But then was kinda happy to make reach my guarantee requirements somehow.

Hunter420

It's really peanuts now.. A saturated market. Besides PAX know the game, and Uber doesn't care as long as they get their pings, so they drop surges. Every person on Lyft, hates Uber like the crooks they are. Its just Greed and corruption. I make 3 times less then 3 months ago.

SammyG

This is embarrassing
We've been posting this very thing for the last few weeks, we are getting UBERed!

Palestar

I've experienced the same exact thing. Hourly guarantee absolutely sucks. They will have you pulling your hair out trying to get 1.5 rides an hour.

Retrojka

Yes, Uber is prioritizing pings so that hourlies cannot make the guarantees any longer. I was also able to hit the 1.5 trips/hr. with ease prior to last week. It appears on Tuesday of last week, the algorithm was updated for ping distribution, so it is no longer possible to successfully obtain 1.5 trips/hr.
How does uber make money off the platinum status drivers? Don't they lose more money when they give them the pings rather than the hourly guarantee drivers?

Shotime4

How does uber make money off the platinum status drivers? Don't they lose more money when they give them the pings rather than the hourly guarantee drivers?
think of it as Platinum drivers are the full time drivers...if you keep them happy they keep driving...they drive the shifts that other people cant..keeps the surge down and pax happy.

Retrojka

think of it as Platinum drivers are the full time drivers...if you keep them happy they keep driving...they drive the shifts that other people cant..keeps the surge down and pax happy.
I understand that, but i still wonder how uber is making their money back. The only thing i can think of is that uber is investing all this money to get as many drivers as possible and get rid of the competition. Which means that soon, uber will no longer offer medals.

Shotime4

I understand that, but i still wonder how uber is making their money back. The only thing i can think of is that uber is investing all this money to get as many drivers as possible and get rid of the competition. Which means that soon, uber will no longer offer medals.
uber is losing money but the medals will continue..it's been 10 weeks already and they know they cant get rid of them without serious repercussions