1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

5th Delivery Down

Discussion in 'Flex' started by Kalistis, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Kalistis

Kalistis

I’m sure it’s solely due to the holiday season but I’ve picked up a block for 5 consecutive days and have my whole next week filled with blocks as well. I’ve had ample opportunity to accept more as well. I have a full time job but the evening shifts have been easy money so far. I completed a 5 hour block today in about 3 hours but I think I got lucky. This evening, the app glitches and showed I hadn’t finished my deliveries when I finished them several hours early. It took a few calls but it got sorted out. The leasing offices for apartments were still open so I dropped 4 of 60 at one front desk and another 10 at another. The evening block has its downsides. I can’t see addresses or packages as well in the dark. I picked up one Amazon Fresh delivery that was cancelled so they paid me anyway.

Will amazon keep me on after the holiday or is this considered temp hire? I feel like this is something I can manage well on my time off. I kind of like the work. Does anyone do this full time?

2. Amazon will keep you on year round if you dont have more than 3 issues in a rolling 500 packages

3. Kalistis

Kalistis

Issues as in theft? Is there somewhere I can see the status of my deliveries? As far as I know there haven’t been any issues.

4. You get a weekly summary email

5. oicu812

oicu812

If you want to make good money, never accept any blocks that far ahead especially evening blocks. My last evening block was 3hr block for $102. I didn't even consider it for a sec at $54 that I could've accepted it a week ago.

This is the holidays. Patience in accepting blocks will be the reward.

I did accept a couple of morning 4hr blocks days ahead for $72 which both were eventually cancelled. Got paid for them nevertheless.

Tank_Driver and nighthawk398 like this.