512Tech News

ATX 22

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have checked out their website. I found it interesting, because they aren't targeting the $1 a mile club members. I do know that they have been meeting with several companies around town, and they're targeting providors with 8 or more vehicles.

Tx rides

I have checked out their website. I found it interesting, because they aren't targeting the $1 a mile club members. I do know that they have been meeting with several companies around town, and they're targeting providors with 8 or more vehicles.
I don't like their tone regarding drivers (they are furniture), the rates aren't so great, either.

ATX 22

You must be able to get deeper into the website, or they already pitched you. I can't see that much information on the website. Of course, I haven’t filled out the single driver profile because I don't have a qualifying vehicle or insurance. I do have a chauffeur permit.

Ziggy

You must be able to get deeper into the website, or they already pitched you. I can't see that much information on the website. Of course, I haven’t filled out the single driver profile because I don't have a qualifying vehicle or insurance. I do have a chauffeur permit.
Isn't the former director of Titan Urban the director for iCars?

Tx rides

Yeah we have the sign on packet

Tx rides

Isn't the former director of Titan Urban the director for iCars?
No. ICars is run by Gary Bauer, a very successful transportation leader from SF. I'd be shocked to hear that he tinkered with Manit at all. Icars has all the step and fetch it requirements of regular high end affiliates, only more demanding because of the response requirements. I balked at the driver requurements first. Granted, you always see that overkill with any affiliates, but that, along with the low rates, was a turnoff. I will probably be overruled though! :-)

stuber

No. ICars is run by Gary Bauer, a very successful transportation leader from SF. I'd be shocked to hear that he tinkered with Manit at all. Icars has all the step and fetch it requirements of regular high end affiliates, only more demanding because of the response requirements. I balked at the driver requurements first. Granted, you always see that overkill with any affiliates, but that, along with the low rates, was a turnoff. I will probably be overruled though! :smiles:
Tx, I'm trying to get the skinny on iCars. Their website doesn't elaborate enough to tell me the key information: rates, terms, percentage splits, etc. I am curious about the Private Network stuff. Does that approach allow me to use the app as a simple productivity tool, and skip all the Open Network jobs that come with commission? I see value in that for me, my own network, and my own customers.
Detailed information is hard to come by, and I don't want to onboard just to learn it's another middleman scam.

Tx rides

Tx, I'm trying to get the skinny on iCars. Their website doesn't elaborate enough to tell me the key information: rates, terms, percentage splits, etc. I am curious about the Private Network stuff. Does that approach allow me to use the app as a simple productivity tool, and skip all the Open Network jobs that come with commission? I see value in that for me, my own network, and my own customers.
Detailed information is hard to come by, and I don't want to onboard just to learn it's another middleman scam.
I don't know if you can skip the open network. I asked the husband, he wasn't sure either. Did you go for broke and start a livery company? They are only working with permitted companies. They are not a "TNC" by Austin definitions. They're a broker. They don't replace your backend system.

If you aren't permitted in Austin, I'd wait to do so. You'd have to own a stretch (we're working on that !!) and you need a minimum of 300/100/100k commercial coverage (far too low IMO, we carry 1M. But ICars is still in beta mode, I'd let some dust settle. That's my advice, worth a plug nickel on a good day! Lol!!!

stuber

Ziggy, PM me if you want. I think you may have a similar product idea to mine.
I don't know if you can skip the open network. I asked the husband, he wasn't sure either. Did you go for broke and start a livery company? They are only working with permitted companies. They are not a "TNC" by Austin definitions. They're a broker. They don't replace your backend system.

If you aren't permitted in Austin, I'd wait to do so. You'd have to own a stretch (we're working on that !!) and you need a minimum of 300/100/100k commercial coverage (far too low IMO, we carry 1M. But ICars is still in beta mode, I'd let some dust settle. That's my advice, worth a plug nickel on a good day! Lol!!!
Thanks Tx. I'm already licensed livery. Always have been. Not in Tejas. Single vehicle owner op. I could be eligible for iCars, just not sure if I'd want to. I like my independent status, and managing my own customers. I network with other independent operators like myself. We generally cover for one another at 0% commission. It's give and take. It's fine paying brokers for work, but they want too big of a piece. It costs to acquire a customer, sure, but that customer keeps coming back. And each time they do, the acquisition cost is further diminished. So why do these brokers continue to hit me for 20% or 30%? The fair commission for that repeat customer should eventually become very small. Say 5%.

I want to create something that recognizes this basic fact.
PM me if you want the rest of my rants.

Tx rides

Ziggy, PM me if you want. I think you may have a similar product idea to mine.

Thanks Tx. I'm already licensed livery. Always have been. Not in Tejas. Single vehicle owner op. I could be eligible for iCars, just not sure if I'd want to. I like my independent status, and managing my own customers. I network with other independent operators like myself. We generally cover for one another at 0% commission. It's give and take. It's fine paying brokers for work, but they want too big of a piece. It costs to acquire a customer, sure, but that customer keeps coming back. And each time they do, the acquisition cost is further diminished. So why do these brokers continue to hit me for 20% or 30%? The fair commission for that repeat customer should eventually become very small. Say 5%.

I want to create something that recognizes this basic fact.
PM me if you want the rest of my rants.
Doh! I knew that! Sorry, had you confused with a driver in Austin. Apologies!

I believe the 20% is only for the ones generated directly through Icars. I think there are a lot of features to ICars, and it remains to be seen how these will co-exist, and how their system will sustain direct conversions, which will certainly occur, especially with local clients, right? Why pay affiliate rates when you have the company on speed dial? :-)

ATX 22

stuber, iCars is only in San Francisco and Austin at this time, but I am sure if you're interested, they would talk to you.

stuber

stuber, iCars is only in San Francisco and Austin at this time, but I am sure if you're interested, they would talk to you.
Yep. They're rolling out slowly during '16 and '17. If anybody has their complete agreement docs with all the terms, please post.
I want to read through that, before I bother on-boarding.

The iCars website is vague about all the particulars.