• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

500 new TLC applicants every week. What is going on?

K.O.N.Y

Student loans, mortgage, back rent, lay offs, firings, companies consolidating, $950 bonus plus guaranteed 6k, drive a brand new car with 0 down, the opportunity to own your own business, the flexibility, people racing for there piece of the app business, friends showing friends how much they make with Uber...the list of reasons are a mile long

HerbyHerb

"With uber you can make $1500 as a side gig." People are a little bit naive, but they are being misled by predatory advertising. It's on the back of every mta bus.
When the biz completely dies because of driver oversupply, everyone should sue Uber the daylights for misleading advertisement. It's those $1,500 a week ads on billboard in Queens & on backs of MTA buses that intice everyone to join! It's very misleading and people invest their life savings to join this Titanic. I even saw an old grandma in a minivan with the U light sitting outside Queens mall a while back. I wanted to take a pic but couldn't. Crazy

gebbels6

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you guys think is break even point? Currently 40 hours a week is around 500 per week. I think if the average wage for 40 hours drops to 400 a week many people will leave

What do you guys think is break even point? Currently 40 hours a week is around 500 per week. I think if the average wage for 40 hours drops to 400 a week many people will leave
$800 in 40 hours minus a weekly $400 rental is $400 in 40 hours which is $10 an hr every week so its less than that if your current is 40 hrs for $500. I used to do those numbers but actually worked $50-$60 when I rented. Now I own and make about the same but make other money besides driving and am confident about whats going on in the industry as far as my life plan. People will stay, people will leave.

GetRichorDriveTrying!

UberMazda6

$800 in 40 hours minus a weekly $400 rental is $400 in 40 hours which is $10 an hr every week so its less than that if your current is 40 hrs for $500. I used to do those numbers but actually worked $50-$60 when I rented. Now I own and make about the same but make other money besides driving and am confident about whats going on in the industry as far as my life plan. People will stay, people will leave.

GetRichorDriveTrying!
The ads are deceiving. You can make $1500/ week if you put out 10 hours a day , 7 day a week. Life a cabbie is tough. However I have seen lots of other people joining in because newer cars and prospective of being your own boss is a lure. They dont get it that you could have been your own boss when you were driving car service

Uberman8263

No one ever went broke under estimating the Uber driving pool.

The ads are deceiving. You can make $1500/ week if you put out 10 hours a day , 7 day a week. Life a cabbie is tough. However I have seen lots of other people joining in because newer cars and prospective of being your own boss is a lure. They dont get it that you could have been your own boss when you were driving car service
Uber coolade

Being a boss driving car service while paying them a weekly lease to be dispatched or owning a vehicle and waiting for a ping sound like the AOL aim noise and original Apple text notification?