$500 FINE! Received ticket for new bylaw infraction

Sergei

I was doing UberEats today with my wifes car and decided to see if our '08 Accord would work on UberX because Eats was slow. It worked!

But it didnt last long because an officer on a bike saw me on the side picking up two passengers and asked for my information. I gave it to him and he said that my car is too old and violates the new Uber PTC regulations.

Now what to do? Will Uber pay the fine for me? Basically all the money I made in the last two weeks is gone from this ticket. Never again will i try with our old car. We purposely bought a 2014 car and I will not use anything else for UberX. The officer told me that I was lucky he is only giving me a ticket for $500 because it can be for much more than that apparently.

Deoxlar

Being the ticket to the uber office and see if they will help you. Uber will probably argue that they sent us emails about new regulations already, so picking up passengers with a vehicle that does not pass regulations isn't ubers fault but your own.

Manhoos

I was doing UberEats today with my wifes car and decided to see if our '08 Accord would work on UberX because Eats was slow. It worked!

But it didnt last long because an officer on a bike saw me on the side picking up two passengers and asked for my information. I gave it to him and he said that my car is too old and violates the new Uber PTC regulations.

Now what to do? Will Uber pay the fine for me? Basically all the money I made in the last two weeks is gone from this ticket. Never again will i try with our old car. We purposely bought a 2014 car and I will not use anything else for UberX. The officer told me that I was lucky he is only giving me a ticket for $500 because it can be for much more than that apparently.
Oh God! This forum is full of trolls... :confused:

laoye

No kidding ..
Be careful, traffic or by-law must be obeyed.
On Friday evening I saw a police approaching a vehicle dropping off two people right at the East/North corner of Danforth and Broadview

UberxGTA

This story is totally fake. Police will not be enforcing the new regulations and they never did when the Taxi mob called Uber 'illegal' when it never was here. The licensing bylaw officers and the newly budgeted bylaw officers will be responsible for enforcement. The cops are too busy handling crime.

UberZF

I'm not too sure about that.

I've had "Chats" with the Cops on Bikes a few times now on Weekend nights...
And I've seen them Ticket an Uber driver while picking up Pax. (And it was not a No Stopping zone).

Sergei

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am fighting the ticket in court. My friend was driving tonight after I told him not to and was caught. Also fined $500 by plain clothes officer. He was told they are taking it easy due to new regulations but the fine can be up to $25,000.

Risk it if you want.

Hannibalb

I am fighting the ticket in court. My friend was driving tonight after I told him not to and was caught. Also fined $500 by plain clothes officer. He was told they are taking it easy due to new regulations but the fine can be up to $25,000.

Risk it if you want.
Can you display the ticket? Or at least tell us what it says on the ticket?

What did Uber say to you?

Miner

Risk it if you want.
You are for sure a Cabbie who's trying to spread a scam....
Uber hasn't got any licence from city of Toronto so not a single bylaw can be applied at the moment....

CDNcrippler1

Lmao crying because you did something you know was wrong, you admit was wrong, and then you start begging for forgiveness like you stole a cookie? Where was your area I will take it :smiles:

Gill002

My friend actually got the ticket this guy is mentioning
I will put up a photo if he doesn't

Uberchampion

Seriously.....you taxi drivers should really spend your time concentrating on your big strike. I for one am hoping you have a great turn out. The more of you on strike, the busier the rest of us will be.

Ps. Don't be mad at your fellow cab drivers that use Uber to get to your strike. Even they don't want to pay outrageous rates for sub part service.