$500 Appreciation Award from UBER

jtk131604

Zero emails. Haven't been driving much the last few months. Maybe that's it. I wouldn't mind getting reimbursed for spending my own money on that TNC license 2 years ago. And for being screwed by them, in general.

UsedToBeAPartner

Looks like UBER desperately grabbing at straws to generate some good will just before they launch their IPO. Everyone associated with UBER, except the drivers, will become multi-millionaires over night!

UberCadi

Would be curious of the criteria. Been doing Uber since late 2015 but was never a full timer, and got nuttin. I’m sure those that are getting bonus have several 1000’s of lifetime rides. Which if so, doesn’t even put a dent in what the damage was to the several vehicles you’ve probably consumed.

It is purely related to the upcoming IPO. They had to release all their financials to the public, and Uber isn’t losing their a$$ like everyone thought they were. And...they know Lyft is starting to kick there butts too. I know I’ll never take book a trip as a rider on Uber platform ever again unless my life depends on it. Had a great Lyft experience the other day with a driver that will no longer drive for Uber either. Gave that man a 10 spot tip for a $17 ride. Plus it was a beautiful Lexus (older one, but Black car quality.

Uber is a bunch of jackasses. Period.

UsedToBeAPartner

The criteria is quite clear and very specific. You have to have done 2500 plus lifetime rides, you have to have done rides in 2019. 2500 rides gets you $100. More rides, more money. I have 2319 rides so I get nothing! Uber will IPO and make billions and drivers will get $100. Woot Woot!

SkidRow

A day after the email telling you about the bonus you get a second email.
It asks to share your information with Meryll Lynch in the off chance you'd like to spend that money on the IPO.

I might, but I'd rather it be stock options rather than the actual stock.

UberCadi

It asks to share your information with Meryll Lynch in the off chance you'd like to spend that money on the IPO.

That type of action should be illegal. That is purposely trying to fund investors and drive up their market price. That just proves how crooked Uber is.

UsedToBeAPartner

That type of action should be illegal. That is purposely trying to fund investors and drive up their market price. That just proves how crooked Uber is.
And this surprises you? They have stolen everything from their drivers and they still can't make a profit. This is a BS company that investors are going to scarf up. Such a sad commentary.

Christinebitg

And you guys really think this $500 is on the up and up?

Sounds like a scam to me, to be honest.

No, I didn't get the email. I've done a little over 600 trips. But if it sounds too good to be true...

Go ahead, fill in the blank. Is there any reason to think Uber would really give (and I do mean "give") you guys money, just for being there.

Come on, get real.

UsedToBeAPartner

It does appear to be legit. You have to have had 2500 lifetime rides to qualify for the minimum award of $100. Uber is looking for a way to make their IPO appear to be a benefit for investors by showing how they are taking great care of their drivers with these bonuses. What a joke!

yamafx4dude

Thats interesting. Most of the times any average "joe" can't participate in an IPO. Its only for accredited investors I think. Might be a bait tactic to get you to sign up w/ ML, but you'd not be approved to participate in the IPO. Thats what happened to me with Lyft. I saw the IPO but could not participate. Funny it tanked.